Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #76
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158
Default Re: Bonte: 'If Vitali fights on, it'll be v the Arreola- Stiverne winner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight News View Post
sky punch stats have Haye and klitschko throwing 215 and 216 punches.

I am sure they do

Would not surprise me one bit.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #77
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bonte: 'If Vitali fights on, it'll be v the Arreola- Stiverne winner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
They have a few common opponents and Wlad lost to 2 of them.......
Which means what? Styles make fights. I don't think you will find any respected trainer or analyst that would say Vits is better in any department except chin. We know unequivocally his resume isn't as good nor was his one defense of the heavyweight championship over Danny Williams on par With Wlads defenses as champion.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #78
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
True, but Vits isn't half as good as lil brother.
The current version we have seen the last 2-3 years isnt as good as prime Wlad.

Haye has him scared.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #79
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraharakisuke View Post
I never said Wlad was responsible. It was more of a clash of styles. Wlad is a safety first, **** him up 2nd, fighter. His brother is more domineering, is less concerned with David's power. (btw I do think, even now, that Vitali would beat Haye).

Also Haye gets shat on by so many on this forum for "running" from Wlad. He spent the entire fight in range or there abouts, he just wasn't good enough to get to Wlad; but who is?
Thing is, according to most people over the years (fewer every fight) who say there's a blueprint for beating Wlad, the only way to do it is to blitz him early, get in his face and destroy him. Before the fight, Haye/Booth suggested, if only indirectly, that they understood this, but the attempts to get inside were a little less spirited than what was required IMO. I agree though, I don't think anyone stands a chance of getting inside long enough to topple Wlad now that his footwork is so good, perfected by Steward.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
leaduppercut
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Ye sorry about the title, it's from the article where I found this
leaduppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #81
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 70

I hope Stiverne pulls the upset here, I really don't want to see Vitali/Arreola again...
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #82
leaduppercut
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Stiverve was losing on points to shot Ray Austin after 9 rounds not so long ago......
leaduppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #83
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
The current version we have seen the last 2-3 years isnt as good as prime Wlad.

Haye has him scared.
While the version of Haye in the same time has lost by shut out as well beating two garbage domestic level clowns. I really don't think Vitali cares that much about this blown up CW. Haye Vitali would just be a repeat of Vitali Adamek.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #84
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vitali like his "fans" are running scared of the Haye.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #85
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybronson View Post
If Haye got the Vitali fight it could only go 2 ways and they are a KO win for Vitali or points win for Vitali
Then why is Boente so eager to make less money for Vitali's last fight. It reeks of protection of Klitschko's legacy and the acknowledgement that Haye could very well derail that. Its a poor move if this fight doesnt happen, for someone who moaned and whinged when he couldnt get a semi retired boxer back into the ring, he sure is hypocritical. Only Idiots and fools would rather see Vitali face Arreola or Stiverne. Do Vitali's team believe in him anymore, what a massive anti climax that would be to a fine career.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #86
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The idea of a rematch between Arreola and Vitali is ridiculous. Why on earth would Vitali continue his career for this? just retire already.

Haye and Tyson Fury are the only names worth mentioning for Vitali, maybe Povetkin.
11player is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #87
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
While the version of Haye in the same time has lost by shut out as well beating two garbage domestic level clowns. I really don't think Vitali cares that much about this blown up CW. Haye Vitali would just be a repeat of Vitali Adamek.
It would look nothing like the Adamek fight. Haye is much faster and versatile.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #88
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Vitali loves beating up bums.
Dai is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #89
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
You racist, you just hating on the black man
Dai is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #90
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I just hope Haye doesn't get the fight. That prick is only out for what he can do for David Haye. He talks an epic game then goes on to do absolutly **** all. Plus he's deluded in thinking Vitali vs himself is a fight anyone wants to see.
oli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum