Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #151
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
**** no, but a win over Silva might just do.

GSP is a distant 3rd, and hasn't finished anyone in 4 years. I rate Anderson Silva over Fedor because of longevity, and because he is a Champion in two different eras. No disrespect to Fedor, but after Pride died he sat out and never fought the Best Fighters in the World, in or from the premiere organization in the World. Avoiding the Best Fighters was still not enough to stop father time from catching up, but my man Anderson Silva is a few years older and still on top. By no means disrespect as this is fact, Fedor had it, but doesn't have the longevity to back those accomplishments up.

Anderson Silva has it all, and is a more dynamic striker. Slipping punches, breaking faces from the clinch, and front kicking opponents in the face... Ending fights seemingly whenver he pleases. We've never seen him dumped on his head, quit, or be punched out by a much smaller and older man. If Fedor is passed his prime then so be it, but Anderson Silva is still Great at an advanced age. Fedor just never reached that point, he crashed and burned as Anderson Silva aged like fine wine. Almost everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I don't think Fedor has it and probably because he never evolved his game. The Game Don't Wait, and he fell into Werdum's trap. He fell in love with his hands. That, and defeat ****ed him up which probably led to him quitting against Bigfoot. Hendo just pulled off an epic switch, and would have punched my man Fedor unconscious if it weren't for the man with the dreads.
Great POST! So true about the longevity being the deciding factor for Silva
latineg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #152
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Bob, I finally see the light. Thanks for your expert opinion, without it I would have fought that Fedor was the greatest but now I see him for what he really is: a glorified Russian hobo.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #153
(PimpThaSystem)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So no one wants to tell me what Fedor's 4th best win was?
(PimpThaSystem) is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #154
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by (PimpThaSystem) View Post
So no one wants to tell me what Fedor's 4th best win was?
Kevin randleman Andre arlovski idk take your pick look at his record
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #155
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post

Common man, If I were you, I would just stop right there...wich I'm going to do TBH...

The batshit crazy stuff I can read on this forum....

Fedor won the SF HW belt...rolf...

Cage Rage title same thing as the SF title....
Fedor went 1-3 in SF . A Title from SF, Cage Rage is no UFC Gold, and I hope you understand that.

For what it's worth.....

Fedor Emelianenko: 14-0-1 in Pride

Anderson Silva: 16-0 in The UFC
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #156
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Fedor went 1-3 in SF . A Title from SF, Cage Rage is no UFC Gold, and I hope you understand that.

For what it's worth.....

Fedor Emelianenko: 14-0-1 in Pride

Anderson Silva: 16-0 in The UFC

I hope you understand that UFC title > SF title > Cage Rage title

Has long you understand that....and that Fedor never had the SF title.

Now, I want you to talk about the difference of opposition between the UFC MW division and the PRIDE FC HW division.

You see were I'm going ?

EDIT: And don't forget to stick within the context of the time...very important...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #157
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Bob mmath doesnt work
Sure Andy beat Hendo and Hendo beat Fedor but it doesnt mean that if Fedor and Andy fought that Andy would win
From saying "Fedor lost to better fighters" to the salty words like that in bold, greathamza is now all over the place and trying to turn this discussion into a brawl.

I'd just wanted to elaborate on this silly ass posts from yesterday, guess I didn't get to truly express myself as I was on the go, and on my mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMCATCHER View Post
LOL Good one.

The crocop that Fedor beat brutalises Anderson Silva.
Another prime example of desperate men saying desperate things.

Quote:
History in the making: Strikeforce wins the Fedor Emelianenko lottery

By Jesse Holland on Dec 30, 11:00p

For much of its existence, Strikeforce was widely-considered the number two promotion in all of combat sports. Here's just one of the many reasons why.

On January 12, 2013, Strikeforce will broadcast its final mixed martial arts (MMA) event with "Marquardt vs. Saffeidine," which emanates live via the Showtime network from the Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

The promotion, once considered a major player in combat sports and arguably the number two MMA organization in the world, will limp across the finish line with a tattered fight card -- originally titled "Champions" -- but now cobbled together with whatever spare parts were still operational (and within easy reach).

Injuries, in addition to greener pastures under the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) banner, saw to that.

Long before Strikeforce was absorbed by its Las Vegas rivals, the fight game's little engine that could, did, by delivering consistently entertaining telecasts and cementing its place in the annals of cagefighting history by doing the one thing the ZUFFA machine never could.

Sign Fedor Emelianenko.

At the time, "The Last Emperor" was 30-1 with one no contest and considered the best heavyweight fighter in all of MMA, as well as one of the finest pound-for-pound fighters of his era. Undersized for a competitor plying his trade in the land of giants, the soft-spoken Russian was also a multi-time World Combat Sambo Champion.

And he was coming off back-to-back drubbings of two former UFC heavyweight titleholders.

When Affliction MMA collapsed under the weight of its own incompetence, Emelianenko was once again unemployed, the second time in the span of two years following ZUFFA's surprise buyout of PRIDE FC.

It seemed a big-money showdown against Brock Lesnar, who had recently usurped the UFC's 265-pound throne from Randy Couture in the latter part of 2008, was a foregone conclusion. After all, any company with the financial means to purchase its competition could surely afford a man whose wardrobe consisted of three ugly sweaters and a pair of stonewashed jeans.

But as UFC President Dana White will attest, it's true, money really can't buy everything.

White and Co. essentially handed Emelianenko and his comrades -- including M-1 Global head cheese Vadim Finkelchtein -- a blank check, which some insiders suggest was as high as five million dollars per fight. Those "crazy Russians" responded by laughing at their American suitors.

Then went and signed with Strikeforce.

The deal allowed M-1 to co-promote its events on Showtime. It was the straw the broke the camel's back during UFC negotiations, but aside from giving San Jose CEO Scott Coker the top talent in the industry, it also loosened White's stranglehold on divisional rankings.

And to be frank, without Emelianenko, the purchase of PRIDE had come with an asterisk.

Other notable signings had stumbled out of the gate or faltered in later fights. Mauricio Rua and Quinton Jackson were beaten by "Ultimate Fighter" champion Forrest Griffin, while Mirko Filipovic was nearly killed by a Gabriel Gonzaga head kick.

In addition, Wanderlei Silva started 1-3 inside the Octagon and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was stopped by Frank Mir.

None of that would matter, however, if Emelianenko could headline a pay-per-view (PPV) opposite Lesnar, except he couldn't, because he was en route to the Hexagon to face undefeated up-and-comer Brett Rogers in late 2009. "The Grim" proved to be a tough nut to crack, but was ultimately finished off in the second round.

White could only watch in disgust.

Some fans argue that signing Dan Henderson was just as important. While "Hendo" was already a proven commodity under the ZUFFA umbrella, the former PRIDE kingpin was 0-2 in championship title fights and widely considered UFC refuse, failing to come to terms on his contract extension.

His debut loss to Jake Shields did little to change that perception.

In the end, Emelianenko would shrivel up and blow away in the wind, much like Strikeforce will in less than two weeks. Following his technical knockout win over Rogers, the Stary Oskol native would lose three straight. Fabricio Werdum submitted him in a shocking 2010 upset before the doctor saved him from Antonio Silva a year later.

His final fight on Showtime ended in unconsciousness courtesy of the heavy-handed Henderson.

White would get the last laugh, literally, as Emelianenko returned to the European circuit for a trio of wins prior to hanging up the gloves for good. But even in defeat, "The Last Emperor" served his purpose in keeping Strikeforce at the forefront of every fight fans' conversation for the better part of two-and-a-half years.

Like his employer, gone but not forgotten.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Good read.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #158
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post

I hope you understand that UFC title > SF title > Cage Rage title

Has long you understand that....and that Fedor never had the SF title.

Now, I want you to talk about the difference of opposition between the UFC MW division and the PRIDE FC HW division.

You see were I'm going ?

EDIT: And don't forget to stick within the context of the time...very important...
I do understand, and your just proving my point.

As for the difference in opposition between The UFC MW division and Pride HW division... Look, you can't sit here and hold it against Anderson Silva for not having Big Nog, CC, and Mark Coleman in his division... For these men are not the same size, that's weak dude.

W-e-a-k.

Winning is all that is asked of a competitor, and both men have done just that. They won big, and they remain undefeated for a very long time. The difference is these HWs weren't successful in The UFC. These are the same men we're talking here, are they not?

CC: 4-7

Big Nog: 6-3

Mark Coleman: 1-2

Here are some records of other Pride Fighters....

Rampage Jackson: 8-4

Wanderlei Silva: 4-5

Shogun Rua: 5-5

Dan Henderson: 4-2

Dan Henderson, a much smaller and older man than Fedor, was punching him out two years ago. The same Hendo that submitted to Anderson Silva, and there is just no way around that.

All records listed are post Pride era, don't get it twisted. But, with all this before you it should be clear that Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson are the only Pride Fighters to stand the test of time. I'm sorry, but Fedor is not one of them. If we're going to talk longevity, context, know that The Spider has more wins on the World Stage, more wins during his run than Fedor did. As Anderson Silva continues to fight it will be clear that he is a Greater Mixed Martial Artist.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #159
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Note that in this discussion their is no right, or wrong answer. Just facts and some opinions

Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #160
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Why did I just read that...answers on a postcard please...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #161
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Sorry Bob but where do you have Fedor ranked?

I think you're underestimating him abit.

Silva is a clear #1 for me because he is operating at the highest level this sport has even seen. I thought Bones had taken it to the next level but the way Silva toyed with Sonnen (which proved He was severely injured in the 1st bout) makes him hands down the most lethal fighter in the world.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #162
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Sorry Bob but where do you have Fedor ranked?

I think you're underestimating him abit.

Silva is a clear #1 for me because he is operating at the highest level this sport has even seen. I thought Bones had taken it to the next level but the way Silva toyed with Sonnen (which proved He was severely injured in the 1st bout) makes him hands down the most lethal fighter in the world.
#2 of course, good points!

JJ is on another level too, watch this space.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #163
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
#2 of course, good points!

JJ is on another level too, watch this space.

Im abit disappointed with Bones the last few fights and at the same time I see Silva pulling a Neo on solid bigger fighters. I mean the man fights with hands down and stops the toughest fighters (Bonnar) while daydreaming inside the cage. Sometimes I dont believe it but its videotaped.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #164
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Likewise, I remember you picking Sonnen back in 10', and everything you said was true. Then with a minute and a 1/2 left Anderson Silva made it right. He was never broken, even after that 1st round in the rematch. In the 2nd round he denied Sonnen, and the challenger eventually fell into his trap. I'm not talking shit, but Antonio Silva ate Fedor's lunch. I know that he had been contemplating retirement before the Werdum fight, but what what goes down leading up to and in every fight is all part of the big picture. I just felt sorry for him, but my man did it his way and on his terms. I hold him accountable for every last fight and refuse to use words like context to excuse what goes down behind caged doors.

JJ v Sonnen is huge, and we will see how mentally strong the young Champ is. If he can keep his head on straight he will continue to progress.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #165
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Likewise, I remember you picking Sonnen back in 10', and everything you said was true. Then with a minute and a 1/2 left Anderson Silva made it right. He was never broken, even after that 1st round in the rematch. In the 2nd round he denied Sonnen, and the challenger eventually fell into his trap. I'm not talking shit, but Antonio Silva ate Fedor's lunch. I know that he had been contemplating retirement before the Werdum fight, but what what goes down leading up to and in every fight is all part of the big picture. I just felt sorry for him, but my man did it his way and on his terms. I hold him accountable for every last fight and refuse to use words like context to excuse what goes down behind caged doors.

JJ v Sonnen is huge, and we will see how mentally strong the young Champ is. If he can keep his head on straight he will continue to progress.
I wouldnt be surprised if Chael gives Bones everything He can handle but I wouldnt be surprised if Jones slams him from a chokehold either.

I know MMA math doesnt normally work but in terms of Silva, its quite mind boggling. Just last month Okami faced a guy who had all the momentum in the world, Belcher. Okami just manhandled him.

Now flashback to Okami/Silva. I remember Silva having the look as if, are you seriously insulting me by matching me up with this bum?

He has created a gap in skill like no other in MMAs history. Its actually pretty scary what Hed do if He was serious.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum