Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Langford Marciano
Langford 3 50.00%
Marciano 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

15 rounds
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #2
Danmann
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Marciano in 3 or 4 rounds.
Danmann is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 21,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmann View Post
Marciano in 3 or 4 rounds.
So Langford lasts less than half as long as Don ****ell.
mcvey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
So Langford lasts less than half as long as Don ****ell.
I was pretty sure Langford was a tiny bit better than ****ell but now ill have to think about it
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #5
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 21,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I was pretty sure Langford was a tiny bit better than ****ell but now ill have to think about it
Seems we both got it wrong.
mcvey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,623
vCash: 330
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Langford probably drops Rocky at some point but Rocky should prevail to take a points decision.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Langford finishes him in a brutal give and take over 7 rounds.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Langford wins. In a back and forth battle Langford superior boxing skills open Rocky up to some terrific counter punches. Sam hit like a hammer and he had the skills to keep Marciano off balance. Ref stops the fight after 12 due to Rocky's facial damage.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 21,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI View Post
Langford wins. In a back and forth battle Langford superior boxing skills open Rocky up to some terrific counter punches. Sam hit like a hammer and he had the skills to keep Marciano off balance. Ref stops the fight after 12 due to Rocky's facial damage.
I dont think you and Seamus have read Danman's post.
mcvey is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #10
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,623
vCash: 330
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

So Langford would stop Rocky but not Wlad?

Ffs
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
So Langford would stop Rocky but not Wlad?

Ffs
Wlad would stop him differently, perhaps over a longer time, but taking far less in return than Sam would take.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,623
vCash: 330
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Wlad would stop him differently, perhaps over a longer time, but taking far less in return than Sam would take.
It's just crazy to me how some people can totally rule out Wlad yet pick Langford to win.

I think this is a great fight and Sam can end it with one punch at any point but I think Rocky is nigh unbeatable at this weight.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,191
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
It's just crazy to me how some people can totally rule out Wlad yet pick Langford to win.

I think this is a great fight and Sam can end it with one punch at any point but I think Rocky is nigh unbeatable at this weight.
People are silly.

I also find Marciano nigh unbeatable at this weight. However, a ridiculous power puncher like Langford would have the best chance, not some incredible cutie/slickster. Though he wasn't the leather sponge some make him out to be, Marciano did get hit and hit fairly often. People who fought Langford said he harder than all his contemporaries, even guys like Wills and Dempsey.

I'm hedging but leaning toward Langford today. I think his KO of Wills is better than any two results put together that Marciano achieved.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #14
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,623
vCash: 330
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
People are silly.

I also find Marciano nigh unbeatable at this weight. However, a ridiculous power puncher like Langford would have the best chance, not some incredible cutie/slickster. Though he wasn't the leather sponge some make him out to be, Marciano did get hit and hit fairly often. People who fought Langford said he harder than all his contemporaries, even guys like Wills and Dempsey.

I'm hedging but leaning toward Langford today. I think his KO of Wills is better than any two results put together that Marciano achieved.
Not just a power puncher but perhaps the greatest trap setter in history, the description of how he sparked Flowers whilst blind is breathtaking.

Still I think a punchers chance is all Sam has here I just think the likelihood is one Rocky not being stopped.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sam Langford vs Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
People are silly.

I also find Marciano nigh unbeatable at this weight. However, a ridiculous power puncher like Langford would have the best chance, not some incredible cutie/slickster. Though he wasn't the leather sponge some make him out to be, Marciano did get hit and hit fairly often. People who fought Langford said he harder than all his contemporaries, even guys like Wills and Dempsey.

I'm hedging but leaning toward Langford today. I think his KO of Wills is better than any two results put together that Marciano achieved.
Great post.

I can see this shootout going either way.

I'd take Wlad to stop Rocky in the same way you've described although I wouldn't be surprised if Wlad takes Rocky out in the 2nd which is when he likes to let a heavy shot go. If he throws the left hook it could be lights out.

Still, if it takes 7,8,9 rounds I wouldn't be surprised. Marciano shits all over Mormeck, let alone the shite Mormeck Wlad faced so it's not unreasonable to think he'd last a bit longer. Very small guy to match up with such a modern physical beast though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013