Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #151
Ulioness

vCash: 500
Default Re: For anyone who has actually been in the ring share a personal true story!!

I got in the ring with a more experienced girl. She fights wild to say the least. Worst 3 rounds of my life. Her combos was connecting on every part of my body. By round 2 I ate all those punches because I stopped fighting her and ended up fighting myself mentally. By the end of round 3 I was pissed at myself, held my head down, spoke to no one and let the tears roll. I went back to the gym the same day just realized I need to push myself harder. It's never easy.
Ulioness is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #152
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202
Default Re: For anyone who has actually been in the ring share a personal true story!!

Great stories, good thread. Especially liked john garfields stories, I would have loved meeting some of the people he did.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #153
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Great stories, good thread. Especially liked john garfields stories, I would have loved meeting some of the people he did.
Hes got some absolute belters for sure.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #154
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Had this Guy Fighting for world title, also had one more on the Bill, 1st time in front of a Big crowd, for the Kid. 1st round He was terrible, got back to the corner, read Him the riot act. He says shut up you old Cunt, Im knocking Him out this round, stop getting excited, you,ll have a ****ing Heart attack . Anyway He did. Turned out a good night as it happens .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #155
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Had this Guy Fighting for world title, also had one more on the Bill, 1st time in front of a Big crowd, for the Kid. 1st round He was terrible, got back to the corner, read Him the riot act. He says shut up you old Cunt, Im knocking Him out this round, stop getting excited, you,ll have a ****ing Heart attack . Anyway He did. Turned out a good night as it happens .
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #156
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Think about this, my lot were a mixed lot as far as color was concerned . So were on the Track, 10 of them, on a Sunday sitting around having a rest. Being Sunday it got to talking about Jesus, and what colour He was. One of the White Guys, said He was White that was definite, so I asked Why do you think that, He said He had seen a Photo of Him. .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #157
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314

I was doing some (very) light sparring with this chick the other day...she is ***y as ****. At one point, she leaned into me while I was against the ropes, her pelvis pressed against mine. I instantly struck wood, and had to use some serious mind control to make it go back down...
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #158
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I once had a fighter fight in Poland, as my guy was mixing it up, he suddenly broke away and waved his hand. The Round ended and when my guy back to the corner his trainer asked him if he had hurt his hand, the fighter said ''Nah, the ref let one rip!'. The ref I believe was from England, I think he recently passed away.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #159
drakeon

My first post!

I had my 5th amateur fight in the UK few months back. I had lost 2 on points, and won 2 by stoppage. As my record showed I have a lot of power but I am terribly hesitant to throw, especially the back hand which is my money shot.

Cut a long story short, I saw who i was fighting ( very skinny babi like lad)
We were up next, warming up in the backroom of the social club we where fighting at, hitting the pads buildin up a sweat. I saw him hitting the pads, made no crack, made no one take notice - no power.

I decided I would try to intimidate him by showing him the difference in our punch, so I put everything into the punches, I saw him looking real nervous, and i removed the pad with a hook at one point. So i go in, get in the ring, waiting for him and I see some comotion few people start talking. Turns out the guy, ( im 23, he was 30 I think ) had ran, literally bolted out the fire door rather than fight me. The thing is I was fighting in the Midlands, and it was this lads home venue if you will, his family was there! I genuinely believe it would of took more balls for him to run away, than to come in and fight me. What would he say to his mrs ect - goodness me!
drakeon is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #160
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Tell your buds 'bout the thread's new location, JD, or it'll vanish.
Stickied to prevent it'll vanish.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #161
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
My first post!

I had my 5th amateur fight in the UK few months back. I had lost 2 on points, and won 2 by stoppage. As my record showed I have a lot of power but I am terribly hesitant to throw, especially the back hand which is my money shot.

Cut a long story short, I saw who i was fighting ( very skinny babi like lad)
We were up next, warming up in the backroom of the social club we where fighting at, hitting the pads buildin up a sweat. I saw him hitting the pads, made no crack, made no one take notice - no power.

I decided I would try to intimidate him by showing him the difference in our punch, so I put everything into the punches, I saw him looking real nervous, and i removed the pad with a hook at one point. So i go in, get in the ring, waiting for him and I see some comotion few people start talking. Turns out the guy, ( im 23, he was 30 I think ) had ran, literally bolted out the fire door rather than fight me. The thing is I was fighting in the Midlands, and it was this lads home venue if you will, his family was there! I genuinely believe it would of took more balls for him to run away, than to come in and fight me. What would he say to his mrs ect - goodness me!

Just hearing that story makes me feel embarassed, poor bastard. Boxing obviously isn't for him.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #162
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Think about this, my lot were a mixed lot as far as color was concerned . So were on the Track, 10 of them, on a Sunday sitting around having a rest. Being Sunday it got to talking about Jesus, and what colour He was. One of the White Guys, said He was White that was definite, so I asked Why do you think that, He said He had seen a Photo of Him. .
Hahaha that's brilliant
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #163
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This is a few years ago. this guy is Fighting, and has no second with Him. So the Promoter asks me to second Him, I say okay, asked Him who He was Fighting, He told me a rising Stars Name. thought Jesus poor Kid. Anyway He was put Down twice in the 1st. Coming back to the corner, I told Him I was pulling Him out, He said thanks scrap. So I called the Ref over and told Him I was Pulling Him out, with a bad Hand. Ref a good guy agreed it was stopped, before we left the Ring, the Ref came over, I knew Him well . He says scrap how did He hurt His Hand, He never threw a ****ing Punch. .
scrap is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #164
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingInsider View Post
I was 17, living in Palmdale California. Had an amatuer fight in the Greater L.A. area. i was a young punk, sporting a 25-2 record.

I remember vividly stepping in the ring, and the 1st round. The 2nd round changed my life forever.

About 20 to 30 seconds into the 2nd round, I was hit with a right hand. I woke up that night in the hospital; I had my Orbital Bone broke, , and a bone chip punctured my left eye.

I had a 57 hour surgery to remove the bone chip from my eye, ending my boxing career. From there, I got into the business / training side of boxing.

Since they day in 1993, til present day I have had 31 different surgeries to correct the vision in my left eye.
Shit! That's mad unlucky
Tar Baby is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #165
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Got afew.

I remember at a Scottish Novice tournamens we are all sitting chilling in the hotel after the first day of fights, everyone but me had lost there fights so I was in the final the next day. There were 4 of us and my pal who must have been about 17 at the time turns to my trainer and goes, 'That water you wash the gumsheild in is minging, it had sawdust and everything.' My trainer cracks up and checks the video camera of the fights. The boy had been dunking the gumsheilds into the spit buckets to clean them.

Once in the gym we had this big stocky Heavyweight who was Polish, and he had no finesse but boy could he bang. So hes on the punch bag and you can hear every hit. One of the young boys is walking down along the row of punch bags, our Heavyweight friend throws a left hook that misses and goes round the back of the bag, catching this young kid clean in the face. Kid just was buzzed, shook his head and carried on walking.

Another time there was training for the district in Dundee on a saturday morning. I end up going out the night before and am really hung over. I end up staying at my coaches house and we leave to Dundee, me wearing the clothes I had on the night before and with a pair of tracksuit bottoms. Turn up at the training and everyone is like kitted out and that. So I get changed, have to borrow a gumsheild of some little kid. Do the training and that and just perform shit on the bags and pas and exercises, cause I am dying. Well everyone knew who I was, so they thought I was just this slacker who never trained but knew how to fight. So I get told to go in sparring with some Light-Heavyweight (who actually got to the semi's of the Scottish title this year) and started to really put a beating on him. Kid couldnt beleive it. So this guy Id beaten afew weeks before and really fancyed himself as a hard man jumps in wants to spar. No Problem. This kid could whack and is punching me all round the ring for the first round. The coach is going mad at me. Second and third rounds come and I pasted the guy all round the ring, absolutly smashed him at his own game. he district coach came up to me at the end and was like 'You've got talent, but ****ing hell your a lazy cunt.'

Another one is I went sparring in a gym down in England, it was in a village hall is this small village. I'm hitting the bags and they tell me to go up to spar, aross the ring is this about 19 year old (I was about 14) fat guy and I mean obese. So Im licking my lips. So the bell sounds, guy comes out on his toes like Ali, popping me with jabs and moving away, still never hit the guy yet. I was amazed, my Dad thought it was hilarious.

Last edited by GPater11093; 03-03-2013 at 06:38 AM.
GPater11093 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing