Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Hagler coming out right handed in a fight where Ray is the fan favorite was not smart. He gave away rounds in an important fight.
I completely agree with you.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #32
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
I completely agree with you.
I thought those 2 rounds meant the fight. Had Marvin come out lefty and won the first two rounds he wins the fight and takes the momentum. And added to that Marvin was rusty. I remember Ray came out and won those 2 rounds. The psychological advantage he got getting those two rounds and even at one point pushing Marvin back and Marvin flew back sort of to show Ray was not the weak little guy Marvin thought he would be. Ray had two perfect rounds and couldn't have been better for his confidence. After that point he sort of had the edge and by the end of round 4 I remember he was getting to Marvin psychologically.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Im not saying he ony worked the last minute of each round..Im just saying its a fact that his trainer smacked the canvas when there was only 30 seconds left of each round.
SRL admitted this in an HBO specail all about him. He also admited that in the first fight with Duran it felt like everytime Roberto hit him him it felt like he was getting hit with a brick.
I remember that. I always wondered why Marvin didn't start fighting when he heard Leonard's cornerman do that since it seemed so obvious didn't it?
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #34
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

He wasn't robbed at all.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #35
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Leonard deserves that fight for the amount of work he had to put in to compete at an elite level.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #36
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
I thought those 2 rounds meant the fight. Had Marvin come out lefty and won the first two rounds he wins the fight and takes the momentum. And added to that Marvin was rusty. I remember Ray came out and won those 2 rounds. The psychological advantage he got getting those two rounds and even at one point pushing Marvin back and Marvin flew back sort of to show Ray was not the weak little guy Marvin thought he would be. Ray had two perfect rounds and couldn't have been better for his confidence. After that point he sort of had the edge and by the end of round 4 I remember he was getting to Marvin psychologically.
Momentum was the key!..And if I had to guess I didnt think Haglar was easy to get to psychologically...But id be wrong after this fight!...Well said my man!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
I remember that. I always wondered why Marvin didn't start fighting when he heard Leonard's cornerman do that since it seemed so obvious didn't it?
It really did!...Ive always wondered that myself but like you said by the the 4th Leonard was in his head.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #38
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
Leonard deserves that fight for the amount of work he had to put in to compete at an elite level.
Haglar put in some work himself as well..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Hagler robbed himself by allowing Leonard to immediately get comfortable and establish a rhythm and the pace.

Fighting behind sucks. To come out and hand Leonard the first two rounds on a platter, and then take the next two to warm up yourself isn't how you win championship fights.

A good scorecard has Ray winning 4 or 5 of the first 6 rounds. That means he needs 2 or 3 in the remainder of the fight to steal it. It's totally plausible you didn't think he pulled it off, but quite a few, in fact a majority, believe he did.

Hagler could have beaten Ray, but he chose the night he was in with his fiercest rival to go full retard, and he was outboxed and outdistanced. I guarantee it bothers him.

That's a tip for ANY fighter out there: Fight to win in EVERY round. Never, ever play on purpose. It can bite you in the ass too easily. You just might run out of time.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #40
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Hagler robbed himself by allowing Leonard to immediately get comfortable and establish a rhythm and the pace.

Fighting behind sucks. To come out and hand Leonard the first two rounds on a platter, and then take the next two to warm up yourself isn't how you win championship fights.

A good scorecard has Ray winning 4 or 5 of the first 6 rounds. That means he needs 2 or 3 in the remainder of the fight to steal it. It's totally plausible you didn't think he pulled it off, but quite a few, in fact a majority, believe he did.

Hagler could have beaten Ray, but he chose the night he was in with his fiercest rival to go full retard, and he was outboxed and outdistanced. I guarantee it bothers him.

That's a tip for ANY fighter out there: Fight to win in EVERY round. Never, ever play on purpose. It can bite you in the ass too easily. You just might run out of time.
Your right!...Like I said Haglar should have fought his own fight instead of playing right into Leonards hands..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Your right!...Like I said Haglar should have fought his own fight instead of playing right into Leonards hands..
An old rusty fighter(albeit great and crafty) comes out of a long ass retirement, and you give him free rounds to find timing, confidence and rhythm? Great job on that, Marvin.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #42
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
An old rusty fighter(albeit great and crafty) comes out of a long ass retirement, and you give him free rounds to find timing, confidence and rhythm? Great job on that, Marvin.

Yup!..It was pretty dumb on Haglars part..the worst part is you'd think he knew better!..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Can't be no robbery when you voluntarily present your opponant with the first 4 rounds on a platter.
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #44
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Can't be no robbery when you voluntarily present your opponant with the first 4 rounds on a platter.

He gave those rounds to Leonard!..
Old 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #45
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict

So lets just say that the first 6 rounds of this fight wasnt Haglars best work.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum