Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #61
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
I thought it was a clear Leonard round, i apologize if i was mistaken kind sir.

You have it scored 10-9 Haglar..Unless im readin it wrong..which is possible ...We are talkin about round 3 right?
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #62
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
I thought it was a clear Leonard round, i apologize if i was mistaken kind sir.
I dont mean that you were mistaken..Im just wondering why cause most everyone has the first 6 rounds scored for Leonard..( except round 5 ).
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
You have it scored 10-9 Haglar..Unless im readin it wrong..which is possible ...We are talkin about round 3 right?

That's another poster, there is me, you and a few other guys on here.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #64
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
I dont mean that you were mistaken..Im just wondering why cause most everyone has the first 6 rounds scored for Leonard..( except round 5 ).

Yeah first six Leonard, 4 and 5 closeish but still Ray.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #65
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
That's another poster, there is me, you and a few other guys on here.
Your right!...Im so sorry...Been a long day..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #66
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
Yeah first six Leonard, 4 and 5 closeish but still Ray.

I agree...but very close.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #67
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw View Post
Round 3!??
Yes, round 3. That is the round that I've been questioned on before, and I figured someone would question this time too.

Here are the things I took note of in round 3 that ultimately factored into me giving the round to Marvin:

Round 3 starts at 1:49 of the below video.

BORKED

Hagler starts the round off by stalking the ever moving Ray and looking for a spot to throw.

2:27 -Marvin sees his spot and lands a left hook that landed clean.

2:54 -Leonard throws a looping lead right, which Hagler blocked, but the commentators incorrectly said it landed.

3:03 -Leonard landed a right hook to Marvin's body, Marvin landed a counter left hook. Neither did any damage at all.

3:15 -Leonard threw another right lead and it was once again blocked by Hagler. Hagler missed the counter punches he threw.

3:24 -Leonard landed his first right lead, but missed the left hook he put after the right lead. Hagler dug into Leonard's body with a right hook under Leonard's left hook. In my opinion, Hagler hook to the body had more impact than Leonard's right lead, thus in my opinion Marvin came out the better of the two in the very brief exchange. Gil Clancy called the same view I just posted.

3:32 -Leonard once again throws a right lead, which was slipped by Marvin.

3:46 -Yet another Leonard right lead is blocked by Marvin.

3:50 -Marvin lands two good body shots as Leonard is trying to tie him up. Leonard came right back at Marvin with two right hands, the second of which was the first fully flush shot Leonard landed the entire round. In my opinion, for the first time that round, Leonard came out on top in the brief exchange.

3:56 -Marvin blocks a Leonard right lead. Marvin proceeds to land some light right uppercuts as Leonard tried to tie him up.

4:02 -Leonard misses his right lead again and ties Marvin up as Marvin looked to go to the body again.

4:13 -Leonard threw a right lead with conviction. Marvin slipped it and Leonard tied him up. Marvin landed a right hook to the body as they pushed off from eachother.

4:22 -Leonard finally lands his right lead, but it was grazing.

4:25 -Leonard thew a hard left hook. It was partially blocked by Marvin and also partially caught Marvin behind the head.

4:30 -Marvin lands two body shots, Leonard lands a left hook but misses his right, and Hagler landed a right hook to the body as Leonard was backing off.

4:44 -Marvin threw a lazy jab which Leonard countered with a sharp straight right left hook combo.

4:49 -Leonard threw a straight right-left hook combo, both were blocked and Marvin landed a clean left hook at the bell.


Basically, neither fighter did much noteworthy work, but Marvin did more work that landed than Leonard did. Most of Leonard's attacks were blocked or slipped by Marvin, and most of Marvin's attacks outside of stalking Leonard behind the jab when in range were to the body as Leonard looked to tie Marvin up.

I gave the round to Marvin on activity and overall landing more punches. Hagler also landed the heavier blows, despite very few heavy blows being landed by either fighter.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #68
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Hopefully the times in my post are accurate...that'd be a pain to fix.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #69
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

none at all he lost the fight
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #70
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
Yes, round 3. That is the round that I've been questioned on before, and I figured someone would question this time too.

Here are the things I took note of in round 3 that ultimately factored into me giving the round to Marvin:

Round 3 starts at 1:49 of the below video.

BORKED

Hagler starts the round off by stalking the ever moving Ray and looking for a spot to throw.

2:27 -Marvin sees his spot and lands a left hook that landed clean.

2:54 -Leonard throws a looping lead right, which Hagler blocked, but the commentators incorrectly said it landed.

3:03 -Leonard landed a right hook to Marvin's body, Marvin landed a counter left hook. Neither did any damage at all.

3:15 -Leonard threw another right lead and it was once again blocked by Hagler. Hagler missed the counter punches he threw.

3:24 -Leonard landed his first right lead, but missed the left hook he put after the right lead. Hagler dug into Leonard's body with a right hook under Leonard's left hook. In my opinion, Hagler hook to the body had more impact than Leonard's right lead, thus in my opinion Marvin came out the better of the two in the very brief exchange. Gil Clancy called the same view I just posted.

3:32 -Leonard once again throws a right lead, which was slipped by Marvin.

3:46 -Yet another Leonard right lead is blocked by Marvin.

3:50 -Marvin lands two good body shots as Leonard is trying to tie him up. Leonard came right back at Marvin with two right hands, the second of which was the first fully flush shot Leonard landed the entire round. In my opinion, for the first time that round, Leonard came out on top in the brief exchange.

3:56 -Marvin blocks a Leonard right lead. Marvin proceeds to land some light right uppercuts as Leonard tried to tie him up.

4:02 -Leonard misses his right lead again and ties Marvin up as Marvin looked to go to the body again.

4:13 -Leonard threw a right lead with conviction. Marvin slipped it and Leonard tied him up. Marvin landed a right hook to the body as they pushed off from eachother.

4:22 -Leonard finally lands his right lead, but it was grazing.

4:25 -Leonard thew a hard left hook. It was partially blocked by Marvin and also partially caught Marvin behind the head.

4:30 -Marvin lands two body shots, Leonard lands a left hook but misses his right, and Hagler landed a right hook to the body as Leonard was backing off.

4:44 -Marvin threw a lazy jab which Leonard countered with a sharp straight right left hook combo.

4:49 -Leonard threw a straight right-left hook combo, both were blocked and Marvin landed a clean left hook at the bell.


Basically, neither fighter did much noteworthy work, but Marvin did more work that landed than Leonard did. Most of Leonard's attacks were blocked or slipped by Marvin, and most of Marvin's attacks outside of stalking Leonard behind the jab when in range were to the body as Leonard looked to tie Marvin up.

I gave the round to Marvin on activity and overall landing more punches. Hagler also landed the heavier blows, despite very few heavy blows being landed by either fighter.
It was a pretty good round for Marvin..And yes that left hook was brutal!..
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #71
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
Hopefully the times in my post are accurate...that'd be a pain to fix.
Theyre pretty accurate!
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #72
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 887
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Not at all.
ripcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #73
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Round 3 and 5 are definitely the debatable rounds that one could give to Marvin. I gave Leonard the third and Marvin the 5th, personally.

Had Ray winning 5 of the first 6. Just weren't enough benefits of the doubt to give him in the fifth, imo.

Had it 7-5 SRL.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #74
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Round 3 and 5 are definitely the debatable rounds that one could give to Marvin. I gave Leonard the third and Marvin the 5th, personally.

Had Ray winning 5 of the first 6. Just weren't enough benefits of the doubt to give him in the fifth, imo.

Had it 7-5 SRL.

Thats exactly how I scored it. The 5th was a difficult round.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #75
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just how bad was Haglar robbed if at all against SRL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
Round 3 and 5 are definitely the debatable rounds that one could give to Marvin. I gave Leonard the third and Marvin the 5th, personally.

Had Ray winning 5 of the first 6. Just weren't enough benefits of the doubt to give him in the fifth, imo.

Had it 7-5 SRL.
What thoughts of yours were different than mine regarding round 3?
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013