Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #61
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Khan senchenko being negotiated for april 20 at 147

To quote one of Phil Anselmo's lyrics (former lead singer of Pantera, and a huge boxing fan)

"The smell in the air is chicken-shit!"
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #62
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Poxy fight really is, Let's face Hatton after 3 years and plenty of power and drink abuse was 6 mins away from beating this guy.

Senchenko is just another name to add, I respect Khan's developing things with Hunter but there's only so long you can stay away till your back in there.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #63
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It's a sensible choice. He didn't show enough improvements last time out to be thrown back in with the best. With time on his side, he has every right to take baby steps whilst settling down with a new trainer.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #64
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Agreed, Rico.

If it was either Mathysse, Ortiz or Garcia and he lost, what would everyone say?

"Oh, well he's not improved, time for you to retire, Khan!"

And it's not like he's taking these fights while holding a belt, so I don't see where people should find the right to criticise, even if it's not the best of fights. It really does bother me sometimes when people criticise Amir, yet Maidana just fought an absolute nobody, Matthysse is fighting Mike Dallas, Garcia just fought a finished Morales for the second time, yet you never see the sort of criticism come upon them that is bestowed upon Amir.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #65
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I dunno lads, To see development you need to be tested i don't see Senchenko posing the tests Amir needs.

But i see where you lads are coming from and if it's in UK it's going to be billed as the man who ruined Hatton's return etc. Looks good, Khan deals with him swiftly but then he's got to surely step back into world class level.

*I don't feel Senchenko is world class*.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #66
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

I agree Mand, but even when we all pretty much consider Amir a level above, the fella does make silly mistakes and I'd like to see how he deals with someone this time around who is taller than him, plus another training camp shall hopefully help him a little before fighting the bigger men.

It's more of a benefit from a promotional stand point, like you say.

Yep, I'd like to see him fight Lopez ideally afterwards.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #67
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

i'd accept this guy as an opponent if khan was fighting 4 times this year, he's not, hes only fighting twice. senchenko is 36 as i'v already stated in another thread kotelnik is a much better fighter. if khan blows him out of there what has he learned? there are so many guys out there who are way more acceptable. bredis prescott has height and reach, he's beatable that would have sold massively over here. if he can't beat prescott even at this stage then whats the point
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #68
Jaso
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Khan always struggles with fighters of a similar size.
Jaso is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #69
larsker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaso View Post
Khan always struggles with fighters of a similar size.
Khan will get KO'ed like the bum he is.
larsker is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #70
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsker View Post

Khan will get KO'ed like the bum he is.
At least he didn't pull out his ****ing toe.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #71
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadLeftHook View Post
As you have shown, for many dislike for Khan is ultimately due to his faith. Of course, it is disguised under illogical pretexts. Enough for you to make up lies.

He fought Medjadji and Drilzane, both suggestive of north-African Muslim names.
as you have shown,you can't say **** all jokingly about a brother muslim without being branded a KK white hat wear nazi racist bastard.
Seriously some people need to get offa there high horses and get a life.

Anyway,its not a bad fight,scenchenco is not world class as has been said,and khan deserves a easy fight after that molina fellow,shit hot him
widdy is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #72
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Agreed, Rico.

If it was either Mathysse, Ortiz or Garcia and he lost, what would everyone say?

"Oh, well he's not improved, time for you to retire, Khan!"

And it's not like he's taking these fights while holding a belt, so I don't see where people should find the right to criticise, even if it's not the best of fights. It really does bother me sometimes when people criticise Amir, yet Maidana just fought an absolute nobody, Matthysse is fighting Mike Dallas, Garcia just fought a finished Morales for the second time, yet you never see the sort of criticism come upon them that is bestowed upon Amir.
I think you're missing the point a bit mate. Don't think anyone is suggesting Khan immediately steps back in with Garcia, or any others you name, as his next fight. And as someone else has noted, there is a middle ground between the Garcias and Matthysse's of this world and the Senchenko's.

It just doesn't make much sense to move up to 147 to fight Senchenko, then move down again to fight Garcia or another decent 140 pounder. As someone else has said, Senchenko's quite a big 147 pounder so I wouldn't have thought he's gonna want to come down to 140. Even if he did drop to 140 that makes the fight even worse.

If Khan intends to stay at 147 after Senchenko and hopes to catch the Garcia rematch at that weight, then it makes sense, but to go up and down again just to fight Senchenko? Where's the benefit in that, if, as Khan keeps saying, the Garcia rematch is the ultimate goal for a few fights down the line?

Last edited by L.J.KEYS.; 01-18-2013 at 03:36 AM.
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 AM   #73
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775

please let khan have a thousand more gimme fights and please keep throwing titles at him for his fan boys to crow about, and when is his new retirement date
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #74
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.KEYS. View Post
I think you're missing the point a bit mate. Don't think anyone is suggesting Khan immediately steps back in with Garcia, or any others you name, as his next fight. And as someone else has noted, there is a middle ground between the Garcias and Matthysse's of this world and the Senchenko's.

It just doesn't make much sense to move up to 147 to fight Senchenko, then move down again to fight Garcia or another decent 140 pounder. As someone else has said, Senchenko's quite a big 147 pounder so I wouldn't have thought he's gonna want to come down to 140.

If Khan intends to stay at 147 after Senchenko and hopes to catch the Garcia rematch at that weight, then it makes sense, but to go up and down again just to fight Senchenko? Where's the benefit in that, if, as Khan keeps saying, the Garcia rematch is the ultimate goal for a few fights down the line?
Its not like he's jumping up a whole old school weight division, its only 7 pounds for God sakes.

When a fighter gets mullered like Khan did against Garcia there will always be a level of rebuilding and this means fighting lesser boxers, every champion who gets beat in that manner does the same. Its not just to put into practice what has been learned in the gym with his new trainer but its more a confidence builder. Senchenko isn't a bad fight in this context, he isn't a bad fight at all. The only disappointment is that if Khan is looking for confidence building and learning fights at this stage he should be in the ring at least every 3 months
icemax is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #75
L.J.KEYS.
C♯ Sharp or B♭ Flat
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Its not like he's jumping up a whole old school weight division, its only 7 pounds for God sakes.

When a fighter gets mullered like Khan did against Garcia there will always be a level of rebuilding and this means fighting lesser boxers, every champion who gets beat in that manner does the same. Its not just to put into practice what has been learned in the gym with his new trainer but its more a confidence builder. Senchenko isn't a bad fight in this context, he isn't a bad fight at all. The only disappointment is that if Khan is looking for confidence building and learning fights at this stage he should be in the ring at least every 3 months
I'm not saying Senchenko is that bad a fight, I just don't get the weight jumping. You say it's only 7 pounds, but Khan's been dropped by super featherweights, knocked out at lightweight and at light welter, so given the nature of his punch resistance a move upto welter just doesn't seem a clever move. I guess you could argue moving up might help his chin, but that hasn't happened so far in his career.
L.J.KEYS. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum