Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #11146
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Tekster
You could have owned my avatar for years.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #11147
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Tekster

his the massive signing you were on about? lol

id rather jennings, his young still.. Lyon is near the end. good luck if you get him.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #11148
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
id rather jennings, his young still..
Lolz

We brushed Jennings as soon as this old fella approached us
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #11149
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Lolz

We brushed Jennings as soon as this old fella approached us

that proves what? your recruiting is laughable.....

long term id choose Jennings any day, you can have Lyon, his best years were with manly.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #11150
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Lyon is almost twice the player Jennings is, and more of a role model off field too. You only have to see how Manly struggled without him to see how influential he was to them. Jennings however played 90% of the season and still couldn't get his team out of wooden spoon territory.

Lyons a far smarter player too, but doesn't too many years left in him. Still, an ageing disciplined smart role model is worth more than an erratic poor defensive ill disciplined alco.

Last edited by pecks; 01-18-2013 at 01:36 AM.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #11151
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
RIP Jon Mannah... poor bastard. Only 23.... the form of Lymphoma he had usually has a pretty good chance of survival but his case was particularly aggressive and returned 3 times in 5 years. That is pretty rare.
Damn, only 23...that's really sad. Rest In Peace.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #11152
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,942
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Tekster
Titans forum= homophobes/nazis. Delicious David started a thread '''Are we filthy,dirty,stinking cap rorting scum?'''and it was deleted.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #11153
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Can't see Lyon moving away from Manly right now, as he's sold his old place in Newport and is currently building a new house in Warriewood, plus his kids are all settled in school around that area.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #11154
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Lyon is almost twice the player Jennings is, and more of a role model off field too. You only have to see how Manly struggled without him to see how influential he was to them. Jennings however played 90% of the season and still couldn't get his team out of wooden spoon territory.

Lyons a far smarter player too, but doesn't too many years left in him. Still, an ageing disciplined smart role model is worth more than an erratic poor defensive ill disciplined alco.

He means alot to manly, any other team he wouldnt lift them half as much, and although Lyon was better then jennings, his time is almost up and wouldnt be worth signing him...
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 AM   #11155
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

I spose he could come back to Parramatta?
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #11156
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
I spose he could come back to Parramatta?
Nah mate, he's too white
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #11157
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Nah mate, he's too white
New leadership now! We'll just rub some chico babies on him to get the proper hue.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #11158
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
New leadership now! We'll just rub some chico babies on him to get the proper hue.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #11159
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
that proves what? your recruiting is laughable.....

long term id choose Jennings any day, you can have Lyon, his best years were with manly.
Last year he was the best centre in the game IMO

Your picking Jennings because you have him at your team. Please don't be blinded by the fact that Lyon is better at everything bar pace. The high ball, defense, kicking etc he dominates Jennings. And the guy has got better with age and is rarely injured. So your argument about his best days being at manly is invalid. He is still living his best days
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #11160
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Last year he was the best centre in the game IMO

Your picking Jennings because you have him at your team. Please don't be blinded by the fact that Lyon is better at everything bar pace. The high ball, defense, kicking etc he dominates Jennings. And the guy has got better with age and is rarely injured. So your argument about his best days being at manly is invalid. He is still living his best days

as i said, long term id pick jennings every day.

i think Jennings best is yet to come, he hasnt been given good service for a long time, that will changed with Pearce and Maloney.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013