Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #31
atigerofold
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: WHO is best aussie fighter that retired too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeave View Post
Wasn't too clever crossing the Hume highway pissed as a fart after a day at Warwick Farm races.
..................................................................................

Never once, have I heard that Fammo was pissed whilst he was running and crossing the road, outside of the Warwick Farm racetrack ...to the best of my knowledge, and I trained at the same gym as him, John avoided and rarely drank alcohol......leading up to that time, in boxing retirement, he was running marathons and doing very well in his times in completion. He was jogging on a road outside of the track in order to maintain condition (for his marathon running) as far as I heard....

Why your cause to denigrate him and say he was pissed? Can you find one news article, that suggests what you describe - to support your theory ? There are hundreds of news articles, but not one I have ever read says that he was pissed.

Last edited by atigerofold; 01-18-2013 at 12:25 AM.
atigerofold is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #32
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
Cliffy Samardin for sure - 24-0 ranked 5 and 6 by wbc and wba , a young boxing master with great defence . Surely would have gone on and won a World Title if promoted properly - broke me heart when he retired early.

bobby dunlop, charkey ramon,..then daylight.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #33
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Cliffy Samardin for sure - 24-0 ranked 5 and 6 by wbc and wba , a young boxing master with great defence . Surely would have gone on and won a World Title if promoted properly - broke me heart when he retired early.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #34
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

..Lance Gostello..
Old 01-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #35
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I know a couple of fighters above mentioned who had genuine health issues that forced their retirement.
old man is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #36
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
..I was in the Commercial Hotel in Charters Towers when Cliffy fought Lovemore Ndou on the Kostya Tsyzu undercard..
..and the dopey ring announcer introduced Cliffy Samardin!!!!...from MT ISA!!!...in NSW!!!!..what the ****???..the pub was goin' off over that..poor old Cliffy was shakin' his head..Mt Isa in NSW for ****s sake..

..anyway I remmember Cliffy goin' life'n'death in the 7th round of that fight and thinkin' to myself that he just passed a major gut test and he was enroute to getting himself a World title shot..
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #37
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
..I was in the Commercial Hotel in Charters Towers when Cliffy fought Lovemore Ndou on the Kostya Tsyzu undercard..
..and the dopey ring announcer introduced Cliffy Samardin!!!!...from MT ISA!!!...in NSW!!!!..what the ****???..the pub was goin' off over that..poor old Cliffy was shakin' his head..Mt Isa in NSW for ****s sake..

..anyway I remmember Cliffy goin' life'n'death in the 7th round of that fight and thinkin' to myself that he just passed a major gut test and he was enroute to getting himself a World title shot..
What did happen to him dark horse?
Crusher is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 AM   #38
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
What did happen to him dark horse?
..mate..he went back up Burketown for a few years..blew up to 80 odd kg's..livin' the good life..during this time he even went into one of the toughman comp's up in Townsville...I heard he lost the final to a kickboxer who just attacked his legs..
..I got on the piss with him and my mate up in Cairns about 3 years ago (he's cousin of one of my best mates)..he was down to 69kg back then and contemplating a comeback..I'm glad he didn't because he would've ended up losing to someone not good enough to tie his bootlaces in his prime..
..and he's the koolest bloke..a deadset legend..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum