boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,011
vCash: 1000
Default Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

How does he fair against the top echelon Irishman
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 773
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Gene couldn't win a fight against Wlad, Quarry as well, ****ey has a punchers chance but i dont see it happeneing
Theron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 287
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Ali is the only irishman i would pick over Wlad, Cú Chulainn would **** him up with ease also.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

I see Wlad beating Tunney and Quarry with ease, and see ****ey giving him some trouble but ultimately being stopped.

****ey has the best chance because he had such a brutally powerful left hook, and he knew how to land it with authority. If ****ey should land his left hook with full force, I think he'd actually have a very good chance at knocking Wlad out in similar fashion as Corrie Sanders.

That scenario would likely only happen like 2 or 3 out of 10 times, but it is still possible. It's much more likely that Wlad comes out and assumes control of Gerry with his jab and eventually grinds him down. It would be interesting seeing Wlad face such a hard punching foe that's taller than he is, though.

Last edited by Bill1234; 01-18-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
TheSouthpaw
Champion
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

He blasts Tunney and Quarry's asses..dont see these two guys really makin past the 6th..****ey would probably force a 12 rounder but see him losing a one sided decision.
TheSouthpaw is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
OvidsExile
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Gene Tunney was a light heavyweight 175 pounds. Quarry was what 201 pounds? Wladimir is 245 pounds. He'd knock both out easy. Gerry ****ey has a punchers chance, but he isn't as skilled as Wlad.
OvidsExile is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
Vladimir23
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Wlad would destroy Tunney, Quarry and ****ey on the same night.
Vladimir23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #8
Rajon Rondo
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir23 View Post
Wlad would destroy Tunney, Quarry and ****ey on the same night.
Yeah, because you aren't biased at all right?

He could do it blindfolded with one arm tied behind his back too while standing on one leg tippy toes
Rajon Rondo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

If Sultan Ibragimov was clever enough to survive with Wlad, then Tunney would have accomplished the trick also...and maybe made it very very close...despite the size disavantages he would have. Quarry would perform vaiantly and would have had no fear of Wlad at all...before losing on a bloody tko. ****ey's power would pose a huge threat to Wlad...but he woulod be the most fragile of the three. Wlad would take no chances with him and blast him out like Foreman and Spinks did.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,322
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

How come so many Americans are called "Irishmen" but I never see Americans refering to themselves as "English" ?
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
Ali is the only irishman i would pick over Wlad, Cú Chulainn would **** him up with ease also.


That's a fact.

I'd kick the livin' **** outta the big Uke !
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
HOUDINI
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Tunney was very quick, very elusive and he could bang with his right and had one of boxings all time jabs. Add to this that aside from Ali (perhaps including Ali) Tunney was the greatest boxer ever to hold the title. Size mean very little when the skill set is so heavy leaning toward Tunney. Tunney beats Wlad via late round stoppage. Gene see's every shot Wlad throws. Wlad beat Quarry on cuts and Kos the equally overrated ****ey.
HOUDINI is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #13
Baclava
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
How does he fair against the top echelon Irishman
None of these guys have a chance against Wladimir Klitschko. Gene Tunney is a brilliant boxer and one of the most skillful fighters I ever saw, but Tunney was around 180 pounds. Now imagine the best light heavyweight in the world against Wlad Klitschko.
Quarry is good, but I cannot see him beat Wlad at all.
Baclava is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,011
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
If Sultan Ibragimov was clever enough to survive with Wlad, then Tunney would have accomplished the trick also...and maybe made it very very close...despite the size disavantages he would have. Quarry would perform vaiantly and would have had no fear of Wlad at all...before losing on a bloody tko. ****ey's power would pose a huge threat to Wlad...but he woulod be the most fragile of the three. Wlad would take no chances with him and blast him out like Foreman and Spinks did.
good post
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,011
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wlad vs Gene Tunney, Jerry Quarry and Geneleman Gerry ****ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
I see Wlad beating Tunney and Quarry with ease, and see ****ey giving him some trouble but ultimately being stopped.

****ey has the best chance because he had such a brutally powerful left hook, and he knew how to land it with authority. If ****ey should land his left hook with full force, I think he'd actually have a very good chance at knocking Wlad out in similar fashion as Corrie Sanders.

That scenario would likely only happen like 2 or 3 out of 10 times, but it is still possible. It's much more likely that Wlad comes out and assumes control of Gerry with his jab and eventually grinds him down. It would be interesting seeing Wlad face such a hard punching foe that's taller than he is, though.
interesting IMO (pre-Holmes minus the 2-year layoff )****ey may have been able to pull it off vs the cold and overconfident Vlad that fought Sanders but I think the present version play it very safe and waits until the fragile ****ey is ripe for the pick
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015