Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #166
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I do understand, and your just proving my point.

As for the difference in opposition between The UFC MW division and Pride HW division... Look, you can't sit here and hold it against Anderson Silva for not having Big Nog, CC, and Mark Coleman in his division... For these men are not the same size, that's weak dude.

W-e-a-k.

Winning is all that is asked of a competitor, and both men have done just that. They won big, and they remain undefeated for a very long time. The difference is these HWs weren't successful in The UFC. These are the same men we're talking here, are they not?

CC: 4-7

Big Nog: 6-3

Mark Coleman: 1-2

Here are some records of other Pride Fighters....

Rampage Jackson: 8-4

Wanderlei Silva: 4-5

Shogun Rua: 5-5

Dan Henderson: 4-2

Dan Henderson, a much smaller and older man than Fedor, was punching him out two years ago. The same Hendo that submitted to Anderson Silva, and there is just no way around that.

All records listed are post Pride era, don't get it twisted. But, with all this before you it should be clear that Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson are the only Pride Fighters to stand the test of time. I'm sorry, but Fedor is not one of them. If we're going to talk longevity, context, know that The Spider has more wins on the World Stage, more wins during his run than Fedor did. As Anderson Silva continues to fight it will be clear that he is a Greater Mixed Martial Artist.
Do you actually realize that all what you wrote doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote ?

And if you want to compare the like of Okami, Leben, Leites, Cote, Maia etc. to Coleman, Randleman, Schilt, Hearring etc. then I have to admit that this discussion is pretty much over...it's obvious you didn't get the point....

What a waste of time, it's exactly like talking to a freaking wall....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #167
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Yeah, Hendo the MUCH smaller guy....by 2 ****in inch tops and 16 ****in pounds





Who is really trying to make excuse for who here ??

I can guarantee it's not me !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #168
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #169
Scorpion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 75
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

relax people, he's from texas....
Scorpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #170
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:59 AM   #171
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: France
Posts: 2,210
vCash: 277
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I do understand, and your just proving my point.

As for the difference in opposition between The UFC MW division and Pride HW division... Look, you can't sit here and hold it against Anderson Silva for not having Big Nog, CC, and Mark Coleman in his division... For these men are not the same size, that's weak dude.

W-e-a-k.

Winning is all that is asked of a competitor, and both men have done just that. They won big, and they remain undefeated for a very long time. The difference is these HWs weren't successful in The UFC. These are the same men we're talking here, are they not?

CC: 4-7

Big Nog: 6-3

Mark Coleman: 1-2

Here are some records of other Pride Fighters....

Rampage Jackson: 8-4

Wanderlei Silva: 4-5

Shogun Rua: 5-5

Dan Henderson: 4-2

Dan Henderson, a much smaller and older man than Fedor, was punching him out two years ago. The same Hendo that submitted to Anderson Silva, and there is just no way around that.

All records listed are post Pride era, don't get it twisted. But, with all this before you it should be clear that Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson are the only Pride Fighters to stand the test of time. I'm sorry, but Fedor is not one of them. If we're going to talk longevity, context, know that The Spider has more wins on the World Stage, more wins during his run than Fedor did. As Anderson Silva continues to fight it will be clear that he is a Greater Mixed Martial Artist.
Didnt Coalman win 2 UFC tournaments?


Ah shit, nevermind, you are talking about fights they had when they were old
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #172
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

This discussion is over, Ne5. Your taking this way too personal and not even reading my response. If you don't understand reread before you post again. I covered everything guy.

Oh, btw... Hendo as an excuse for what? I'm not the one making excuses here, we know what happened when the two fought Hendo.

Same for the Aoki fanatic, early UFC is irrelevant when it comes to what him and I are talking here.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #173
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
This discussion is over, Ne5. Your taking this way too personal and not even reading my response. If you don't understand reread before you post again. I covered everything guy.

Oh, btw... Hendo as an excuse for what? I'm not the one making excuses here, we know what happened when the two fought Hendo.

Same for the Aoki fanatic, early UFC is irrelevant when it comes to what him and I are talking here.


Yes because when I'm talking about the difference between the quality of opposition between the UFC MW division and the PRIDE FC HW division you go on a rant about how the PRIDE FC era fighter never have been successfull in the UFC you did indeed covered the real depth of talent the UFC MW division has by talking about Coleman, Rampage and company right ?


Hendo doesn't have an excuse for anything. You are making excuse and keep going into straw man argument for nothing. I don't take it personal you do. I'm not the fan boy here cherry picking everything. Fedor has a better resume then AS deal with it FFS.

EDIT: Or are you really serious into thinking that I wanted AS to fight the like of Coleman etc. and didn't actually get my point, wich was the UFC MW division is simply....weak ? No exceptional fighter in it. Cmon, he fought Sonnen twice....says it all !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #174
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

After all this time you don't understand what a resume truly is...

There isn't 3 stoppage losses and 3 cans atop of Anderson Silva's resume, only top Contenders. Now really, who keeps making excuses here? This whole week, who ignores the big picture and goes so far back to the Pride era to make a case? Who is cherry picking from fight records and ignoring bouts against other Great fighters in Hendo?

Like I said, your taking us in one big circle. Winning is all that is asked of a competitor, we can't hold it against Anderson Silva for beating the Best MWs in the World . It's the same thing Fedor did, for some time, beat the Best in the World. The Flyweights have a weak division, not our MW roster which is stacked full of Contenders . Besides, it's not like he is fighting the same MWs or run out of new men to fight in this division. Your argument is flawed.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #175
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
After all this time you don't understand what a resume truly is...

There isn't 3 stoppage losses and 3 cans atop of Anderson Silva's resume, only top Contenders. Now really, who keeps making excuses here? This whole week, who ignores the big picture and goes so far back to the Pride era to make a case? Who is cherry picking from fight records and ignoring bouts against other Great fighters in Hendo?

Like I said, your taking us in one big circle. Winning is all that is asked of a competitor, we can't hold it against Anderson Silva for beating the Best MWs in the World . It's the same thing Fedor did, for some time, beat the Best in the World. The Flyweights have a weak division, not our MW roster which is stacked full of Contenders. Besides, it's not like he is fighting the same MWs or run out of new men to fight in this division. Your argument is flawed.
Just to make sure your own argument is clear to you.

W Klitchko has a better resume then Ali because Ali retired and lost 3 of his last 4 fight...therefore Klitchsko is higher in the ATG rating then Ali....

Yeah you are right.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #176
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Just to make sure your own argument is clear to you.

W Klitchko has a better resume then Ali because Ali retired and lost 3 of his last 4 fight...therefore Klitchsko is higher in the ATG rating then Ali....

Yeah you are right.
Putting words in my mouth.

We're talking Fedor and Anderson Silva here, why can't you stay on topic or go collect yourself when you have no real response?
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #177
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Putting words in my mouth.
I'm not putting word into your mouth.

This is what you said, because he lost late in his career and he fought 3 cans we should forget everything Fedor has done in the past.

We can't talk about his earlier career, can't say he fought and beat at least 5 UFC champion, dominated better opposition during his reign then Silva.

This is the whole issue man, I'm not denying Silva success, I'm just saying Fedor fought better opposition.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #178
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Putting words in my mouth.

We're talking Fedor and Anderson Silva here, why can't you stay on topic or go collect yourself when you have no real response?
Yes, in a thread asking if GSP is the second greatest MMA fighter ever...

This is getting ridiculous....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #179
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #180
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: GSP: Is he the second greatest MMA fight ever?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013