Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #16
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146
Default Re: There is no way they should be putting Jayson Velez in with PDL yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSK View Post
Hello Bronx my friend. I agree cottos too small that's why I would like to see him go back to 145 where he belongs. I have cotto at #2 all time at 145
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124
Default Re: There is no way they should be putting Jayson Velez in with PDL yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSK View Post
Hello Bronx my friend. I agree cottos too small that's why I would like to see him go back to 145 where he belongs. I have cotto at #2 all time at 145

you still want to make this fight GSTK !!

now that Pacquiao is making Ambien commercials???
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

unbeleivable

they have it tentaively scheduled for 3/3/2012

Way too early for the KID......we need to treat our boxers like the Mexicans have treated Mikey Garcia and Canelo Alvarez!!! Bring them up a little slower.

Look:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #19
clutch94
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Bro. Cotto took a huge slick southpaw with speed and pop to a damn near draw. Trout didnt win by more than 1-2 rounds.

Cotto would still school canelo.
clutch94 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch94 View Post
Bro. Cotto took a huge slick southpaw with speed and pop to a damn near draw. Trout didnt win by more than 1-2 rounds.

Cotto would still school canelo.
I don't think so Cotto looked gun shy to me in that fight and Canelo hits way harder than Trout

it was like more like 8-4 or 7-5 and I am a huge Cotto fight
bronx is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
#1Rounder
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdb26 View Post
Yeah, because the first fight was so close.
That fight was all about who landed the big punch first.
#1Rounder is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I agree that Velez is probably getting rushed a bit here. I saw Velez beat Sanchez and he looked good, although Sanchez is nothing special, but DeLeon is a tough and very experienced veteran. He's been fighting top guys for years now. A lot of credit to Velez though and if he wins it would be big win for him.
BOGART is online now  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #23
clutch94
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx View Post
I don't think so Cotto looked gun shy to me in that fight and Canelo hits way harder than Trout

it was like more like 8-4 or 7-5 and I am a huge Cotto fight
Gunshy? No. Not jabbing nearly enough and relying on head movement and prettyboy cuban amateur style to get on the inside? Yes.

He did the same thing in the Floyd fight.

He didnt jab with trout nearly enough and let trouts jab constantly make him reset.

Canelo is a 5'8 stagnant brawler who can put combinations well. Thats about it. He doesnt have 1/5th the skill of trout. The guy was gettin outworked by alfonso freakin gomez.

If matthew hatton can last 12. People who say cotto will be stopped are ridiculous imo. The only shot canelo has at beating cotto is getting those vicious hooks to the body.

Alas cotto is too fleet-footed and defensively conscious nowadays. He will prettyboyswag his way to a Álear UD.

Cotto is not josesito lopez, or matthew hatton, or ryan rhodes, or alfonso gomez, or shane oldsley. Or Baldomir. Or 140lb ancient lovemore n'dou. Or his brother. Stop drinking the kool-aid.

Canelo is 100% Grade A bum.
clutch94 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #24
Brownies
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ponce de Leon is much smaller than Velez, but he's got that great habit of backing up and switching directions in small steps, that forces his opponents to follow and lunge in, thus neclecting their advantages in height. He's a southpaw with good power, with more experience and who's fought better opponents. Ponce de Leon should be favorited.
Brownies is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #25
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

They are going to be fighting at The Apollo....thats kind of cool right?

thinking about going but then again I think PDL is going to win and I dont want to see another your Boricua get beat up live I just saw Rosado and Cotto get lumped up live not interesdted in any of that shit there

Plus my lovely Biotch is going to take me to see B-Hops last hurahh a week later

and the Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah tickets are just collecting dust right about now which sucks donkey ballls ****ing Danny better not loose

At least I still have Verdejo (Mi hijo!)

Should I go anyway??
bronx is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum