Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
guilalah
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Primes,, Dempsey vs. Johnson: How would you advise each boxer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Based on how both guys avoided the best out there while champion, this would be a very hard fight to make!

Dempsey - Johnson will be looking to jab, wrestle and grab his way to win on points. Do not fall into this trap. Move and give him angles, forcing him to move his sometimes stationary feet, then engage.

If Johnson tries to hug you, or foul you, respond with kidney shots. On the inside watch out for the right uppercut. Since Johnson was KOd by a super middle, and floored by others who do not hit nearly as hard as you, once you land a good one, the fight should end. Johnson has a low guard, and low punch out- put, meaning he wont be prepared for your power and speed on the outside. Remember to throw more punches, but save something for the later rounds too. Johnson is not likely to outwork you.

Johnson - Have an excuse built in leading up to the fight, so this way your fans with rose colored glasses will believe you were not at your best. Just a bit of sarcasm. : ) Play defense early on, and pick the tempo up late. Dempsey's power and speed is very dangerous early, but Dempsey could not keep up his whirlwind pace in the mid to late rounds. Keep your right hand high to block the hook. Try to bait Dempsey to over commit and counter when he misses.

Prediction, Dempsey via KO in 8. Defensive minded counter punchers with average power, and a lower punch out put seldom beat harder hitting / swarming attacking types.

Thank you, Mendoza.
guilalah is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
guilalah
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I supose one question is whether you have Dempsey try for an early stoppage, or focus first on beating Johnson up. I might try to catch lightning in the first round, before Johnson had seen much of Dempsey's stuff. But if I didn't see anything encouraging, I'd switch Dempsey pretty early to making a pressure fight, hurting what ever he's able to hit.

Also, I don't think the stamina difference between Dempsey and Johnson is as great as some make out.

[EDIT] I'd look to get Dempsey throwing some heart punches.
guilalah is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilalah View Post
Thank you, Mendoza.

Lets look at this . Johnson was kod by a super middle, Choynski named by Jeffries, Sharkey, Corbett, Fizsimmons and Johnson, as the hardest hitter they faced,whilst he was not only a comparative novice, he was near Choynski's ,weight himself.

Johnson was not kod again for nearly 15 years.

Dempsey was dropped 9 times by Johnny Sudenberg in 1915 5-7-9 ,7 years later, in 1922, Sudenberg was still inside the middle weight limit.
See how easy it is to spin ?

The idea that as soon as Dempsey lands it's all over is the ridiculous premise of a moron. Dempsey Gibbons?

Last edited by mcvey; 01-19-2013 at 07:12 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum