Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #31
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Haye vs Prime Morrison?

Fury would get CLOWNED by TM. Tommy would be up for manslaughter if they ever met.
Nipple is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #32
PUG
Everyday Is LIke Sunday
ESB Jr Member

I cannot believe this terrible thread has reached THREE pages.

I thought posting the Bentt win over Morrison would kill it immediately.

I blame that buffoon PK
PUG is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #33
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Morrison hurt Lewis, he hurt Mercer, he survived Foreman. Haye might win, but to say Morrison has no chance is ridiculous, he would be a very real threat.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #34
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

To be honest, it's a question of who hits who on the chin first.

I think Haye is the more durable of the two, though I think Morrison can certainly one-shot him, the reverse is certainly true also.

As has been mentioned, Morrison performed better against the more ponderous/cumbersome HW's of his era, and his win list isn't particularly impressive.

Blasted inside a round by Bentt, albeit in a fight that he ought to have won inside the first round if he'd actually had an ounce of ring IQ.... and later executed by Lewis in a pretty brutal hiding.

Given that Haye is pretty fleet of foot and has fast hands, I'd wager that David lands first, puts Tommy down.

Much like Bruno, once Morrison was hit, he stayed hit.... David's sloppy finishing wouldn't really be an issue here.

I'd say Haye TKO2, pretty tenatively mind.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #35
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Give Morrison a punchers chance because Haye's chin wouldn't take his left hook money shot.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUG View Post
If you're going to be so vociferous in your support of a fighter at least get the facts right.

Morrison never fought Bowe, let along 'beat' him.
"Razor Ruddock"......i got them mixed up, you would see this if you read my other posts! I posted Razor Ruddock.

Stop quoting me, you No Mark.

Go and join Cheek Hook Boxing.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Who would you pick to win and how? Wouldn't go six rounds, imo.
1. You have to look at it from a resume point of view-

2. What would happen if Morrison had Hayes fights and Haye had Morrison fights-

3. Then a head to head based on style-

1. Resume wise-

Haye has Mormeck, Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora

Losses to C. Thomspon, W. Klitschko

Morrison has P. Thomas, J. Tillis, C. Williams, George Foreman, D. Ruddock.

Draw against Puritty, Lost to Mercer, Bentt, L. Lewis

Resume wise its pretty even, Haye possibly edges it due to being a two weight champ (despite WBA being a paper belt at the time) Morrison has a bad loss to Bent, and a draw with Puritty. Overall Tommy mixed it with higher competition.

2. If Haye went through Morrison run of fights youd have to expect him to come unstuck after knocking out all the low level journeyman when he comes up against a Tillis or P. Thomas....i predict the Thomas fight. As we all know Haye was very gung ho, its only after his first loss he became slightly more wary.

Then another series of low journeyman then faces R. Mercer for the WBO, I believe Mercer wins this but late on, possibly stopping a pot shotting Haye in the 9th or 10th round.

Then Haye will go on another series of fight that Tommy had, and i belive would smash C. Williams early, out box G. Foreman on points beat Bentt, another series of fights then lose to both Lewis and Rud****.

Ending with a 48-4 record where in reality Morisson ended with a 48-3-1 record-

If Tommy went through Haye competiton I believe he run through everyone, including C. Thompson, Mormeck etc and possibly coming unstuck against a Barret type....a gung ho Morrison getting caught early. Then goes onto beat Valuev, Ruiz, Harrison getting outboxed against Wlad but giving Wlad a better fight, then beating Chisora-

Again Morrison ending with the same record as Haye 26-2

So of who they faced, again its pretty tight, Morrison I feel beats the better comp overall either way but you have to factor he would lose to a low level guy like he did with Bentt due him being to aggresive.

Head to head, both at there best, I believe Morrison catches Haye late on or if they fought 10 times Morrison wins it 6 to 4-
Ireland is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
1. You have to look at it from a resume point of view-

2. What would happen if Morrison had Hayes fights and Haye had Morrison fights-

3. Then a head to head based on style-

1. Resume wise-

Haye has Mormeck, Valuev, Ruiz, Chisora

Losses to C. Thomspon, W. Klitschko

Morrison has P. Thomas, J. Tillis, C. Williams, George Foreman, D. Ruddock.

Draw against Puritty, Lost to Mercer, Bentt, L. Lewis

Resume wise its pretty even, Haye possibly edges it due to being a two weight champ (despite WBA being a paper belt at the time) Morrison has a bad loss to Bent, and a draw with Puritty. Overall Tommy mixed it with higher competition.

2. If Haye went through Morrison run of fights youd have to expect him to come unstuck after knocking out all the low level journeyman when he comes up against a Tillis or P. Thomas....i predict the Thomas fight. As we all know Haye was very gung ho, its only after his first loss he became slightly more wary.

Then another series of low journeyman then faces R. Mercer for the WBO, I believe Mercer wins this but late on, possibly stopping a pot shotting Haye in the 9th or 10th round.

Then Haye will go on another series of fight that Tommy had, and i belive would smash C. Williams early, out box G. Foreman on points beat Bentt, another series of fights then lose to both Lewis and Rud****.

Ending with a 48-4 record where in reality Morisson ended with a 48-3-1 record-

If Tommy went through Haye competiton I believe he run through everyone, including C. Thompson, Mormeck etc and possibly coming unstuck against a Barret type....a gung ho Morrison getting caught early. Then goes onto beat Valuev, Ruiz, Harrison getting outboxed against Wlad but giving Wlad a better fight, then beating Chisora-

Again Morrison ending with the same record as Haye 26-2

So of who they faced, again its pretty tight, Morrison I feel beats the better comp overall either way but you have to factor he would lose to a low level guy like he did with Bentt due him being to aggresive.

Head to head, both at there best, I believe Morrison catches Haye late on or if they fought 10 times Morrison wins it 6 to 4-
Morrison would only be beaten by Wladimir Kiltschko.

Haye vs Morrison would be one of the most exciting fights of the 90's, i think it would last 5 rounds tops! Both guys being hurt.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
PUG
Everyday Is LIke Sunday
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
"Razor Ruddock"......i got them mixed up, you would see this if you read my other posts! I posted Razor Ruddock
Indeed you did evoke Ruddock earlier in the thread, so I find it quite bizarre that you should make such an embarrassing error later in the thread. So in order to check the accuracy of any future posts you make we are required to refer to previous posts?

No, as I said before "get your facts right" before posting.

Have you figured out how to post YouTube links yet (that white square did little to enhance your zealot like support of Morrison)

LOOK I can do it and I'm a "no mark" puportedly.

BORKED

Quote:
Stop quoting me, you No Mark
I will quote whoever and whatever I wish, including you.

Quote:
Go and join Cheek Hook Boxing.
From the little I've seen of that place it would be better suited to a 'character' like you.

Who knows, they may even let you start threads? (something you can't do here I believe, I wonder why?)
PUG is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum