Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Thumbs down Chad Dawson is making a big mistake...again!

Chad Dawson has dropped John Scully to go back to Eddie Mustafa Muhammed.

Now I'm going to be honest from the off here.I was a big fan of Scully before I became a fan of Chad,but going back with Ice was a big reason I became a fan.
Even when I didn't like Dawson,his ability was never in question for me,only his attitude and moral fibre.
Apparently he didn't even tell John to his face,just like he did with Manny.Now if he can learn nothing from John,why did he go back? It certainly wasn't John's fault that he lost to Ward,and Ice's work in the corner that night was utterly refreshing.How often do you hear a trainer telling his guy as early as the ninth that he needs to forget about points and go for the KO?

He's had a few cheap shots at Ice too,but that shouldn't really surprise anyone and he hasn't even spoke to him since the Ward fight.
Chad has had too many good trainers now for it to be their fault that it doesn't work out,and I was vehemently defending him on this very forum last week.
Now this is only my opinion,and I've made it clear I'm a fan of Ice,but my recent conversion to being a fan of Chad might just go the other way again(not that Chad will be too bothered,I'm sure)

What do you guys think?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1170
Default Re: Chad Dawson is making a big mistake...again!

Some have pointed out that Mustafa is much better suited for him but i myself have nothing to say on that.
All i have to say is that switching trainers again before an important fight is not that great of an idea.
In his last 5 fights he has had 3 different trainers if i am correct.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post
Some have pointed out that Mustafa is much better suited for him but i myself have nothing to say on that.
All i have to say is that switching trainers again before an important fight is not that great of an idea.
In his last 5 fights he has had 3 different trainers if i am correct.
There's definitely a questionable attitude there.
Let's just say he felt John was wrong.Why go back for perhaps his most famous win,and couldn't he at least tell him face to face?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I hope Chad gets KO'd and quits. I used to be a big fan, he had it all going for him after the Adamek fight. I thought he had character and a champions heart but he doesn't, he's mentally weak, unintelligent and blames others for everything that goes wrong. His ego tells him that he has to keep changing trainers, he seems to forget that he's the one doing the fighting. He's a confused, inconsistent fighter and he's dishonest with everyone including himself.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

The problem is Chad no one else.

Mayweather Sr told everyone time ago but because of who he is (a Mayweather) no one wanted to listen.

The boy is talented however he IS mentally weak and un-dedicated and whenever things don't go his way he will ALWAYS fold and will ALWAYS have an excuse.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dawson should go up to CW if he loses the fight against Pascal it would be interesting to see how he does there
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
The problem is Chad no one else.

Mayweather Sr told everyone time ago but because of who he is (a Mayweather) no one wanted to listen.

The boy is talented however he IS mentally weak and un-dedicated and whenever things don't go his way he will ALWAYS fold and will ALWAYS have an excuse.
I wanted to believe that it wasn't true but you're spot on Emeritus.
I thought going back to Ice was a sign that he had sorted his head out,but he really is lacking in moral fortitude.
I'd like to hear what big Floyd has to say now.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
pijo
Feed the Pope
ESB Addict

vCash: 106

Yeah, I read this in Boxing News this week. He sounds like a prick tbh. It seems like he can't take accept that he is to blame and he has to put it on somebody else. I think he needs to grow up. Scully was also saying he doesn't like to try new ideas, has to be his way.
pijo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think Eddie Mustafa Muhammad had him in superior shape.

I like Iceman Scully, but I'm probably going to say Eddie Mustafa is a better trainer looking in from the outside.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

At this stage of his career, he can afford to take as many risks as possible. It can't get any worse than it is now so he might as well give others a shot.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
I think Eddie Mustafa Muhammad had him in superior shape.

I like Iceman Scully, but I'm probably going to say Eddie Mustafa is a better trainer looking in from the outside.
If you mean the Ward fight Magic,I don't think that was ever going to work at 168,whoever was training him.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I wanted to believe that it wasn't true but you're spot on Emeritus.
I thought going back to Ice was a sign that he had sorted his head out,but he really is lacking in moral fortitude.
I'd like to hear what big Floyd has to say now.
He has had 10 trainers in 10 years. Something is definitely wrong with him.

He will NEVER reach his potential, a champion has to be able to buckle down when the going gets tough, he doesn't have it, he caves EVERY time.

I don't enjoy criticising fighters, I normally have alot of respect but Chad is just well a disapointment I remember when he was being hyped as the next big thing and I saw him and thought dude has it all!

Mayweather will just chew him out and talk about how Dirrell was beating the s.hit out of him and he was advising him to move his head and instead of taking his advice he kept on complaining about being told what to do and nearly got knocked out!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
If you mean the Ward fight Magic,I don't think that was ever going to work at 168,whoever was training him.
Yeah PTF, that might be true.

I do however think that Chad Dawson has looked his best under Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #14
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
He has had 10 trainers in 10 years. Something is definitely wrong with him.

He will NEVER reach his potential, a champion has to be able to buckle down when the going gets tough, he doesn't have it, he caves EVERY time.

I don't enjoy criticising fighters, I normally have alot of respect but Chad is just well a disapointment I remember when he was being hyped as the next big thing and I saw him and thought dude has it all!

Mayweather will just chew him out and talk about how Dirrell was beating the s.hit out of him and he was advising him to move his head and instead of taking his advice he kept on complaining about being told what to do and nearly got knocked out!

The one good thing for Ice is that he said he always knew it might happen and the first loss would see him thrown under a bus.
Still a real shitehouse move in my book,and I'm not just saying that because it's Ice.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #15
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Yeah PTF, that might be true.

I do however think that Chad Dawson has looked his best under Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.
I can go and look if need be,but how did he handle leaving Eddie the first time?
Did he do it the right way or the usual way?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum