Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #46
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: What is Steve Collins Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post
Calling out a shot Roy Jones Junior and moaning that they didnt fight. Why would Roy Jones be scared of Steve Collins?

What will beating him at this point prove anyway?

Hill,Hopkins,Toney,Grifffin on his resume yet hes scared of Steve Collins? Give me a break! Oh and Reggie Johnson (Who beat Collins) aswell. Steve Collins is a bitter man and he should shut up and leave the legend that is Roy Jones Jrs name out of his mouth.

All those wins you mention we're when Roy Jones was a drugs cheat lets not forget.

When I get your mum sat on my face this is what she's gonna get

The fat mess!!!
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #47
PUG
Everyday Is LIke Sunday
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
So...what part of that doesn't agree with what I said? Since I said the fight didn't happen because nobody in America cared about Collins and Jones could ignore him due to lack of public and network interest.
I don't disagree with any aspect of your post, I was merely endorsing it.

Are you not allowed to agree with someone on ESB?

(I'm new here)
PUG is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #48
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Are they fighting or what..?
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #49
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Collins had hard fights that he lost on points. He came to the ROI\UK and his style, boxing skill, stamina, chin and relentlessness were enough to beat Benn\Eubank twice and defend against a few other challengers who were pretty decent Middleweight\Supermiddleweight operators in UK\Europe.
Most famous for the man who beat Eubank first. He lost those three fights learning the trade.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #50
kirky c
white mike
ESB Jr Member

roy jones like naz looked amazing against fighters that were in ore of him and intimidated. Collins or benn would have put it on him with no fear. not saying either would of beat him for me it's pick em fights but to say it wouldn't be competitive is bullshit, ask tarver.
kirky c is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #51
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post
Whats bitter about my thread? Just sick of Steve Collins talking shit
Your attitude! Let him have his fight, if you dont like it then dont watch it! Nobody's forcing you to pay any attention to it you clown.
McGuinty is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #52
PUG
Everyday Is LIke Sunday
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndisputedUK View Post
Collins had hard fights that he lost on points. He came to the ROI\UK and his style, boxing skill, stamina, chin and relentlessness were enough to beat Benn\Eubank twice and defend against a few other challengers who were pretty decent Middleweight\Supermiddleweight operators in UK\Europe.
Most famous for the man who beat Eubank first. He lost those three fights learning the trade.
Eubank was burnt out, Benn was shot (McClellan fight ruined him) Carr/Brown were Middleweights (Collins was SUPERmiddle champ when he fought them) Seillier and Cummings were third tier. He then retired rather than fight Calzaghe.

He was a mediocrity like so many Barry Hearn & the WBO made 'champion' in the 90's

Jones would have embarrassed him, peak Eubank & Benn would have beaten him, as would Barkley, Nunn, McClellan, Toney.
PUG is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #53
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
Nobody wins.
If Collins fights Jones the big loser will be boxing.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #54
Jun Fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUG View Post
Eubank was burnt out, Benn was shot (McClellan fight ruined him) Carr/Brown were Middleweights (Collins was SUPERmiddle champ when he fought them) Seillier and Cummings were third tier. He then retired rather than fight Calzaghe.

He was a mediocrity like so many Barry Hearn & the WBO made 'champion' in the 90's

Jones would have embarrassed him, peak Eubank & Benn would have beaten him, as would Barkley, Nunn, McClellan, Toney.
Eubank and Benn, both got beaten twice each, by Collins, they were so overrated (mainly in England) that it's laughable. I love the excuse that they were both shot because neither of them could beat him, and he was a pretty basic brawler. The Jones/Collins, Jones/Calzaghe etc fights should have happened back in the 90's, it'll prove **** all now.

Jones was the boss in his day, though he was juicing like ****, throughout his prime, without cheating, how good would he even have been then?...he could have been getting KO'd all the time, even back then.
Jun Fan is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #55
leedsnproud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUG View Post

Thus says another fool who knows nothing about boxing. Get back on the toilet,stupid person.
leedsnproud is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #56
PEG
Possibly DFTaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedsnproud View Post
Thus says another fool who knows nothing about boxing. Get back on the toilet,stupid person.
PEG is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #57
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Personally would love to see this, something fascinating about the old pikey coming out of being retired for so long, and taking a crack at the most denuded chin in boxing today. Like waiting for a train crash to happen in slow motion.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #58
Cheesey1
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
Is it Adrien Broner?
Ha!
Cheesey1 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #59
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

Put yourself in the mans shoes before you pass judgement eh lads.
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #60
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
To be fair, Collins was calling out a Prime Jones back in the 1990's as well. Jones ignored him, acted as if he didn't exist and wasn't chasing him and calling him out at almost every opportunity, and Jones got away with it because Collins wasn't a household name or a big draw in the US and the American public weren't clammering for the fight so Collins wasn't an opponent he had to face to save face nor was it a fight that would generate mega-bucks - in fact, the American networks ignored Collins as well and were saying that nobody wanted to fight Jones so he had to move up a division.

Collins wanted a fight with Prime Jones and never got it, Collins chased Jones for years only to get the cold shoulder. It was a fight he desperately wanted that he never got because Jones and the American networks just ignored him. It's unfinished business in his book so of course he'd go on about it.

Course the money helps as well.

And as for him calling out a shot Roy Jones, well, I think that's perfectly fine considering Collins himself hasn't been in a pro-fight since 1997 so he's shot as well.
yup, I listened to a Collins interview recently where he said he actually went into the ring to challenge him, & RJJ ignored him like he didnt exist. Steve was a fine fighter & a loveable guy but ultimately a nearly man & should be grateful RJJ didnt take him up on his offer, cos RJJ would have beaten him handily, just like he did to everyone else at the time.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum