Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Thumbs up Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi III: The Final Chapter

Afternoon lads,

Not seen much talk on this fight, It's been made for Saturday 2nd March in Germany as always for a Huck contest.

Ola's changed a few things up in training, He started camp at 221lbs and within two weeks is 212lbs. He's training up at big bear along with Tony Harrison and others. He's under the charge of Abel Sanchez for this one.

He seems to be working hard, living right and training at 9,000 feet so he's in shape faster and will have the tank ready for another war.

Huck is coming off a string of hard wars, wars that take miles of the clock and there's not been much gap between them. Will another war with Ola be a step to far?.

Ola felt he lost to Arslan, Felt Arslan won by a large margin.

How do you see a fight installment going?. What does Ola need to do differently?.

I think this fights his for the taking, I felt he stepped off the gas at wrong time against Huck last time out.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122
Default Re: Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi III: The Final Chapter

Great news this has been made, if its half as good as their 2nd fight we're in for a treat.

It will be very competitive again, as talented as Ola is he's never been as hungry or driven as Huck. However, Huck looked really jaded & underperformed vs Arslan after being in 2 wars last year. If he can get really motivated for Ola III then I reckon he'll be able to dog it out & find a way to win.

Ola needs to pace himself better to beat Huck & improve his stamina, I'm not convinced training at altitude is beneficial. He can box rings around Huck but can he sustain the effort needed to contain the crazy caveman for 12 rounds?

Huck had him badly hurt last time around but couldnt finish the job, if he has early success then stopping Ola isnt an impossibility. I favour Huck on points in a close fight. Ola is perfectly capable of outboxing him compehensively but will he get jobbed by the judges? Its a fascinating fight, another draw wouldnt surprise me at all.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Thought Ola done enough last time out to nick it on points, im not sure he can do too much more to make it more comprehensive, Huck is one difficult guy to outpoint full stop let alone in Germany. Huck probably gets another arguable decision.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

I shouldnt be so underwhelmed but it just feels as if it doesnt matter how hard Ola will punch Huck or how many times he connects and makes Huck look like a mug, he will still get jobbed.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Fantastic exciting fight. Last time I think it was close and a draw was a fair result. Ola just needs to pace himself outbox him and don't get dragged into a war cause Huck can pinch roads with his last 30 seconds of round.
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
AndyPaterson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 625

the 12th round was my round of the year
AndyPaterson is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Always a war! Afolabi-Huck2; I had 115-113 to Ola!
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

This will be another great fight, I fancy Huck to pull it off again this time, maybe even stop Ola!
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

I fancy Afolabi this time round. He's been desperately unlucky in both the previous two fights and Huck has looked out of sorts recently. Maybe he's starting to slide?

Unless Huck gets gifted another appalling robbery decision I can see Ola taking it on points. Surely he has to be more motivated than ever going into this?

Should be another fantastic fight between these two.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

He's working on Technique with Abel, It's not currently on boxrec but Ola is training for it and i've seen a article with date and venue.

I think Ola let the fight slip, He stopped using the jab that bewildered Huck last time out. I think Huck's still dangerous and did well to get into fight, I think the 2nd Round KD would of won Ola the fight.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Del Boy
R.I.P Darren Sutherland
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Can't wait for this fight, if Ola comes in prepared for a 12 round fight he wins this one easy, even in Germany
Del Boy is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
He's working on Technique with Abel, It's not currently on boxrec but Ola is training for it and i've seen a article with date and venue.

I think Ola let the fight slip, He stopped using the jab that bewildered Huck last time out. I think Huck's still dangerous and did well to get into fight, I think the 2nd Round KD would of won Ola the fight.
He won the first 5 rounds & then went into cruise control & just stopped being competitive. I dunno if thats a lack of fitness or a bit of sparring partner mentality.

Deep down not everyone wants to be star, even at the top levels of every sport. There are guys who are happy to live a great life without the extra burden & pressure of fame, I think Ola's one of them.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I think it's mentality Mo, He's a chilled guy. He's come from the dirt, Homeless at 16. His story is amazing in itself.

He's a warrior but just is happy to eat well, he's sparred likes of James Toney and gained there respect. He's talented, tough and a warrior but has to prove he can step to that next level.

I agree he won first 5 on my card as well, then just let it slide away. But i think he will do it this time. I think he's fresher and developing and think there's a burning desire to set the record straight this time.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I ran away from home at the age of 16. Between the ages of 16 to 20 i mixed with the wrong friends/kids on the street. got in trouble with the law a lot.

My mom passed when i was 20 years old. knowing an african mother, i knew there was no way she was not disappointed by the way i was living. It hurts more than you can imaging to know that my mother, a woman i loved so much was disappointed in me when she died. that same year (2000) i decided to flee to america. Yes FLEE. i arrived in los angeles with not a penny to my name, all i had was a brother that allowed me to stay in his apartment for 3 months.

After moving out of my brothers, i moved into a student hostel where i got a job as a desk clerk. i didn't get paid, i just traded this services for free rent, the rent was only $75 a week as there was three bunk beds and 6 people in a room that i shared with traveling student from europe and around the world. Soon after that, i got a job as a D.j in a local strip-club, a strip-club that didn't have a license or permit to operate as a club.

I was working 2 says a week at the strip club for $100 a night. i did this for about 3 months until the law shut the place down.
i was back working in the hostel with no income, at times the only reason i had food to eat was because the foreign students in my room would hand me charity.

A few weeks later i walked into a boxing gym in los angeles, while training there one day, i noticed the mirrors and windows were dirty, i made the owner who is now a close friend an offer to clean the mirrors every night because the fighters would sweat on it a lot. he gave me $50 a week to do this, and thats how i survived for the better part of a year.
i decided to enter a field i had no training in or any idea what i was doing, i just watched the men and women who did it best do it, i copied everything they did and worked as hard as i could.

12 years later, im 32 years old and its new years eve. I have a career. pleased to say that i am one of the best in the world at what i do. I have a beautiful place i call home. I have most people's yearly income in my checking account, and im going to celebrate NYE with a $12,000 watch on my arm. how far i have come.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #15
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

Final chapter...unless Afolabi wins, and they're deadlocked at 1-1-1.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum