Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #1156
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido & Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado & undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
Laurence Cole I believe did that mishap

made we wonder how the ref even knew
BORKED
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #1157
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835
Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido & Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado & undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian View Post
Never seen a fight stopped for a broke nose before just like that.

Mikey's corner quit for him.

Funny though, Robert Garcia foreshadowed that shit happening like 4rds earlier... telling Mikey to stop ****ing around before something like that happened.

Garcia lacks a killer instinct, and it's going to be his downfall at some point. He's vastly skilled, hits hard.. but dude just isn't a killer.
I was actually very impressed and surprised by Garcia I do think finishing the fight down the stretch would have been valuable experience
KO KIDD is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #1158
ButtBread
@bettingboxing
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2236

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
two games i got robbed. draw and over
Me too on the over. Was feeling like a genius since I switched sides, reasoning that Mikey wouldn't overwhelm Salido even if he hurt him.

Thought it had been about the worst case scenario for an over bet, but it was still looking good. "No, THIS is the worst case scenario."
ButtBread is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #1159
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Only problem I have with Mikey is that he doesn't have that killer instinct. He should have finished Salido in the 2nd.
Notice how in his interview he kept talking about he would rather it have gone 12, not he would rather he finished him. Not a lot of urgency in him but that's partly what makes him so dangerous. A bit ice cold and calculated, composed and paced.

He's got masterful skills, tho.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #1160
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
BORKED
How did he even know the scores? I'd laugh if Juan took his advice and lost the decision
KO KIDD is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #1161
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
How did he even know the scores? I'd laugh if Juan took his advice and lost the decision
And another thing is, that time Marquez probably not yet understanding english.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #1162
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Notice how in his interview he kept talking about he would rather it have gone 12, not he would rather he finished him. Not a lot of urgency in him but that's partly what makes him so dangerous. A bit ice cold and calculated, composed and paced.

He's got masterful skills, tho.
It is good to a degree, but sometimes on the elite level, it will come back and bite you in the ass. He has to learn to capitalize when he has a person hurt as bad as he did.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #1163
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

At what point did Salido "bother" Mikey? I assume you mean the brief points in which Mikey wasn't completely busting Salido up? Even at that point, Salido's "best" moments he was at best breaking even. That doesn't allow him to make up ground, that just slowed down how much ground he was losing.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #1164
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
At what point did Salido "bother" Mikey? I assume you mean the brief points in which Mikey wasn't completely busting Salido up? Even at that point, Salido's "best" moments he was at best breaking even. That doesn't allow him to make up ground, that just slowed down how much ground he was losing.
Probably when he broke his nose and now has disrupted his fight schedule because he has to wait for a injury to heal
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #1165
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Listen to all the haters now on Mikey. Saying Salido was coming on and Mikey quit because of it.

Dude had 5 KDs and won every single round. He did get caught with some big shots and never once looked hurt.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #1166
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

Quote:
It is good to a degree, but sometimes on the elite level, it will come back and bite you in the ass. He has to learn to capitalize when he has a person hurt as bad as he did.
Exactly.

There was a specific round where Mikey let Salido completely off the hook 3 times after hurting.. there was a point where Salido looked like he was about to quit.. and this was early in the fight where Mikey landed a huge shot and just backed off... then right near the end of that round he actually landed 2 shots and turned away thinking he put him down when Salido didn't go down.

It was bizarre.. never seen someone just keep letting a guy back into a fight for no ****ing reason.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #1167
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1830

You need killer instinct at the elite level because guys at this level don't quit. Garcia needs to realize this or he is going to learn the hard way with a lost.
lobk is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #1168
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree, I would have liked to see him finish him, but respect why he didnt and get where he's coming from. It's like Taylor vs Pavlik, if you don't finish the guy...who knows what might happen.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #1169
Elyblueaj
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Greeno View Post
England's Gavin Rees
Wales' Gavin Rees
Elyblueaj is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #1170
lobk
Original ESB Member
ESB Addict

vCash: 1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_ir34 View Post
Listen to all the haters now on Mikey. Saying Salido was coming on and Mikey quit because of it.

Dude had 5 KDs and won every single round. He did get caught with some big shots and never once looked hurt.
I'm not knocking Garcia but did you see the interview? Garcia even said he should have continued and should have. He then caught himself and offered the rematch.
lobk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum