Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #1201
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644
Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido & Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado & undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
that wasnt my point, what im getting at is why is the doctor asking a guy if he can continue and ends the fight on that and not his medical expertise

what if the doctor said sure its broken but its ok to continue and the fighters like i cant continue does it still go to the cards or is that a loss?
Because the doctor can't tell if a fighter can't breath out his nose or can't see out of there eye or ever worse they are seeing double ect.

Vivian Harris got headbutted hard was rocked action was stopped and then he fainted a few seconds later. By your logic they should have ruled he was faking and gave him an L.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #1202
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mikey Garcia vs. Orlando Salido & Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado & undercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian View Post
Yeah, because his corner called them over and urged them to stop it.

Come the **** on... as soon as Mikey was back on the stool and Robert said "**** it's broken" you know they were going to ask for it to be stopped.

I told my wife that very thing as soon as he sat down.

Never seen that shit before.

Not that Salido would have won, but it would have been good to see Garcia fight through it.. for at least a round or two.

Boxing is just as much about dealing with adversity.. and as soon as the fight had an issue they looked for a way out.
Dude why in the **** would he "fight through it", when he won every round and scored 4 KD's? His nose was ****ed up...why make an injury worse, just to prove to you that he's tough? Bro did you watch the fight, pretty ****ing clear who was tougher, was it not? Furthermore I'll ask again, what do you mean by Salido "coming on", what exactly did you see him doing that gave you any inclination he might win? He did better relative to early where he got dropped and/or hurt every round, but never...not once, did Mikey show any sign of being bothered by dudes punches. If anything the more Salido opened up the greater chance he got KO'd.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #1203
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
You aren't making a point.

It is no different than the Judah - Clottey fight where Judah got fouled and the doctor asked if he could continue and Judah said no because he thought he had the lead on the cards.

When you are fouled accidentally the doctor will usually ask the fighter before he stops, especially if it isn't anything like excessive bleeding.
but what would have happened if say the doctor said Zab the eyes fine nad Zabs like I cant fight or it doesnt matter

im not singling out this fight but just have questions on how the rules work in these freak scenarios
KO KIDD is online now  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #1204
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
My biggest worry is that when he gets into a really tough fight he wont be able to step it up and will just fold. I don't get how he had Salido in front of him hurt for almost half the fight but never once pushes the issue.
Who is he going to fight tougher than Salido...do you think Gamboa or Donaire take those shots? Serious question...
Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #1205
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
but what would have happened if say the doctor said Zab the eyes fine nad Zabs like I cant fight or it doesnt matter

im not singling out this fight but just have questions on how the rules work in these freak scenarios
The feedback from the fighter is factored into the equation but there are multiple variables that go into a Dr's decision besides just fighter feedback. It's the judgement of the Dr, he's paid to weigh all the variables and render a decision.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #1206
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:

The doctor can say your eyes look okay to me, but if Zab says I can't see the doctor must stop the fight. He can't ignore teh fighter request, because then he and the commission will be legally liable for any injury after the fact because they ignored the fighter.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #1207
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Because the doctor can't tell if a fighter can't breath out his nose or can't see out of there eye or ever worse they are seeing double ect.

Vivian Harris got headbutted hard was rocked action was stopped and then he fainted a few seconds later. By your logic they should have ruled he was faking and gave him an L.
Italicized answered my question

and to the bold Im not saying give the L in a case like that Im asking if the doc says one thing and the fighter says another is the result different thats all

obviously if a guy blacks out a doctor would know that he cant go
Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #1208
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The doctor can say your eyes look okay to me, but if Zab says I can't see the doctor must stop the fight. He can't ignore teh fighter request, because then he and the commission will be legally liable for any injury after the fact because they ignored the fighter.
that answered my question so in no way would it ever be a TKO
Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #1209
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Yup. A.d Robert Garcia to my surprise who had heart like a mother ****er when he fought was pushing hard for the stoppage. I didn't like that and I really don't like Mickey Garcia's attitude in the ring. I don't think he cares that much and if a fight really got tough he'd look for the easy way out.

You don't just cruise while knocking a guy down 5(?) times and hurt him repeatedly and never pressure for a stoppage. There's something wrong with his mental make up. Good thing for him his skills are so good he might never be in trouble......

You have been pretty negative on Mikey. Why?
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #1210
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Yup. A.d Robert Garcia to my surprise who had heart like a mother ****er when he fought was pushing hard for the stoppage. I didn't like that and I really don't like Mickey Garcia's attitude in the ring. I don't think he cares that much and if a fight really got tough he'd look for the easy way out.

You don't just cruise while knocking a guy down 5(?) times and hurt him repeatedly and never pressure for a stoppage. There's something wrong with his mental make up. Good thing for him his skills are so good he might never be in trouble......
There were plenty of times Mikey stepped in with a hard 1-2 and pushed Salido back when he saw an opportunity to land. I think he was smart, knowing Salido was dangerous, and pushed the stoppage an appropriate amount. It's just that Salido never stops coming.

Remember that Garcia made an enormous jump up in class tonight. Any tweaks he needs to make are forgiveable.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #1211
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
that answered my question so in no way would it ever be a TKO
An accidental foul causing the end of a fight will always go to the cards after 4 rounds I believe.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #1212
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
An accidental foul causing the end of a fight will always go to the cards after 4 rounds I believe.
sorry to belabor a useless question though it beats discussing the aspects of Manny or Floyd whose ducking and the strategical outlook of the fight
Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #1213
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Who is he going to fight tougher than Salido...do you think Gamboa or Donaire take those shots? Serious question...
What does fighting "tougher" have do do with anything? What if he gets rocked or dropped a few times vs doniare? Or even dropped once and the fight is going his way?

Can Doniare take those shots? Maybe I never seen the guy hurt.

Would Doniare get hit by those shots in the first place? No ****ing way.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #1214
kordapio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250

Quote:
BORKED
who's JMM fighting here?
kordapio is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #1215
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordapio View Post
who's JMM fighting here?
jimrex jaca

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum