Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217
Default Haye: Will Klitschko quit?

David Haye is worried that Vitali Klitschko will retire rather than fight him.

Full Story

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Posted January 20 2013

I don't think vitali would hold up the division if he had already
decided to retire. This leads me to believe he will have another
fight. The big question for awhile is aginst who, where and
when? Thoughts?

Peace
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Haye: Will Klitschko quit?

So what?

What the hell happened to his retirement?
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Promises Rematch. Retires.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Promises Rematch. Retires.
Huh?
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Huh?
I forgot to put the INb4, my bad.

Was simply saying it b4 the Klittards came in and drowned us with it. Aka Champion, Vladimir23, Bremen.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

please Vitali, I'm begging you, if you retire nobody else will give me 10 million to show up and not fight!!!
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Fair comment from Haye.

Who else would Vitali fight though?

I don't see anyone else around and Haye would seem like an obvious choice.

If they really are just waiting on a Yay or Nay from VK, it wouldn't suprise me to find out Vitali just doesn't fancy this one. Due to his age, it sounds like too much of a high risk fight to go out on.

If VK does retire without fighting Haye, he's opening himself up to the similar type of critisism he has levelled at Lennox Lewis in the past.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

There is a significant portion of the Boxing fanbase calling out for Vitali/Haye. It would be a big payday for both men and has the potential to be an interesting and exiting fight for fans. I dont think that, at this moment, there is a valid reason for it not to happen. Haye beat Chisora who gave Vitali a hard time and there is no one out there who poses more of a threat to Vitali than Haye, and certainly no one out there who could attract the media interest that Haye could.

Vitali could walk, he could quit and for the rest of his life claim a place in history as an extremely successful heavyweight and arguably one of the best of all time, but if he did so people would always be on his back for never fighting Haye and he and his fans would never be able to get away of accusing Lewis of ducking him without others accusing him of ducking Haye.

I want to see it happen, I'd support Haye during it because, quite frankly, I'm British and I'd like to have a British World Champion, but mainly I want to see it because its one of the few heavyweight clashes that would drum up a lot of public interest, its one of the few heavyweight bouts that could raise the sport's profile, and for that reason it would be good for Boxing - provided, of course, the fight wasn't a stinker.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
Fair comment from Haye.

Who else would Vitali fight though?

I don't see anyone else around and Haye would seem like an obvious choice.

If they really are just waiting on a Yay or Nay from VK, it wouldn't suprise me to find out Vitali just doesn't fancy this one. Due to his age, it sounds like too much of a high risk fight to go out on.

If VK does retire without fighting Haye, he's opening himself up to the similar type of critisism he has levelled at Lennox Lewis in the past.
Nope. Haye would be fighting the oldest, most uninterested, and fattest version of Vitali. We all learned from the Brits on here it is OK for Vitali to retire and not fight Haye. The guy is 5 years older than Lennox when he retired. Brit logic tells us Vitali can retire. Sorry.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Espin88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1229

Vitali will wait for Arreola-Stiverne, fight the winner and retire IMO.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #11
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Vitali will wait for Arreola-Stiverne, fight the winner and retire IMO.

He isn't going to fight Arreola again if he wins I think Vit retires. If Stiverne wins he might fight him or Haye then retire. I see no way he fights Arreloa again the first fight wasn't competitive at all.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Nope. Haye would be fighting the oldest, most uninterested, and fattest version of Vitali. We all learned from the Brits on here it is OK for Vitali to retire and not fight Haye. The guy is 5 years older than Lennox when he retired. Brit logic tells us Vitali can retire. Sorry.
Difference is that old, fat, washed up, un-motivated Lewis actually fought Vitali, and beat him, before hanging up his gloves. Vitali, if he choses to retire, will have done so having never stepped in the ring with Haye despite numerously saying he wants to knock him out.

Lewis owed Vitali nothing. Vitali had put in a brave and valiant showing but he'd failed. Lewis had nothing to prove by fighting a rematch.

Vitali owes Haye nothing but has said many times he wants a fight. Vitali has something to prove against Haye - that he's the better fighter and Haye's a loud-mouthed nobody who was never in his league - and if he walks away without fighting Haye he will lose face in a big way for never having proven it - just as Lewis lost face when he promised Vitali a rematch then retired.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
There is a significant portion of the Boxing fanbase calling out for Vitali/Haye. It would be a big payday for both men and has the potential to be an interesting and exiting fight for fans. I dont think that, at this moment, there is a valid reason for it not to happen. Haye beat Chisora who gave Vitali a hard time and there is no one out there who poses more of a threat to Vitali than Haye, and certainly no one out there who could attract the media interest that Haye could.

Vitali could walk, he could quit and for the rest of his life claim a place in history as an extremely successful heavyweight and arguably one of the best of all time, but if he did so people would always be on his back for never fighting Haye and he and his fans would never be able to get away of accusing Lewis of ducking him without others accusing him of ducking Haye.

I want to see it happen, I'd support Haye during it because, quite frankly, I'm British and I'd like to have a British World Champion, but mainly I want to see it because its one of the few heavyweight clashes that would drum up a lot of public interest, its one of the few heavyweight bouts that could raise the sport's profile, and for that reason it would be good for Boxing - provided, of course, the fight wasn't a stinker.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
MAJR hit the nail on the head in his reply to this.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

I could care less if this fight happens or not. Fight should have happened yrs ago, but Haye chose the easier path going through the sluggish Valuev. Pulling out last minute once each against Wladimir and Vitali. So if Vitali decides he wants to KO or chase Haye around the ring for 12rds, or to delay and drag haye along for months till he announces his retirement it's fine with me. Or fights someone else just to piss Haye off more.

Hayes resume and title reigns are really less then special, although I admit his power and speed can make him a dangerous fighter .
Old slow Valuev, who lost the belt to Chagaev, and should have lost to shot Holyfield. Old man Ruiz, mister underachiever Harrison, lol Barrett, and Chisora coming off 3 loses in 4 fights( though he should have technically beat Hellenius.) Then through in a clear lose to Wladimir and just horrid performance especially when you throw in all his trash talks for 2yrs. oh and 1 defense of his WBA WBC cruiser weight title, against china chin.

Honestly who cares , dude fights once a year, and if Haye does what he says, then he'll just retire anyway after the fight. That's real great for the division.

This is also nothing like Vitali/Lewis, as they at least fought each other, and Vitali was ahead at time of stoppage, meaning it was a competitive fight. While Haye has just flapped his gums.
krazylegs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum