Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158
Default Re: Haye: Will Klitschko quit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJR View Post
Difference is that old, fat, washed up, un-motivated Lewis actually fought Vitali, and beat him, before hanging up his gloves. Vitali, if he choses to retire, will have done so having never stepped in the ring with Haye despite numerously saying he wants to knock him out.

Lewis owed Vitali nothing. Vitali had put in a brave and valiant showing but he'd failed. Lewis had nothing to prove by fighting a rematch.

Vitali owes Haye nothing but has said many times he wants a fight. Vitali has something to prove against Haye - that he's the better fighter and Haye's a loud-mouthed nobody who was never in his league - and if he walks away without fighting Haye he will lose face in a big way for never having proven it - just as Lewis lost face when he promised Vitali a rematch then retired.
Sorry, Vitali can retire tomorrow. Haye jerked the Klitschko's around for 3 years but that was OK but Vitali now has to fight the guy? Is Haye even ranked by anyone? Haye could/should have already fought both brothers by now but he didn't and has nobody to blame but himself.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #17
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

Guess the slave contract is looking real good now.. Now that there aren't any easy champions to win a belt from
krazylegs is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylegs View Post
Guess the slave contract is looking real good now.. Now that there aren't any easy champions to win a belt from
I do understand why a lot of people are pissed off with Haye and Im sure he will (quite rightly) only get a fraction of the money for this fight that he could of gotten a few years back.

But seriously, who else is it worth Haye fighting right now?

VK is the only meaningful fight out there for Haye.

... and vice versa!

Hence the public interest.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #19
BunnyGibbons
Is Not About That Life

vCash: 6371

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylegs View Post
Haye will easily beat this VK, which is why the old man's ducking him.
BunnyGibbons is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #20
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Isn't Haye ranked within the top 5 by WBC
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
Pulev, Price, Povetkin, Arreola. Lots of good matchups to be made.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Haye does way more talking than fighting.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #23
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Sorry, Vitali can retire tomorrow. Haye jerked the Klitschko's around for 3 years but that was OK but Vitali now has to fight the guy? Is Haye even ranked by anyone? Haye could/should have already fought both brothers by now but he didn't and has nobody to blame but himself.
I agree, Vitali could retire, and he could retire with a solid legacy and place in history as one of the most successful, and arguably one of the best, heavyweights of all time.

But, that wouldn't change the fact that he never fought Haye, and that he never proved himself better than Haye despite saying many time that he wants to knock Haye out. And it would be a completely different scenario to when Lennox Lewis chose to retire, because Lewis beat Vitali before retiring while Vitali would have retired having never beaten Haye.

So trying to justify Vitali retiring without having fought Haye as if it was similar to Lewis retiring after beating Vitali doesn't hold water.

Vitali only has himself to blame for Haye being relevant. It was Boente and Vitali who came out immediately after Wlad beat Haye and said that the job wasn't finished and Vitali wanted to knock Haye out, and it was Vitali's camp who said he'd fight the winner of Haye/Chisora then appeared to do a complete U-Turn after Haye Knocked Chisora out impressively and declared that Haye would never get a shot because he turned him down to fight Chisora.

I think the fight would be good for boxing, that's why I want to see it, and Vitali's in a position where he cant really lose where his legacy's concerned. If he wins then he proves Haye was never in his league and if he loses he'll get a free-pass because people will say he's washed up and would have beaten Haye in his prime. So I dont see why it shouldn't happen, or why people are arguing that it shouldn't happen, regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not, especially since there is existing bad-blood between them.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

Quote:
I agree, Vitali could retire, and he could retire with a solid legacy and place in history as one of the most successful, and arguably one of the best, heavyweights of all time.

But, that wouldn't change the fact that he never fought Haye, and that he never proved himself better than Haye despite saying many time that he wants to knock Haye out.

And it would be a completely different scenario to when Lennox Lewis chose to retire, because Lewis beat Vitali before retiring while Vitali would have retired having never beaten Haye.

So trying to justify Vitali retiring without having fought Haye as if it was similar to Lewis retiring after beating Vitali doesn't hold water.

Vitali only has himself to blame for Haye being relevant. It was Boente and Vitali who came out immediately after Wlad beat Haye and said that the job wasn't finished and Vitali wanted to knock Haye out, and it was Vitali's camp who said he'd fight the winner of Haye/Chisora then appeared to do a complete U-Turn after Haye Knocked Chisora out impressively and declared that Haye would never get a shot because he turned him down to fight Chisora.

I think the fight would be good for boxing, that's why I want to see it, and Vitali's in a position where he cant really lose where his legacy's concerned. If he wins then he proves Haye was never in his league and if he loses he'll get a free-pass because people will say he's washed up and would have beaten Haye in his prime. So I dont see why it shouldn't happen, or why people are arguing that it shouldn't happen, regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not.
Haye a legacy fight?

Based on what? Haye is a nobody. In his one relevant Heavyweight fight he put on one of the most boring and disgraceful displays I have ever seen he didn't even attempt to win. And Haye is now somehow a legacy fight?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #25
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
I do understand why a lot of people are pissed off with Haye and Im sure he will (quite rightly) only get a fraction of the money for this fight that he could of gotten a few years back.

VK is the only meaningful fight out there for Haye.

... and vice versa!

Hence the public interest.
I actually find Haye to be quite entertaining/ funny and witty. I just dont mind that since he pulled this shit before that it happens to him now. Also a UK brawl between him and Fury or Price; two strong, tall, Klitschko like fighters who are both highly rated and undefeated would and could generate a decent $$ and rating. not to mention a likely #1 ranking in most Orgs after the fight. Guess Haye is just to busy filming reality series. It's not like he just got elected into Parliament. LOL as I typed that last part I just pictured him in Parliament like Ali G
krazylegs is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Haye a legacy fight?

Based on what? Haye is a nobody. In his one relevant Heavyweight fight he put on one of the most boring and disgraceful displays I have ever seen he didn't even attempt to win. And Haye is now somehow a legacy fight?
You didn't quite get what I said there did you. I'll repeat and put the relevant bits in bold and enlarge it.

"I think the fight would be good for boxing, that's why I want to see it, and Vitali's in a position where he cant really lose where his legacy's concerned. If he wins then he proves Haye was never in his league and if he loses he'll get a free-pass because people will say he's washed up and would have beaten Haye in his prime. So I dont see why it shouldn't happen, or why people are arguing that it shouldn't happen, regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not."

Try to read more closely in the future.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #27
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Hayes last full fight on youtube received a million views. Vitali's only a quarter of that ,plus the fight was in a half empty stadium
That would indicate Vitali is the nobody.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #28
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Hayes last full fight on youtube received a million views. Vitali's only a quarter of that ,plus the fight was in a half empty stadium
That would indicate Vitali is the nobody.

Does YouTube.com hand out Championship Boxing belts?

Haye could have already fought Vitali years ago. He chose not to. He took an easier fight with Valuev that was an atrocious boring fight. Haye is Irrelevant. As it stands Vitali is obligated to fight the Arreola-Stiverne winner. Not Haye. Do you understand that?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #29
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

Quote:
You didn't quite get what I said there did you. I'll repeat and put the relevant bits in bold and enlarge it.

"I think the fight would be good for boxing, that's why I want to see it, and Vitali's in a position where he cant really lose where his legacy's concerned. If he wins then he proves Haye was never in his league and if he loses he'll get a free-pass because people will say he's washed up and would have beaten Haye in his prime. So I dont see why it shouldn't happen, or why people are arguing that it shouldn't happen, regardless of whether Haye deserves it or not."

Try to read more closely in the future.

It has already been proven Haye is not in his league. If Haye fought as much as he talked he would be in a position for a Mandatory position. Maybe Haye can try and avenge his loss to Wlad?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Pulev, Price, Povetkin, Arreola. Lots of good matchups to be made.
Ah come on.

Nobody wants to see Haye fight any of those guys.

Hell, nobody wants to see those guys fight, full stop.
Neverchair is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum