Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #16
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562
Default Re: Prime MW Pavlik v. GGG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
I think even current Pavlik beats GGG. JCC stops GGG in brutal fashion.

GGG fighting mostly tomato cans being so overhyped. It's like Bute all over again lmao
You keep on coming up with this Chavez stops GGG brutally, when has Chavez ever stopped anyone brutally, your speaking out of your arse again, please explain why you see that outcome?
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #17
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Durden View Post
Jr is nowhere near Miranda's Pavlik so yes, GGG beats the living shit out of Jr and may well TKO him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
Id favor kelly, when Kelly was on his run up to the title an in the taylor fights he was a different monster. Gonna miss kelly

good posts gentlemen.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

It depends on the distance the fight is set at. If Kelly can keep GGG at the end of his jab, he takes Golo apart, but if GGG can cut him down, his shorter power punches could break Pavlik down.

Now since both like to go forward and they don't mind a slug-fest, it is very likely that this fight ends up being fought at a distance GGG is more skilled at, but of course Kelly hits just as hard so I can only give a % answer.

I'd say Pavlik has 60-40 chance winning overall considering he has more outings (points victory off busy style, pts/stoppage if he can set the distance, maybe get the inside KO) but the most likely single outing is Golovkin getting the stoppage at a close distance punch-fest. Either way, it would be a bloody fight and a really good one.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #19
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
I'm really just curious. What has junior shown you that makes you think he walk through GGG. I like both guys I just think that junior hasn't really distinguished himself outside the last round of Martinez.

I'm not a shit talker just curious
JCC weighs in at 160 then hydrates (or uses PED's) to get to 175ish. In addition to his granite chin, JCC is a come forward fighter... just like GGG. I promise you JCC's looping punches will have much greater effect on GGG than GGG's will have on JCC.

GGG gets ****ing stopped simply by weighing ~12-15 pounds less. Neither of them have insanely fast hand speed and neither are incredible boxers. It will turn out to be something of a slugfest and JCC will smother GGG.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #20
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
You keep on coming up with this Chavez stops GGG brutally, when has Chavez ever stopped anyone brutally, your speaking out of your arse again, please explain why you see that outcome?
...styles make fights. GGG/JCC are COME FORWARD fighters. They will bang it out and JCC will be 10-15lbs heavier with his stubborn, granite chin. His Dad will smack him around in between rounds and JCC will start throwing those looping bombs. GGG can walk through all the B level fighters he wants, but he will meet a larger force (JCC) which he cannot walk through.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #21
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
JCC weighs in at 160 then hydrates (or uses PED's) to get to 175ish. In addition to his granite chin, JCC is a come forward fighter... just like GGG. I promise you JCC's looping punches will have much greater effect on GGG than GGG's will have on JCC.

GGG gets ****ing stopped simply by weighing ~12-15 pounds less. Neither of them have insanely fast hand speed and neither are incredible boxers. It will turn out to be something of a slugfest and JCC will smother GGG.
Rubio heard the cards and did well enough that there is talk of a rematch. How does he brutally stop golovkin

In fact Rubio is probably his best win
dbouziane is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #22
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

JCC was 15lbs heavier than Zbik, and that bum gave him all he could handle. He didn't walk through fringe Rubio. His sole decent KO win is Andy Lee, who's like a low grade Bute.

High marks to Jr for his chin and size, but that's about it. In particular no craft, less than Margarito.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #23
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
JCC was 15lbs heavier than Zbik, and that bum gave him all he could handle. He didn't walk through fringe Rubio. His sole decent KO win is Andy Lee, who's like a low grade Bute.

High marks to Jr for his chin and size, but that's about it. In particular no craft, less than Margarito.
Vera did the same thing to lee.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #24
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I'd favour a prime martinez to beat a prime Pavlik any day of the week.
But to answer the original question - i think its a 50-50. Don't know what GGG's defense is like against top tier middleweights (cause none of them seem willing to fight him).
But a really good middle weight at wc level with excellent footwork should beat pavlik who had no lateral movement. Pavliks rights were very effective against come forward fighters so I find it hard to say as I suspect there is more to GGG's game then stalking his opponent.

On what I have seen so far Im 50/50
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
dbouziane
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
I'd favour a prime martinez to beat a prime Pavlik any day of the week.
But to answer the original question - i think its a 50-50. Don't know what GGG's defense is like against top tier middleweights (cause none of them seem willing to fight him).
But a really good middle weight at wc level with excellent footwork should beat pavlik who had no lateral movement. Pavliks rights were very effective against come forward fighters so I find it hard to say as I suspect there is more to GGG's game then stalking his opponent.

On what I have seen so far Im 50/50
Pavlik was two weeks out of rehab and had to cut mad weight and still gave Martinez his toughest fight. Not saying prime Pavlik wins but it would be closer then your giving credit for
Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #26
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

GGG is open for a stiff 1-2 down the middle, and Pavlik could really crack. I'd have to favor him.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
Mitchell_NY
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Prime Kelly vs Triple GGG would have been like Miranda fight. Triple GGG would have tried hard, but got discourged by the "double Jab" and missile right hand. I think though knockdowns on Both sides is a definete possibility.
Mitchell_NY is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #28
dbouziane
East Side Guru

I also think GGG v. Prime Miranda is also a cracking fight. Gennady would stop him but prime Miranda laid a hurtin on Abraham and went toe to toe with Kelly for seven rounds.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #29
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

kinda pissed Kelly is retiring honestly the more i think about it
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #30
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouziane View Post
I also think GGG v. Prime Miranda is also a cracking fight. Gennady would stop him but prime Miranda laid a hurtin on Abraham and went toe to toe with Kelly for seven rounds.
What up D?

I don't know if I'd go with all that for sure or not though. Prime Miranda was a one bad ass mo'fo man.

For me, IMO, seeing GGG beat up Proksa and that game Jr MW last night isn't enough to convince me he beats the pre-Pavlik Miranda.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum