GGG 103 72.54%
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr 39 27.46%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #61
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: GGG vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr @160 - Who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
The way he smothered Lee was impressive.

I'm not confusing him with Hearns because I said I think he'd wear him down with his volume punching and durability. Hearns was a one-punch knockout artist. Martinez is more accurate than Golovkin and Martinez was fine. It's anybody's fight, but Chavez has been tested at a higher level and is a competent swarmer. I think he might have an easier time landing on GGG than the reverse, and in a firefight, he'd take GGG's shots better than GGG would over 12.
Why? Chavez doesn't have huge height or reach and he doesn't have great hand speed. He has volume and chin, but if Martinez could back him up, Golovkin could too. If Chavez tries to swarm, that would present Golovkin with counterpunching opportunities to land flush shots and I don't see Chavez surviving too many of those.
rusak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #62
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
You've shown a few troll tendencies at several moments in the past, but for the most part haven't been too huge of a troll. That was to get your attention.

Now that I have your attention: three month ban bet if the fight happens. Bump this thread, and I will honor it. I'm gone for three months if Jr. beats GGG, you're gone for three months if GGG beats Jr. Deal?

Troll tendencies in the past?

I had fun with the Pactard rabble after Bradley 'beat' him, can't blame a guy for that, especially as a long suffering JMM fan on ESB. I'm no troll though, so you can stow that shit.

The fight will be very close, either way, it's a dangerous bet, but I'll take it.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #63
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
How did that walk down work out against Zbik, who has no power?
Every fight is different, muchacho.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #64
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Pretty much the reason you can't see that JMM was roided to the bones.

Still butthurt.

You're practically the only one whining about PEDs. What does that tell you?

Have you found employment yet?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #65
BobTheBuilder
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
I believe Chavez Jr takes GGG's power and walks him down, eventually wearing him down with body work, stopping him late and ending the GGG hype before he even gets a shot at Martinez, à la Bute being taken out before getting a shot at Ward.

How do you think this one goes?

GGG easily. Chavez is little more than a bum.
BobTheBuilder is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #66
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
I'll happily take a ban bet with that troll Smokin' Joe if the fight comes off. Golovkin would wreck Jr. And I don't dislike Jr., Golovkin is just an awful matchup for him.
He's not a troll at all.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #67
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ROIDquez got them RJJ roid muscles!

Example A, of an ESB troll.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #68
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You're a prime example of a creepy stalker and faggot. What's your point?

Everyone knows what you are. I'm just shedding the light.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #69
ecdrm15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1220

He beat Dirrell, Lee, Despaigne, and Bute in the amateurs and went 245-5. Hes clearly top 5 MW
ecdrm15 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 AM   #70
Txomo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I think Fatboy would be able to keep GGG on the outside by using his jab and straight hands. Fatboy footwork would allow him to attack in-out without allowing the slower GGG to counter, it eould be similar to BrokenNoseGarcia-HomelessBeardSalido.

Nah... I just can't see GGG standing toe to toe with Jr. Fatboy would put too much pressure on the Kazakh
Txomo is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #71
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

Quote:
It tells me that if I created a poll, it would be Juanitas and Flomos voting that Marquez is clean because of the collective hatred towards Pacquiao.

A prime Marquez couldn't KD or KO Pacquiao. After he linked up with a PED expert (whose father owns a drug lab and has tried to hide his identity), he blew up in size, hurt iron-chinned Pacquiao with every single shot he landed, got a KD and a KO.

FACTS.

But you're long suffering, so it's okay that Juan was roided!

Iron chinned Pacquiao that's been KTFO 3 times now and who went down like he'd just been shot and put on queer street for a full minute by a jab.

Quiet yourself.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #72
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
I agree. I think GGG could do better against Martinez, but head to head, Chavez Jr. seems more dangerous in a fire fight given his durability, size, and volume.
That's exactly how I see it, too.

With the way these two fighters are built, I can't see it being anything but a fire fight. And in a fire fight, you tend to favour the guy who's bigger, stronger and can take a better shot. GGG would need to show me proof of him being a really good boxer-mover for me to believe he would beat Chavez as easily as some are claiming. But I don't see that in him. I see him as a seek-and-destroy operator - the type that Chavez would have his moments against, because his size and strength will be a huge advantage when they collide head on like I expect them to.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #73
Champion
©
ESB Addict

vCash: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That's exactly how I see it, too.

With the way these two fighters are built, I can't see it being anything but a fire fight. And in a fire fight, you tend to favour the guy who's bigger, stronger and can take a better shot. GGG would need to show me proof of him being a really good boxer-mover for me to believe he would beat Chavez as easily as some are claiming. But I don't see that in him. I see him as a seek-and-destroy operator - the type that Chavez would have his moments against, because his size and strength will be a huge advantage when they collide head on like I expect them to.
Good shout Rico.

I would believe Sanchez and Golovkin would come up with a nice gameplan for the big Chavez and would fight him a little different to what we saw him against Proksa and Rosado. If you followed Golovkin's career you know he was more of a boxer, counter-puncher few years back. With Sanchez he became that seek-and-destroy type operator. Golovkin is versatile and can stick and move if he wants to, he lets you come to him and then he explodes on the inside.

When Chavez and Golovkin would collide inside I think Golovkin's varied attack and better defense would break Chavez down. It would be a barnburner though. Hope they make this one down the road.
Champion is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #74
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Good shout Rico.

I would believe Sanchez and Golovkin would come up with a nice gameplan for the big Chavez and would fight him a little different to what we saw him against Proksa and Rosado. If you followed Golovkin's career you know he was more of a boxer, counter-puncher few years back. With Sanchez he became that seek-and-destroy type operator. Golovkin is versatile and can stick and move if he wants to, he lets you come to him and then he explodes on the inside.

When Chavez and Golovkin would collide inside I think Golovkin's varied attack and better defense would break Chavez down. It would be a barnburner though. Hope they make this one down the road.
Interesting points, Champ.

I'm not too clued up on GGG, to be honest. I've only properly watched his last two fights and a couple of others that I can't remember. I've not followed him close enough to note a change in styles like you have. But I've read from a few posters now that he's beginning to neglect his counterpunching style ? Which, if true, is a bit of a shame. It's something he'll need to re-visit if he's ever to step in with Chavez. And if he does, then I give him a greater chance of winning because, as you've alluded to, he's a more skilled/refined fighter than Chavez.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #75
Stinkmeaner
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Interesting points, Champ.

But I've read from a few posters now that he's beginning to neglect his counterpunching style ? Which, if true, is a bit of a shame.
rosado was running away all the time, there were no possibilities for counter punching fight style
Stinkmeaner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum