Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #136
Thracian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Whats the worst legal deal you've seen signed where a boxer traded future paydays or other rights for a fight to happen?
Thracian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #137
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: I am a boxing manager: if you have questions about the boxing biz, ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey1234 View Post
The best US promoter for me to deal with, pay-wise, paying on time, is without a doubt Top Rank. The thing a fighter should look at is does the promoter do shows on a regular basis, do they have TV, can the promoter deliver on the promises they make?
There are only two that have all the power, and thats Gboy and Top Rank.

-Top Rank gives you the time to develop, Gboy has a policy of sink or swim with their fighters.
-Top Rank has built from scratch some of the biggest names in boxing, including Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Pavlik.
-Top Rank has two HOF's on staff, Arum and Bruce Trampler, who have worked with a who's, who of boxing for the 30+yrs, Ali, Foreman,Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, Benitez, so the edge in experience and knowing how to work the talent is hands down with Top Rank.
-Pay from what I have experienced and hearing from others Top Rank pays better than anybody.
Good stuff, did you speak to your Top Rank friend about Lomachenko?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #138
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Great thread... I thought you were a douche bag just a few weeks ago... I was wrong
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 AM   #139
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
Any degree would help someone if they were going into a management role. With that said, if I was looking to go into managing boxers I would expect that industry knowledge would be more valuable than a business degree.
I have a business management degree... It wouldn't really help - its about who you know.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #140
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Would a boxer thread like this be good?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #141
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
The best US promoter for me to deal with, pay-wise, paying on time, is without a doubt Top Rank. The thing a fighter should look at is does the promoter do shows on a regular basis, do they have TV, can the promoter deliver on the promises they make?
There are only two that have all the power, and thats Gboy and Top Rank.

-Top Rank gives you the time to develop, Gboy has a policy of sink or swim with their fighters.
-Top Rank has built from scratch some of the biggest names in boxing, including Oscar, Floyd, Cotto, Pavlik.
-Top Rank has two HOF's on staff, Arum and Bruce Trampler, who have worked with a who's, who of boxing for the 30+yrs, Ali, Foreman,Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, Benitez, so the edge in experience and knowing how to work the talent is hands down with Top Rank.
-Pay from what I have experienced and hearing from others Top Rank pays better than anybody.
Thanks Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Would a boxer thread like this be good?
I'd say so, it's always good for people to get to know a bit more about what happens away from the ring
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #142
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Great thread... I thought you were a douche bag just a few weeks ago... I was wrong
To be fair he is a massive douchenozzle when talking about strength and conditioning coaches When he's talking about something he knows about he is good value, I've never really heard an insider talk about these things before so thank you dempsey1234
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #143
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Good stuff, did you speak to your Top Rank friend about Lomachenko?
I sure did they were already trying to do something with him so was Goldenboy. Top Rank from the guys I've talked to would love to have him.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #144
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
To be fair he is a massive douchenozzle when talking about strength and conditioning coaches When he's talking about something he knows about he is good value, I've never really heard an insider talk about these things before so thank you dempsey1234
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #145
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I have a business management degree... It wouldn't really help - its about who you know.
Exactly get out and meet the guys at a fight, or at a hotel the fighters stay. Hang out. You already know how to read a contract, that puts you ahead of the game, check to see what right fighters have, educate yourself as to what the purses should be, and negotiate thats also your right. A word to the wise, be reasonable in your dealings.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #146
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Couldnt resist could you? I have learned alot since I joined about S&C and I still feel the same way you guys have a place in some camps not all, I have 8 guys and 2 have s&c guys which I recommended. All that I have revealed is on the internet in various articles. Check out Tom Hausers column's, or Charles Jay, Steve Kims. If you ck you will see my main reason for going back n forth, was that you were very loose with words describing coaches and I couldnt understand why you guys overcomplicate things, it's easier to cater to your audience instead of the audience catering to you. A little respect goes along ways, I respect anybody who helps a fighter reach his potential, we all work hard training and getting them ready. I know firsthand how important a good conditioner is, one of my guys won his title at a very high cost
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
FYI, my guy had an S&C guy, Leavander didn't, making weight for him was difficult, may he rest in peace. Leavander was a good guy and so was his family.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #147
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Couldnt resist could you? I have learned alot since I joined about S&C and I still feel the same way you guys have a place in some camps not all, I have 8 guys and 2 have s&c guys which I recommended. All that I have revealed is on the internet in various articles. Check out Tom Hausers column's, or Charles Jay, Steve Kims. If you ck you will see my main reason for going back n forth, was that you were very loose with words describing coaches and I couldnt understand why you guys overcomplicate things, it's easier to cater to your audience instead of the audience catering to you. A little respect goes along ways, I respect anybody who helps a fighter reach his potential, we all work hard training and getting them ready. I know firsthand how important a good conditioner is, one of my guys won his title at a very high cost
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
FYI, my guy had an S&C guy, Leavander didn't, making weight for him was difficult, may he rest in peace. Leavander was a good guy and so was his family.
Don't be so sensitive, I was just joshing around pal
I was never trying to be disrespectful to boxing coaches, maybe I sounded like I was because I was trying to emphasise my point that they're good at what they do and S+C guys are good at what they do. I wouldn't get upset with you for saying that a S+C guy knows jackshit about boxing tactics in general so you shouldn't get upset with me when I say a boxing coach knows jackshit about conditioning in general. As you can see you get a lot of respect when you talk about things you have knowledge of, I don't recall getting that respect from you when I was talking about things I have knowledge of. You accused me of using big words you don't understand (I used those words to demonstrate that you don't have the expertise or understanding to make the comments you made, obviously if I was helping a coach and an athlete I'd be explaining it in simple and easy to understand terms) and in this thread you've said some things I don't understand. I'm not going to get upset with you if you say something regarding your area of expertise that I don't understand, that's my bad and my shortcoming. You weren't humble enough to think along those same lines but I don't hold that against you. I'm thanking you for this thread and I hope you continue to contribute
Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #148
withoutwire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 568

You guys should hear the crap my boxing coach comes out with about training in general lol. He knows a lot about fight tactics....but S&C....not a hope

Pretty awkward that time I had to explain to him KO's ween't caused be hitting a certain nerve that is located on the chin lol
withoutwire is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #149
nvs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
The green thing is some sort of plant for use in the sauna, not sure exactly what it is but I know eucalyptus is used to help with immune system etc.. may be that. A bit alternative but every culture has things they believe in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by withoutwire View Post
cool vid

any idea wtf they are doing at 7.30 wit the water and at the end with that green thing?
Its not eucalyptus. Its birch branches tied together.
They are used in the sauna and your supposed to smack yourself with the birch branches.

It mostly has massaging and skin cleaning effect.

This is very common feature in the countryside saunas, especially places where the sauna stove has a fireplace.

Sauna is great place to relax especially if you have flu or feel ill.
You feel totally relaxed and have a cleansed sentation thru out.

Thank god my ban is over so i could get this out from my chest.
nvs is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #150
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Don't be so sensitive, I was just joshing around pal
I was never trying to be disrespectful to boxing coaches, maybe I sounded like I was because I was trying to emphasise my point that they're good at what they do and S+C guys are good at what they do. I wouldn't get upset with you for saying that a S+C guy knows jackshit about boxing tactics in general so you shouldn't get upset with me when I say a boxing coach knows jackshit about conditioning in general. As you can see you get a lot of respect when you talk about things you have knowledge of, I don't recall getting that respect from you when I was talking about things I have knowledge of. You accused me of using big words you don't understand (I used those words to demonstrate that you don't have the expertise or understanding to make the comments you made, obviously if I was helping a coach and an athlete I'd be explaining it in simple and easy to understand terms) and in this thread you've said some things I don't understand. I'm not going to get upset with you if you say something regarding your area of expertise that I don't understand, that's my bad and my shortcoming. You weren't humble enough to think along those same lines but I don't hold that against you. I'm thanking you for this thread and I hope you continue to contribute

Dealt, you are right sometimes I am a sensitive B, let's share our knowledge and experience to help somebody achieve their dreams and goals.
Leavander needed help and cos he didnt get it from his team for whatever reason, he paid the price. If you watched that clip Leavander was done they should have stopped it but they didn't. I believe that fighters need help, from both of us, cos they just want to fight. I've seen and heard of too many fighters who were used and abused to make a buck.
Thank you for your reply keep doing what you are doing as you can see we both are needed.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing