Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3000
Default Wlad Haters: Who Do You Want to See Him Fight?

Which fighters who will actually get in the ring do you want to see Wladimir fight? There has been huge criticism over a RUMOR about a Solis fight. Many brittards are saying Wlad is cherry picking poor fighters and avoiding real challenges. Who are these real challenges who are waiting for a call from Wlad?
Slyk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wlad Haters: Who Do You Want to See Him Fight?

A top10 contender: Povetkin, Adamek, Arreola, Fury, Pulev, etc.

PD. Not a Wlad hater, but a fan.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Povetkin/Fury only. Not so much Pulev but that's ACCEPTABLE. No more ****ing cans please.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Which fighters who will actually get in the ring do you want to see Wladimir fight? There has been huge criticism over a RUMOR about a Solis fight. Many brittards are saying Wlad is cherry picking poor fighters and avoiding real challenges. Who are these real challenges who are waiting for a call from Wlad?
I m not a wlad hater..I admire him...I will like to see him fight Odlanier Solis..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Not a hater.

He should fight anybody he hasn't already fought currently ranked in The Ring top ten: Povetkin, Helenius, Boytsov, Pulev, Fury, Arreola, or Adamek.

Obviously, some of them are not available (Arreola) or are promoted by K-2's rival Sauerland (Povetkin, Pulev, Helenius).

But there seem to be a few people there who might be available and willing: Boytsov, Fury and Adamek.

If a deal cannot be made with any of those three, someone ranked by the ABCs and undefeated like Pianeta would be okay.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 96

Povetkin, Fury, Pulev all this year would be phenomenal....
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

I dont think anybody in the division today can beat him... shows how bad the division is...
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
See Me Flow
The Pharaoh of Boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

For over 10 years lance Armstrong defeated the most advanced drug test available. He denied claims of every using any PEDs. And yet, Lance Armstrong was juicing from day 1.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Similar parrarells exist between Lance Armstrong and Wladimir Klitschko. Just because you haven't tested positive, doesn't mean you're clean. Very interesting how Wladdy looks thin in between fights, when Most heavyweights have to lose weight in between fights.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BLOOD DOPING: The term blood doping originally meant doping with blood, i.e. the transfusion of red blood cells. Red blood cells are uniquely suited to this process because they can be concentrated, frozen and later thawed with little loss of viability or activity. There are two possible types of transfusion: homologous and autologous. In a homologous transfusion, red blood cells from a compatible donor are harvested, concentrated and then transfused into the athlete’s circulation before endurance competitions. In an autologous transfusion, the athlete's own red blood cells are harvested well in advance of competition and then re-introduced before a critical event. For some time after the harvesting the athlete may be anemic.
Both types of transfusion can be dangerous because of the risk of infection and the potential toxicity of improperly stored blood. Homologous transfusions present the additional risks of communication of infectious diseases and the possibility of a transfusion reaction. From a logistical standpoint, either type of transfusion requires the athlete to surreptitiously transport frozen red blood cells, thaw and re-infuse them in a non-clinical setting and then dispose of the medical paraphernalia.
In the late 1980s, an advance in medicine led to an entirely new form of blood doping involving the hormone erythropoietin (EPO). EPO is a naturally occurring hormone growth factor that stimulates the formation of red blood cells. Recombinant DNA technology made it possible to produce EPO economically on a large scale and it was approved in US and Europe as a pharmaceutical product for the treatment of anemia resulting from renal failure or cancer chemotherapy. Easily injected under the skin, pharmaceutical EPO can boost hematocrit for six to twenty-four weeks, or longer.
EPO is not free of health hazards: excessive use of the hormone can raise hematocrit above 70% which can cause polycythemia, a condition wherein the level of red blood cells in the blood is abnormally high. This causes the blood to be more viscous than normal, a condition that strains the heart. Some elite athletes who died of heart failure—usually during sleep, when heart rate is naturally low—were found to have unnaturally high red blood cell concentrations in their blood.[2]
Several drugs increase EPO gene expression. Of particular concern are stabilizers of the hypoxia-inducible transcription factors, including cheap compounds such as cobalt(II) chloride.[3]

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
See Me Flow is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #9
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion View Post
A top10 contender: Povetkin, Adamek, Arreola, Fury, Pulev, etc.
I doubt many fans would give Adamek or Arreola a better shot at an upset then Solis. The same could probably be said for Povetkin.

I'd rather see Wlad fight Haye, Pulev, Povetkin, Fury, or Helenius--in that order. Solis is probably the most interesting name after the above, given his amateur pedigree and powerful natural characteristics. The main thing with Solis is the weight--if he's over 260 right now he won't have time to be ready by the date.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #10
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
I doubt many fans would give Adamek or Arreola a better shot at an upset then Solis. The same could probably be said for Povetkin.

I'd rather see Wlad fight Haye, Pulev, Povetkin, Fury, or Helenius--in that order. Solis is probably the most interesting name after the above, given his amateur pedigree and powerful natural characteristics. The main thing with Solis is the weight--if he's over 260 right now he won't have time to be ready by the date.
WHy? Wlad shut out Haye, and Haye has only fought once since. No need for a rematch unless Haye earns it. I'd rather see this. Povetkin, Fury, Pulev/Adamek winner(Pulev)
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5736

At least there's a real hater present here.

Because Lance was juicing and never (not exactly true) got caught, somehow means Wlad must be juicing too... with no mention of the many thousands of other boxers
Robney is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #12
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

1. Povetkin
2. Pulev

Then, I guess Fury, Price, Wilder, Jennings get honorable mentions. Boystov, Helenius, Chagaev II, Haye II, and Adamek are also acceptable.

Anything else I would rate dramatically lower than those I mentioned.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #13
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

There's limited choice in terms of availability but Wlad doesnt have much incentive to find the best possible opponent.

K2 can choose anyone with an alphabet ranking & it will fill a stadium, the worse the opponent the less they have to pay.

Wlad's next fight will probably be against a relatively obscure contender then Pulev or Povetkin in the summer.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #14
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
Fury said he is not ready.
Fury said he wasn't ready when Wlad approached him early last year, he's been saying he's ready for a fight with Wlad since around November last year. The Daily Mail reported him saying this on November 25th last year, before he beat Johnson: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

‘We’ve made contact and Wladimir has said we can do the fight whenever. I read he might be fighting Alexander Povetkin in early 2013 but we’ll be looking to take him after that.

‘I want it in May or June – as soon as possible. The quicker the better because I’m in tremendous shape. Mark my words now, I will beat Wladimir Klitschko for sure. I will go to Germany to do it. I don’t want to fight him in England, I don’t want it in Ireland, I don’t want it in the US. I want it in Hamburg or Berlin. Wherever he wants it in Germany, he can have it.

‘I want to be a total underdog, I don’t want anything on my side. I’m going to go over there and I’m going to wreck him. I don’t want a points decision. He will get knocked out for sure.

‘I don’t want to fight any other idiots in the division, it’s Wladimir or nobody.

‘I’ve no interest in fighting Vitali. I’m not interested in fighting an old guy who is on the slide.

‘I think Vitali will retire in December. The WBC title is going to be vacant and Chris Arreola will fight for it against either Denis Boytsov or Jonathan Banks.

‘But I want to fight the No.1 in the division with all the belts.

‘Why fight for one when I can fight for all of them against Wladimir?’
MAJR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum