Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Discuss.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
fg2227
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

No ****in chance not even close who has Vitali ever beaten Charr lol.
fg2227 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

No.

Vitaly is not even in the same ballpark record wise.

Wlad is getting near, but he has more losses, they are more embarrassing, and the wins are lacking the big names. Whereas he can get closer and clsoer, I don't think he can get there.

And now that I have written my answer, hey, I like Pulev, Povetkin and Fury, but legend makers they are not.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #4
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
No.

Vitaly is not even in the same ballpark record wise.

Wlad is getting near, but he has more losses, they are more embarrassing, and the wins are lacking the big names. Whereas he can get closer and clsoer, I don't think he can get there.

And now that I have written my answer, hey, I like Pulev, Povetkin and Fury, but legend makers they are not.
Give it 5 years and Pulev and Fury could be belt holders and fairly valuable names on his resume. Same goes for alot of the other prospects which is why its important to beat 4 or 5 of them before Vova retires.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

Vitali could fight for another 40 years and still remain quite a distance away. Wlad is closer but probably still has a fair bridge to gap
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #6
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

They already are above him.
Cael is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

No. Not a chance
Mr Butt is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
They already are above him.
Mr Butt is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Butt View Post
i know MVC is trying to bait a reaction from klitards

But seriously speaking now, Wladimir already has a more impressive and longer reign then Lewis.

The reason why Lewis still is widely regarded as a greater HW, is because of his wins over Fields and Tyson who were by that point significantly lesser fighters then in their prime.

Wladimir doesnt have those big names in his resume, and for some reason he also rubs ppl. the wrong way which reflects on the anti-klitschko sentiment that persists on this forums.
Cael is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Wlad might becomes legacy wise better than Lewis after a few more fights.
He already has a much deeper resume (fought more than just "slow brawlers", and the amount of southpaws on his record is never seen before for an atg hw, though he lost once against one), Lewis still has the stronger resume.

Vitali... All hope for him is gone.
Unless he finds a way to keep boxing in his 50s and becomes the lineal after Wlad retires, but that's impossible now.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Basically it depends upon what those guys go on to achieve and if they can be deemed the finished article when Wlad beats them. I personally think that Wlad could finish ranked in the same sort of clutch as Lewis, on average. Maybe not on my list because i have him so high, but generally.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Vitley do right doesn't have a prayer of ever surpassing Lewis. Povetkin is past his best and easy pickings and both Fury and Pulev would have to significan't establish themselves for Wlad to have a chance. Both at the moment are far to green to give Wlad enough credit beating them to pass Lewis, but he would most likely crack the all time top 10 with wins over them.
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
Man_Machine
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Neither Klitschko could ever rank above Lewis or most of the already established ATG's.
They simply aren't that good and the division has been so shallow for years their resumes will follow suit.
Man_Machine is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #14
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
If Wladimir beats Pulev,Povetkin and Fury and a few more good fighters you have to rank him above Lewis.

I think Wladimir is now in his prime and he will fight for at least 2 or 3. Enough time to boost his resume with good fighters. There are plenty good fighters actual/ up coming for Wladimir to fight.
If Banks proves to be an excellent trainer and Wlad ages like Hopkins he could potentially become a top3.

Could as in it could happen, not it will happen.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
Man_Machine
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Says something about the HW division and the Klitschko fan-base when Povetkin, Fury and Pulev are the being thrown in as ledger-bolstering names. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
Man_Machine is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum