Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 521 80.15%
False 129 19.85%
Voters: 650. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #3286
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh80290z View Post
Just watched Lewis v Vitali fight again, im starting to suspect whether Lennox gloves were properly padded.

Like Vitali spotted against Wach, im not saying Lewis did it by purpose, but it could be a manufacturing mistake.

Lewis didnt even land much in the third round, and that when the cut started, the beggining of the third round, if you look at the second round the end of it there was no cut, i think while they were holding, lennox hits vitali and the cut appears, lewis through out hits while holding.

look 17:04 no cut on vitali end round 2
then begining of round 3 17:43 i think that punch caused cut, while lennox and vitali were holding.

at 18:03 pause you can see cut first appear.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
look in here.

Lennox lewis hit while holding, used all sort of illegal tactics to win, it wouldnt suprise me if there was something up with Lewis glove
This thread just keeps delivering.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #3287
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smith View Post
This thread just keeps delivering.


Maybe one day the conspiracy theories will prove to be true.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #3288
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
Never saw any posts from you about boxing history. You only post about Vitaly.
Also, regarding HW age I posted this and you failed to respond. I didn't see any links. The discussion is on page 185(no links there, crazy guy). You were claiming that HWs are old in early 30s.

Price age 29 and had 15 fights, just starting out
Pulev age 31 and 17 fights, also just starting out
Wladimir almost 37 and in his absolute prime now
Vitaly still a champ and almost 42
Helenius age 28 and only 18 fights - a baby by pro boxing terms
Adamek 36 and in prime form
haye is 32 and definetly not old lol
Povetkin 33 and didn't even reach his prime
Glazkov is 28 and just starting out
Wach 32 and also nowhere near old
Arreola 31
Wilder is 27 and still a baby
Jenning 28 and also still a baby
This debate carried over into another thread if you remember correctly and I most certainly posted links including how the average NFL lineman is retired by 28. And I never said heavyweight were old in their early thirties, I said that's when athletes start to physically decline, and that is an absolute fact. You're trying to say today's heavyweights age differently than other athletes. The sorry truth is heavyweight are able to compete at an older age today because the talent level has fallen off so dramatically.

Now why don't you get back to making an ass of yourself trying to accuse me of having more than one account because there are other users on here with the user name jab. Lol, you ****ing moron!
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #3289
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
This debate carried over into another thread if you remember correctly and I most certainly posted links including how the average NFL lineman is retired by 28. And I never said heavyweight were old in their early thirties, I said that's when athletes start to physically decline, and that is an absolute fact. You're trying to say today's heavyweights age differently than other athletes. The sorry truth is heavyweight are able to compete at an older age today because the talent level has fallen off so dramatically.

Now why don't you get back to making an ass of yourself trying to accuse me of having more than one account because there are other users on here with the user name jab. Lol, you ****ing moron!
lol, what a load of bullshit. NFL has nothing to do with boxing. Ballerinas are old at 17 lol so what? It's different for every sport. Weight lifters and bodybuilders are competitive at 40.
We are talking about boxing here and not other sports, so please use arguments from boxing and not NFL.
The list above that I posted shows the age of HW boxers and clearly they reach prime in mid 30s and start getting old in late 30s and early 40s.
Also, if HW talent level would be low wouldn't it mean that they would be less competitive at advanced age? Better athletes, who are always in shape etc, train harder, last longer. George Foreman fought at 48, so according to you he is a talentless hack? According to your argument Holyfield and Holmes only fought into their 40s because they are talentless and some shit fighter who eats junk food, smokes crack and retires at 30 is talented? lol what an idiot. Actually a lot of the talented boxers fought when they were old. Foreman, Holmes, Holyfield, Jones, Vitaly all had dedication and fought for long time, and fighters with bad training habits and no talent got old pretty quickly.

p.s. if the debate was carried into a differnt thread show the link please lol
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #3290
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

The idea that heavyweights age "slower" than other athletes and boxers in other divisions has some merit, especially as today's HW division has become more about size than ability or athleticism.

But, no athlete can offset time.
Heavies suffer less, as their experience allows them to compensate for their declining speed and stamina.

Look at the 28 year ok Lewis against the 35 year old.

Different fighters physically. (Ignore the technical improvements Steward implemented)
Young Lewis is a leaner, faster fighter. The old one is much more solid, less mobile but craftier.

The idea that this has always been the case is false though.

When Lewis beat Vitaly he was something like the 3rd oldest HW champ in history. Ali was considered old against Foreman at 32.
Foreman retired first time round at 28.

When heavies were simply big men, their ages were comparable with other sports. There were always big men, but the more skilled, faster guys could beat them. Doesn't happen anymore.

There is no doubt the talent level is falling at heavy. In the past, old guys were the exception. Stories like foreman were mind blowing because of it.

Now, guys that were never that good are still competitive at a late age. The run of guys that were never that good in their prime - like Maskaev, Briggs etc. that were winning belts until Wlad got them sll or Vitaly unretired after waiting for Rahman to get old - just shows the drop off in recent years.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #3291
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
The idea that heavyweights age "slower" than other athletes and boxers in other divisions has some merit, especially as today's HW division has become more about size than ability or athleticism.

But, no athlete can offset time.
Heavies suffer less, as their experience allows them to compensate for their declining speed and stamina.

Look at the 28 year ok Lewis against the 35 year old.

Different fighters physically. (Ignore the technical improvements Steward implemented)
Young Lewis is a leaner, faster fighter. The old one is much more solid, less mobile but craftier.

The idea that this has always been the case is false though.

When Lewis beat Vitaly he was something like the 3rd oldest HW champ in history. Ali was considered old against Foreman at 32.
Foreman retired first time round at 28.

When heavies were simply big men, their ages were comparable with other sports. There were always big men, but the more skilled, faster guys could beat them. Doesn't happen anymore.

There is no doubt the talent level is falling at heavy. In the past, old guys were the exception. Stories like foreman were mind blowing because of it.

Now, guys that were never that good are still competitive at a late age. The run of guys that were never that good in their prime - like Maskaev, Briggs etc. that were winning belts until Wlad got them sll or Vitaly unretired after waiting for Rahman to get old - just shows the drop off in recent years.
lol, most of the fighters from the 90s era did awful against fighters of 2000s. Maskaev was leveled by Peter. Briggs was beaten easily by Ibragimov, Vitaly and Mccline. Holyfield also lost to Byrd, Ruiz, Ibragimov, Toney etc.. Golota lost vs Ruiz and had a draw with Byrd. If 90s were so much better then even older versions of 90s fighters should at least be competitive with 2000s fighters. But they all got dominated with ease.
That's laughable to think that Vitaly retired because he was scared of Rahman. Rahman was KOed by Maskaev ffs and Vitaly is on totally different level.
Also, are you implying that Klitschkos are just big and got no skills? Then how come Tye Fields or Julius Long are not champions?
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #3292
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

The fact that Hasim Rahman was getting a title shot recently is a ****ing disgrace.

Guys like Rahman, Holyfield (Who should have been retired 20 years ago), Shannon Briggs have gotten title shots paints a crappy picture of what should be the stalwart division.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #3293
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
lol, most of the fighters from the 90s era did awful against fighters of 2000s. Maskaev was leveled by Peter. Briggs was beaten easily by Ibragimov, Vitaly and Mccline. Holyfield also lost to Byrd, Ruiz, Ibragimov, Toney etc.. Golota lost vs Ruiz and had a draw with Byrd. If 90s were so much better then even older versions of 90s fighters should at least be competitive with 2000s fighters. But they all got dominated with ease.
That's laughable to think that Vitaly retired because he was scared of Rahman. Rahman was KOed by Maskaev ffs and Vitaly is on totally different level.
Also, are you implying that Klitschkos are just big and got no skills? Then how come Tye Fields or Julius Long are not champions?
Maskaev didn't win a title in the 90s.
He won one when past his best. Against a 30 odd yr old Rahman. And as for "Peter whacked him". So did a few guys in the 90s. That's why he couldn't evev get a title shot back then.

Briggs didn't win a title when he was somewhere near his best either. Had to beat one of the current crop.

Hell, if I was being mischievous I could say Corrie sanders had to wait until he faced a current fighter before winning a belt. A near prime Rahman was too much for him.

Rahman is still getting shots despite being shot, and 40.

Holyfield at Christ knows what age, shot to shit - could legitimately claim to being robbed of a title recently.

You cannot tell me this shows a healthy crop of young up and comers.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #3294
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
lol, what a load of bullshit. NFL has nothing to do with boxing. Ballerinas are old at 17 lol so what? It's different for every sport. Weight lifters and bodybuilders are competitive at 40.
We are talking about boxing here and not other sports, so please use arguments from boxing and not NFL.
All sports where athletes compete against one another are relevant, you just don't want to admit it because it ruins your pathetic theory that somehow todays heavyweight are physically aging differently than other athletes.

Quote:
The list above that I posted shows the age of HW boxers and clearly they reach prime in mid 30s and start getting old in late 30s and early 40s.
Your list means nothing because you have no chrystal ball to tell you if most will still be fighting in their late 30's, early 40's. Out of your list though it's clearly visable that Vittles, Povetkin and Adamek have all declined compared to their best days. By the way, the average age of your list is just over 31 so YOU cant tell shit by it.

Quote:
Also, if HW talent level would be low wouldn't it mean that they would be less competitive at advanced age? Better athletes, who are always in shape etc, train harder, last longer.
No, it means the division blows because guys only fight 2 or 3 times a year against soft comp allowing them to still be competitive. Take your hero Vitley do right for instance. Do you really think his sorry ass would be competitive now with prime versions of Holmes, Lewis, Tyson, etc.? If you do you're a complete fool.

Quote:
George Foreman fought at 48, so according to you he is a talentless hack? According to your argument Holyfield and Holmes only fought into their 40s because they are talentless and some shit fighter who eats junk food, smokes crack and retires at 30 is talented? lol what an idiot.
Why don't you supply a link to where I've said ANYTHING even resembling these remarks? They're the exception, not the rule. What you're trying to falsley pass off is that todays heavyweights magically age different because there is an older crop of fighters at the world class level. This is easily explained by fighting less and against softer comp more often than not.

Quote:
Actually a lot of the talented boxers fought when they were old. Foreman, Holmes, Holyfield, Jones, Vitaly all had dedication and fought for long time, and fighters with bad training habits and no talent got old pretty quickly.
Good training habbit are without a doubt the key a longer career. But that doesn't stop physical decline that happen to EVERY person on this planet. Heres a couple links to support my case. How about you provide some links that tell how heavyweight boxers are now able to miraculously overcome father time while other athletes cannot?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. How long do world class athletes play their sport?
The average world class athlete retires from his sport at the age of 33. Incredibly, the average NFL player is retired by the age of 28, the average world class wrestler by 24, and the average elite gymnast by 19.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you need more I also found some great articles on how after 30 your lungs dont process oxygen as well anymore which leads to decreased stamina and strength. Of course that doesn't take into consideration PED's, which is a cheat anyways.

Nice schooling you again Spanky!!
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #3295
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Maskaev didn't win a title in the 90s.
He won one when past his best. Against a 30 odd yr old Rahman. And as for "Peter whacked him". So did a few guys in the 90s. That's why he couldn't evev get a title shot back then.

Briggs didn't win a title when he was somewhere near his best either. Had to beat one of the current crop.

Hell, if I was being mischievous I could say Corrie sanders had to wait until he faced a current fighter before winning a belt. A near prime Rahman was too much for him.

Rahman is still getting shots despite being shot, and 40.

Holyfield at Christ knows what age, shot to shit - could legitimately claim to being robbed of a title recently.

You cannot tell me this shows a healthy crop of young up and comers.
BadDog getting owned!!
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #3296
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,920
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Maskaev didn't win a title in the 90s.
He won one when past his best. Against a 30 odd yr old Rahman. And as for "Peter whacked him". So did a few guys in the 90s. That's why he couldn't evev get a title shot back then.

Briggs didn't win a title when he was somewhere near his best either. Had to beat one of the current crop.

Hell, if I was being mischievous I could say Corrie sanders had to wait until he faced a current fighter before winning a belt. A near prime Rahman was too much for him.

Rahman is still getting shots despite being shot, and 40.

Holyfield at Christ knows what age, shot to shit - could legitimately claim to being robbed of a title recently.

You cannot tell me this shows a healthy crop of young up and comers.


That's how you bend a poster over and use your palm to administer a sound bit of discipline to his backside.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #3297
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

Discuss.

Marquez knocking Manny Emmanuel Dapidran out COLD. I don't even know if Manny is awake yet

Or TKO6

Lewis beating Klit.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #3298
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 1276
Default Re: Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #3299
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,597
vCash: 75
Default Re: Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

Lewis' win is clearly more memorable because it gets on the tits of some very annoying posters.
At least the Pactards dealt with it after a day or two of mourning, whereas that other mob are about to celebrate a decade of denial.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #3300
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,188
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

The referee Lou 'the midget' Moret let Lewis away with constant holding around the neck from the 1st round until the stoppage, if that next to useless dick had done his job the cut wouldn't have happened as it was opened in these clinches with Lewis's left arms around Vit's neck. Happened all fight and is illegal, nothing done.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013