boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 AM   #76
JDezi4
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Adrian Broner fans tell me what's suppose to impress me about Broner?

I have no reason to believe he otherwise considering he hasn't been embarrassed yet. The ponce fight was not life or death, and it was a young fighter's big step up... They have off nights, it happens... Name 1 fighter ATG or GOAT that didn't have any off night fights?

Is he a GREAT? No of course not... Does he have potential?? Umm... YEAH!!! Considering his future opposition, Guerrero, Bradley, Matthysse, Garcia, maybe Berto, etc... If they beat him? Than he's not the best of his era, if he beats them... HUGE statement
JDezi4 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #77
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090
Default Re: Adrian Broner fans tell me what's suppose to impress me about Broner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIron View Post
I keep hearing how he's this monster who everyone's afraid of who beats up
everyone and will one day rule 6 divisions.

He goes life and death wih Daniel Ponce de León

Is fighting some 5 foot midget

Ducking the entire 140 by refusing to go up despite the fact he's clearly a 140 fighter.

Leaves himself open to get hit way too much.

Makes retard noises when he swings.

So tell me what's gonna stop someone like Lucas or Garcia at 140...f rom taking his god damn head off the moment he steps up?
I don't even like Broner, but this post is ignorant. Ponce is an EXCELLENT fighter, maybe a Great one. If you couldn't see Broner's class in the win over DeMarco then you DKSAB.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #78
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

he is good but the way some go on you would think he was something special like Prince Naz

he has a lot to prove
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #79
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
he is good but the way some go on you would think he was something special like Prince Naz

he has a lot to prove
naz wasnt special
he was a phenom because he brought PPV to lower weights, but he crumbled against top opposition
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #80
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

In all seriousness, Broner get did get a jump start over most prospects by being a young audacious black guy (let's not kid ourselves--this is marketable in the US), but since then he's given people plenty of reasons in the ring to make onlookers think he's future P4P material. However, there's plenty of justified backlash born of his premature entry into his promoter's official propaganda outlet's P4P rankings.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #81
technocrato
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

The difference between GGG and Broner = Broner is disrespectful and immature.
technocrato is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #82
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
naz wasnt special
he was a phenom because he brought PPV to lower weights, but he crumbled against top opposition

When?

I rememeber him being a special talent who done lots and retired by the age of 26/27, losing only an 8-4 decision to a prime ATG when he was nowhere near his best either mentally or training wise.

Also one of the best Head to head fighters around.

He'd easily be p4p top 2 if in his prime today.
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #83
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
When?

I rememeber him being a special talent who done lots and retired by the age of 26/27, losing only an 8-4 decision to a prime ATG when he was nowhere near his best either mentally or training wise.

Also one of the best Head to head fighters around.

He'd easily be p4p top 2 if in his prime today.
I love Naz but Broner will go down greater than Naz when all's said and done, he's a far more complete fighter.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:38 AM   #84
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Broner is good boy
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #85
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIron View Post
I keep hearing how he's this monster who everyone's afraid of who beats up
everyone and will one day rule 6 divisions.

He goes life and death wih Daniel Ponce de León

Is fighting some 5 foot midget

Ducking the entire 140 by refusing to go up despite the fact he's clearly a 140 fighter.

Leaves himself open to get hit way too much.

"Makes retard noises when he swings."

So tell me what's gonna stop someone like Lucas or Garcia at 140...f rom taking his god damn head off the moment he steps up?
The retarded noises remark one had me dying but so true it's as bad as devon grunting if not worse.As for ducking 140lbs can't honestly blame anybody who thinks that, the guy easily rehydrates up to 150lb+ he has admitted this numerous times & even boasts about being much bigger than his opponents(147lb Guerrero included).Talented/skilled no doubt just vastly over hyped.6 divisions? ....never that.Should've started @ 135lb or 140lb & moved up to as highest 154 considering he has the frame.But started @ 130lb even though struggling making weight.Has clearly stated he will only go up to 147lb,doesn't want to test the waters @ 154lb one day like his idol floyd.Not overly impressed like some of these clowns though,don't know what the hoopla is all about .
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #86
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 529

All signs at this stage point to him having good power, an instinct to end fights, defensive speed, an iron chin, and an active and impressive fight schedule. Litzau and Eloy KO's are good examples of the first two.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #87
Bullitt
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porprock View Post
serioius speed, ko power, super confidence, likeable charisma, and he's a killer, loves to close down a hurt opponent. I like watching Floyds skillset, but Jr doesn't take enough risks to finish his opponents. Winning is everything to him. Broner is willing to take the risk to finish because he believes in himself more than Floyd believes in himself. Another person who I used to wish would finish more often is Roy jr, I don't think Roy thought that he couldn't finish people, he was just sadistic and played with the mouse like a cat would. Broner is similar, just likes a dead mouse at the end of his game
Let's see how many "risks" Broner takes when he moves all the way to 147
Bullitt is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #88
Bullitt
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box702 View Post
The retarded noises remark one had me dying but so true it's as bad as devon grunting if not worse.As for ducking 140lbs can't honestly blame anybody who thinks that, the guy easily rehydrates up to 150lb+ he has admitted this numerous times & even boasts about being much bigger than his opponents(147lb Guerrero included).Talented/skilled no doubt just vastly over hyped.6 divisions? ....never that.Should've started @ 135lb or 140lb & moved up to as highest 154 considering he has the frame.But started @ 130lb even though struggling making weight.Has clearly stated he will only go up to 147lb,doesn't want to test the waters @ 154lb one day like his idol floyd.Not overly impressed like some of these clowns though,don't know what the hoopla is all about .
Canelo weighs 168 on fight night...

Should he be fighting at 160

Broner is not the only fighter by far rehydrating...

Cotto...Oscar...Rios...ect ect ect

Don't just single out one guy
Bullitt is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #89
Bullitt
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
In all seriousness, Broner get did get a jump start over most prospects by being a young audacious black guy (let's not kid ourselves--this is marketable in the US), but since then he's given people plenty of reasons in the ring to make onlookers think he's future P4P material. However, there's plenty of justified backlash born of his premature entry into his promoter's official propaganda outlet's P4P rankings.
Ah yes...

Black guys get all the love in America

At least Broner isn't some 30 y/o paper champ or some middle-aged robot.
Bullitt is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #90
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Boxers aren't marketed to the general American public, troll.
gobblock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum