Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky giving Ogogo a lot of coverage. Will they sign a deal with Goldenboy?

No way, Sky have other priorities, with boxing probably last they they currently show & have just bought the NBA rights!
smegmaa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 650
Default Re: Sky giving Ogogo a lot of coverage. Will they sign a deal with Goldenboy?

Well I would like to see Sky coming into boxing again full time. They will keep Khan and if Khan is fighting under the Golden Boy UK brand then I think for Sky the way forward is to do a deal with SKY. It will also help Eddie Hearn to have Sky hooking up with Golden Boy as they might be able to get some of Hearns fighters on Golden Boy cards be it in the US to help Hearn do better more shows from the UK. I will be interested to see who Khan goes with when he fights again. As Primetime didnt work Sky have come back in again to support him or BT . I think in a ideal world Sky would love to have all of the best UK boxers on there programs.
leighton is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
No way, Sky have other priorities, with boxing probably last they they currently show & have just bought the NBA rights!
The NBA rights have been bought for a pittance. It's possible that Golden Boy partner up with Matchroom for some of their shows so obviously those would be on Sky.

It's worth remembering that Golden Boy only want to run four shows a year in the UK.
I Shot JR is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
broomy

His debut will be on Khan card in April which will be on sky. Pretty obvious really.
broomy is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #20
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

They are on about him fighting 8 times this year 4 in the uk and four in the us so it will be interesting if he'll be on the bills of big US cards or headline small Friday night Goldenboy shows.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
AndyPaterson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffmybadger View Post
I was thinking that. Surely Matchroom wouldn't allow that
the **** have Matchroom got to do with it.

they have a deal and have no say on who Sky show.
AndyPaterson is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafflad26 View Post
They are on about him fighting 8 times this year 4 in the uk and four in the us so it will be interesting if he'll be on the bills of big US cards or headline small Friday night Goldenboy shows.
If managed correctly Ogogo could become a star on both sides of the atlantic very early on, shame I don't rate him that highly, although Gavin was a standout amateur and he's done little of note in 4-5 years.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #23
FatherTed
Throbbing Member
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPaterson View Post
the **** have Matchroom got to do with it.

they have a deal and have no say on who Sky show.
I'd imagine they have a lot of leverage over sky's boxing content given how much Sky Sports lean on Matchroom to fill their schedules with shite like fishing, ten pin bowling, snooker, darts etc. Otherwise you'd have 1-2 sky sports channels showing nothing but repeats 24/7.
FatherTed is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherTed View Post
I'd imagine they have a lot of leverage over sky's boxing content given how much Sky Sports lean on Matchroom to fill their schedules with shite like fishing, ten pin bowling, snooker, darts etc. Otherwise you'd have 1-2 sky sports channels showing nothing but repeats 24/7.
oi, nowt shite with darts lad.
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherTed View Post
Without Matchroom, or any boxing promoter, Sky sports still make money hand over fist. Without Sky Sports Matchroom's nothing, they'd be in town halls. The power lies completely with Sky, unless a terrestrial chanel gets involved.
Larryboys is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum