Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
List the fighters and rate the wins of fighters with a better resume at 130 then.
Still waiting. Show us all the other better resumes that prove Floyd isn't an ATG at 130.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #32
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Again, this proves what?? How can a man, thats drained, fight at the very same weight class for several more years??? Thats nothing more than a cop-out excuse...If he was drained as you guys try to imply, he would have very well moved up instantly instead of fighting drained at the weight class. PERIOD.
What did he come in at for his next fight?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #33
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
What did he come in at for his next fight?
Irrelavant...What weight division did he fight at for the next year and half\ two??

If he was so drained, why did he fight Joel at this very same weight almost 2 years later??? Your argument holds no weight given he'e competed at that class for years afterwards...You guys are truly trying to push your bias agenda...A man that is drained (as you guys are constanly trying to imply) would not drain himself if he couldnt make the weight.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #34
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

I'm sorry you are so angered by the truth but according to the video, he had been having difficulty making weight for the previous 3 fights. Assuming he got some help with the diet and what not later on, its possible he was not at his best against Mayweather for that fight, but later with some nutritional help, he was able to make the weight more comfortably.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
I'm sorry you are so angered by the truth but according to the video, he had been having difficulty making weight for the previous 3 fights. Assuming he got some help with the diet and what not later on, its possible he was not at his best against Mayweather for that fight, but later with some nutritional help, he was able to make the weight more comfortably.
I love how you try to downplay this by saying others are angered...Not really, its more of you trying to lie about something so petty.

Nice way to deflect your insecurities.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Irrelavant...What weight division did he fight at for the next year and half\ two??

If he was so drained, why did he fight Joel at this very same weight almost 2 years later??? Your argument holds no weight given he'e competed at that class for years afterwards...You guys are truly trying to push your bias agenda...A man that is drained (as you guys are constanly trying to imply) would not drain himself if he couldnt make the weight.
You do have a point and perhaps we had better methods by the time this fight came around that helped him.
Either way you cant deny whats said in that video.... Hypocritical? Maybe no doubt about it doesnt make sense. But hey nothing ever does in boxing especially the argument that Floyd was an ATG at 130.
Those names sure as **** dont spell that out even at 135 there is really only one name worth anything on his resume and at 140 its laughable.
This is what happens when you avoid all the fights the public wants to see, they will pick apart your resume, History wont be kind to Floyd but you already know that
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #37
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
The way you quoted my comment is an absolute joke. Learn how to quote people.

Genaro looked very strong in the fight against Mayweather, Mayweather was just on a different class. He was also very strong a year up to the fight against Mayweather.

I give ODLH huge credit for the Genaro win even though Genaro had to put on 3lbs for that fight. I rank ODLH one spot above Money in ATG rankings btw.

Ok Mini...I have Mayweather beating Chavez, Arguello, Nelson etc.

Of course it's just my opinion, what else can it ever be? Jheez!
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 162

Quote:
Diego was visibly drained in that fight, the whole story leading up to that fight was if Diego was going to make weight.

That's why he went on to fight and win a world title off of Casamayor at that same weight class a couple years later...
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #39
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Quote:
I love how you try to downplay this by saying others are angered...Not really, its more of you trying to lie about something so petty.

Nice way to deflect your insecurities.
Again, I'm sorry you are so angered that you need to project falsehoods about me but its what the video said so I am just the messenger. Anyone watching that fight can see Corrales was a zombie.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #40
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Diego was visibly drained in that fight, the whole story leading up to that fight was if Diego was going to make weight.
I don't know about the weight but that ass whoopin was truely visible.
Manfred is online now  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #41
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Give it a break RJJFan, Diego got beat fair and square and stayed at 130.
Diego was coming off of great KO wins from Juuko, Gainer and Manfredy.
If it's true that he had weight issues, it doesn't mean he'd get owned as much as he did against Money.
Let's be honest here, Diego never had a chance against Mayweather, even if he felt as great as one can feel.
anj is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #42
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

From my experience most people don`t consider floyd the greatest ever at 130, they consider Arguello the greatest at 130 (& I`m one of those people)

There are a few that think he`s H2H the best at 130 (I`m not one of those people, I`ve got Chavez beating him)
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #43
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 162

Alexis Arguello @ 130
W TKO13 Alfredo Escalera, won WBC title from him
W TKO5 Rey Tam
W KO1 Diego Alcala
W UD15 Arturo Leon
W KO13 Alfredo Escalera II
W TKO11 Rafael Limon
W TKO7 Bobby Chacon
W TKO11 Ruben Castillo
W TKO5 Rolando Navarette

Floyd Mayweather Jr. @ 130
W RTD8 Genaro Hernandez, won WBC title and lineal championship from him
W TKO2 Angel Manfredy
W UD12 Carlos Rios
W KO9 ****** Juuko
W RTD7 Carlos Gerena
W UD12 Gregorio Vargas
W TKO10 Diego Corrales
W UD12 Carlos Hernandez
W RTD9 Jesus Chavez

I go with Mayweather here, but it is certainly close and a worthwhile debate.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #44
PJ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
[u]

Floyd Mayweather Jr. @ 130
W RTD8 Genaro Hernandez, won WBC title and lineal championship from him
W TKO2 Angel Manfredy
W UD12 Carlos Rios
W KO9 ****** Juuko
W RTD7 Carlos Gerena
W UD12 Gregorio Vargas
W TKO10 Diego Corrales
W UD12 Carlos Hernandez
W RTD9 Jesus Chavez

I go with Mayweather here, but it is certainly close and a worthwhile debate.
Pathetic if folks think this is #1 atg @ 130
PJ is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #45
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

resume wise, I don't think he's the best. Most people say H2H he's the best there. I think Chavez would give him a hell amount of trouble though. If they fought 4 times I could see Floyd winning twice, a draw and a Chavez win

I think he beats Arguello at the weight though
bballchump11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum