boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Simply stayed down and got counted out even though he could have gotten up. Why'd he quit?

Of course Arguello is a legend and RIP. But why did he stay down? He wasn't even hurt.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Simply stayed down and got counted out even though he could have gotten up. Why'd he quit?

Of course Arguello is a legend and RIP. But why did he stay down? He wasn't even hurt.
He was at the end of his career & he was hurt, of course he was hurt, he knew his time was up & he didn`t have what it took at that point in his career to beat a prime Pryor. I`m sure you know this though but just in case you didn`t you do now.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
He was at the end of his career & he was hurt, of course he was hurt, he knew his time was up & he didn`t have what it took at that point in his career to beat a prime Pryor. I`m sure you know this though but just in case you didn`t you do now.
Then why did he take the fight?

I think he shoulda at least fought on... it was a great match till then. He wasn't even badly hurt.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

You would quit to if you had been in there with a fighter who was on some speed and had padding removed from his gloves...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
You would quit to if you had been in there with a fighter who was on some speed and had padding removed from his gloves...
Nah

Arguello isn't someone who quits, Pryor must have beat him senseless.

It's just weird to see.

He was so heartless that fight, shame.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nah

Arguello isn't someone who quits, Pryor must have beat him senseless.

It's just weird to see.

He was so heartless that fight, shame.
Like I said you already know from fight 1 that something was mixed into Pryors drink, you know the history regarding resto, no reason to rule out anything right, I mean once a cheat you can simply question every single accomplishment.

Any fighter that worked with Panama Lewis can be questioned and should be I think he felt that plaster and the padding removed from the gloves thats why he quit
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Arguello was not "heartless". Have you seen the Escalera bouts? Olivares? Did you even watch the first Pryor fight, where he absorbed a ridiculous amount of punishment through 14 rounds? Arguello was at the tail-end of his career. He had many tough, hard fights under his belt, he just knew he couldn't beat Pryor that night. He gave it a hell of an effort but it just wasn't there.

RIP Champ.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Like I said you already know from fight 1 that something was mixed into Pryors drink, you know the history regarding resto, no reason to rule out anything right, I mean once a cheat you can simply question every single accomplishment.

Any fighter that worked with Panama Lewis can be questioned and should be I think he felt that plaster and the padding removed from the gloves thats why he quit
Panama Lewis wasnt in his corner in the 2nd fight.
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
Panama Lewis wasnt in his corner in the 2nd fight.
and he wasnt in Judahs corner either but that doesnt mean he didnt work with him
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
and he wasnt in Judahs corner either but that doesnt mean he didnt work with him
You think Steward would do something or have apart in cheating.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

The damage was already done. The result of the rematch does not in any way clear Aaron Pryor.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
You think Steward would do something or have apart in cheating.
I think Pryor like Resto knew what Lewis was about and I dont put it past Pryor to cheat again sorry once a cheat always a cheat lets stay on the same page here
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well I think Pryor just broke him and he knew if he got up he was going to get hurt.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

The black bottle thing was just that, starch + water. He didn't cheat in ANY WAY. They didn't find ****.

Please stop with the accusations.

He even said in the post fight interview "I wasn't very hurt, but I didn't want to risk my life"

Then why box? I'll never understand. That's just a lack of heart imo.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
The black bottle thing was just that, starch + water. He didn't cheat in ANY WAY. They didn't find ****.

Please stop with the accusations.

He even said in the post fight interview "I wasn't very hurt, but I didn't want to risk my life"

Then why box? I'll never understand. That's just a lack of heart imo.
Your opinion is dog ****.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum