Sorry, mistake!

Last edited by Amazing one; 01-20-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Amazing one is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
Amazing one

vCash: 500
Default Re: Roman Martinez to bully Burgos tonight

Martinez is crude, but watchable. Shame for Burgos if robbed, surely a rematch?
Amazing one is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #18
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
so I take it you don't know the result PTF?

ley that smiley be no indicator of how the fight went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Burgos did his part, but you got screwed over by incompetent (or even corrupt) judges man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgeronimous View Post
It was a robbery. Burgos won the fight fairly clearly IMO. Martinez was struggling to cope with the body shots, and it told.
That was a ****ing robbery!
It wasn't anywhere near as close as the silly old Colonel made out,but I tell you,I could smell a bad call coming.
And I'm back in the cardboard box area of vSkid Row...AGAIN!
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #19
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
vCash: 1000

Brutal robbery. Incompetence can't be the reason, it was too one sided. Corruption is the only logical conclusion.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #20
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm ****ing sick of having disgraceful vcash because of **** judging and bad calls.I had Salido to go over and Burgos to win.Garcia ****ing bottled it because Siri was closing him down and I was in line for a right few quid on a single line if he'd pulled it off.

Boxing is starting to make the SPL and SFA look like shining examples of how to successfully run a sport.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #21
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

I dont know what fight you guys were watching, but IMO? Martinez did enough to shade it. It was an exciting enough fight and both guys had their moments, but for three quarters of the fight it was Martinez chasing Burgos down, & when he got the mexican on the ropes, he was having success. Add to that the fact Martinez couldnt miss when he threw left crosses/hooks, the champ did enugh to hold onto his title.

Dont get me wrong, Burgos had his moments too, but too many rounds he switched off to get a breather, HBO's commentary was awful! Im thinking anyone who watched that fight and are shouting robbery were influenced by the commentary team & the usual Lederman awful scorecard.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #22
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Your opinion Dunky but for once i disagree totally. Burgos did a job on the lad. I'd say he actually matched the job Burns did on Martinez if not more. Sadly judges screwed the poor lad.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

PTF i didn't like way Garcia pulled out at the time either, Next day i was more understanding but then i thought about it a little more and came to same conclusion.

It reminded me a little of Calderon vs Mayol I when Mayol was troubling Calderon and they opted for a way out with cut. I don't like way fighters do that, I sensed Robert wanted a way out. Not to say Garcia would of lost but to me he didn't give himself a chance to show his minerals in those pressure moments as Salido pressed for a comeback of comebacks!.

I think Garcia would of clung on, He was showing a little more expression and taking some shots but think he'd of done it but your right mate wasn't the way to end the fight but they felt it was they needed to do.

Not keen on Robert Garcia TBH..
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Your opinion Dunky but for once i disagree totally. Burgos did a job on the lad. I'd say he actually matched the job Burns did on Martinez if not more. Sadly judges screwed the poor lad.
Over the pond, the aggressor historically has always been slightly favoured over the pure boxer in fights, rightly or wrongly. And imo Martinez was his usual come forward all guns blazing self, & it counted in a place that favours that sort of thing!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Over the pond, the aggressor historically has always been slightly favoured over the pure boxer in fights, rightly or wrongly. And imo Martinez was his usual come forward all guns blazing self, & it counted in a place that favours that sort of thing!
Yep normally that's the norm then again Burgos spent a fair amount of time smashing Martinez ribcage to bits. If that's aggression i don't know what is man.

The judges are a joke, they score for the pure boxer one fight then score aggression the next. For me there's more to it then just boxing a lot of the time. Sad to say..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #26
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yep normally that's the norm then again Burgos spent a fair amount of time smashing Martinez ribcage to bits. If that's aggression i don't know what is man.

The judges are a joke, they score for the pure boxer one fight then score aggression the next. For me there's more to it then just boxing a lot of the time. Sad to say..
fair point Skills my good man, Burgos definitely had his moments. However, after the first few rounds Burgos got dragged into a slugging match, into Martinez territory. IMO? first 4 rounds, Burgos shaded it. next 4? Martinez turned it into his fight.

Last 4? both men had their moments as fatigue kicked in & both fighters landed some big shots, although I do admit Burgos had Martinez wobbled, but enough to rip a belt from a champion on neutral turf? It was too close for me to take a champs title away.

Team Burgos are going crazy for an immediate rematch, they should be careful what they wish for! If you cant beat a nutcase first time around, you should stay well away.

The late great Vernon Forrest vs Mayorga immediately springs to mind!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #27
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
fair point Skills my good man, Burgos definitely had his moments. However, after the first few rounds Burgos got dragged into a slugging match, into Martinez territory. IMO? first 4 rounds, Burgos shaded it. next 4? Martinez turned it into his fight.

Last 4? both men had their moments as fatigue kicked in & both fighters landed some big shots, although I do admit Burgos had Martinez wobbled, but enough to rip a belt from a champion on neutral turf? It was too close for me to take a champs title away.

Team Burgos are going crazy for an immediate rematch, they should be careful what they wish for! If you cant beat a nutcase first time around, you should stay well away.

The late great Vernon Forrest vs Mayorga immediately springs to mind!
I'd fancy Burgos to stop Martinez in a rematch Dunky. I think he hurt him a few times. Once wobbled the legs and the body onslaughts done him.

I had him winning comfortably although i hear ya with regards to him letting Martinez into proceedings he did let Martinez back into fight in middle rounds but always felt he won the rounds.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #28
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 44000

Even if it became "more Martinez's type of fight" that doesn't automatically mean the rounds go his way. You don't just suddenly toss out the entire set of scoring criteria because one guy is imposing his preferred style on the other.

If Burgos is dragged into slugging with Martinez but still lands cleaner and more effective punches while still maintaining the better ring generalship, effective aggression and defense, the round still goes his way even if he's looking comparatively more ragged than in the rounds where he's keeping it a civilized boxing match.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #29
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Even if it became "more Martinez's type of fight" that doesn't automatically mean the rounds go his way. You don't just suddenly toss out the entire set of scoring criteria because one guy is imposing his preferred style on the other.

If Burgos is dragged into slugging with Martinez but still lands cleaner and more effective punches while still maintaining the better ring generalship, effective aggression and defense, the round still goes his way even if he's looking comparatively more ragged than in the rounds where he's keeping it a civilized boxing match.
in my opinion though, & the judges opinions, Burgos WASNT controlling the fight the way he was meant to be doing according to this thread. Rocky isnt a household name, wasnt fighting in front of a partizan home crowd backing him, so the judges werent influenced. This fight was as neutral as it comes.

I hate to say it guys, but the only people influenced were you it seems, by an HBO team with a history of bad calls. To say Burgos dominated the fight? Try watching a fight without the commentary team telling you how to think, thats my advice. ALWAYS think twice.

Dunky McCafferty, over & out.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #30
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

I've always found the best way to score a fight is to do so without obviously being under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
Goyourownway is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum