Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Your opinion is dog shit.
It's ok. Nothing was ever found.

And you're just a MAB nuthugger and tries to justify MAB ducking Floyd. It's ok, go cry some more.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
recycling
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Arguello is a quitter simple as that no wonder his suicide ain't no surprise he quit life as well
recycling is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
Arguello is a quitter simple as that no wonder his suicide ain't no surprise he quit life as well
Too far, let's not talk about his life.

He did however quit though in the 2nd fight vs Pryor, wrong but I guess forgivable since he gave us so many great fights.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #19
Back Hand Slap
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

MVC I am starting to think you are just against any human being in some deranged way that isn't black. How can you make such accusations about a true warrior. Lets see your idol Floyd take a beating from a young up and comer when he's past prim and see what he does. You're a disgrace.
Back Hand Slap is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Hand Slap View Post
MVC I am starting to think you are just against any human being in some deranged way that isn't black. How can you make such accusations about a true warrior. Lets see your idol Floyd take a beating from a young up and comer when he's past prim and see what he does. You're a disgrace.
? You're a dumbass.

I'm in no way a racist and would never discriminate against any race.

That being said, I bash on Duran/SRL for the things they did, along with Manny/Floyd/Klits. That's Black/White/Asian.

Arguello QUIT in the 2nd fight.

I'm simply stating a fact. If you don't like it, then **** right off.

I said Arguello is a warrior and deserves all the respect he gets. But he did indeed quit, that's a fact that remains.

So it's ok for you guys to make fun of Ortiz/Klit for quitting but it's not ok for me to state a truth (Arguello quitting)? What is that?

It's ok to make fun of modern day fighters but not ok to make fun of past greats?
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #21
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

He was at the end of his career he didnt have it anymore after that knockdown you could just see it slump out of him, not a lack of heart just wanting to be there for his family ect, he knew he was retiring after that fight and no need to take extra damage against a guy you know you cant beat anymore
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
He was at the end of his career he didnt have it anymore after that knockdown you could just see it slump out of him, not a lack of heart just wanting to be there for his family ect, he knew he was retiring after that fight and no need to take extra damage against a guy you know you cant beat anymore
It just doesn't seem like something a champion would do. You would never see Floyd quit like that.

Floyd would always get up and always puts everything on the line, even his life in every fight.

Even if Floyd fought the Klits in there and got knocked down, I'm sure he would get up and keep fighting. That's what I think.

I believe Arguello shoulda toughed it out in there.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #23
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Not lack of heart, just a very smart fighter. He had 24 rounds to figure out how to beat Pryor and the second fight was even more an uphill battle than the first. He stayed down because he knew there was nothing he could do. Pryor was too fast and young and stronger at 140. Yet Arguello is rated higher in the ATG in my mind.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5920

MVC is always good for a
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

To question the heart of arguello is wrong you should be ashamed
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Not lack of heart, just a very smart fighter. He had 24 rounds to figure out how to beat Pryor and the second fight was even more an uphill battle than the first. He stayed down because he knew there was nothing he could do. Pryor was too fast and young and stronger at 140. Yet Arguello is rated higher in the ATG in my mind.
The thing is... If Floyd is knocked out today by a younger/fresher/faster guy, everyone would bash him non stop 24/7 even though Floyd is past his prime/legs somewhat gone, etc. Floyd is 36...

Arguello was only 30 at the time, he had something left. It wasn't like he was completely shot. He even said in the post fight conference "I wasn't that hurt, I didn't want to risk my life." It just makes it seem like he was there for a paycheck.

I don't think we'll ever see Floyd quit like that. Just saying.
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #27
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Arguello is greater than Floyd so is Pryor thats why nobody blames him, how do you know Floyd wont back away hes never been in a fight like Arguello Pryor 1 or 2 we dont know how he will react
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #28
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Arguello is greater than Floyd so is Pryor thats why nobody blames him, how do you know Floyd wont back away hes never been in a fight like Arguello Pryor 1 or 2 we dont know how he will react
What does THIS have to do with anything I just said.

Are you just saying this out of desperation?

You just gotta give Floyd the benefit of the doubt, he has shown to be resilient, and never gives up.

And Floyd ranks ahead of both in ATG rankings.

So you're saying. It's ok to quit as long as you're known and have been in great fights? That's such a shit mindset man. Like I said before, Arguello should have fought it out. He even said "I wasn't that hurt, I didn't want to risk my life"
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
Synthetic Decay
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

He was mentally done, he quit.

He was at the end of his career and felt that he didn't want to risk sustaining permanent injury.

99% fighters lose the spark at some point, it's transient, he had been through a lot in his career and it was the end of the road.
Synthetic Decay is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #30
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Too much MVC,Too much man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycling View Post
You really must be desperate for some love and attention flower.
At least MVC can troll with humour,albeit a tad misguided.
PityTheFool is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum