Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #31
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Too much MVC,Too much man.

You really must be desperate for some love and attention flower.
At least MVC can troll with humour,albeit a tad misguided.
It's not being misguided, it's simply stating facts. Even though some of the things I say, others may not agree with. W/e.
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #32
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918
Default Re: Why did Arguello quit in the 2nd fight against Pryor? Is it a lack of heart?

Probably quit because he realized after going down that he couldn't beat Pryor and that he never would.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #33
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Arguello is greater than Floyd so is Pryor thats why nobody blames him, how do you know Floyd wont back away hes never been in a fight like Arguello Pryor 1 or 2 we dont know how he will react
Pryor is NOT greater than Mayweather on an all-time ranking list.

He'd give Mayweather a hell of a fight H2H, maybe beat him, but in no way is he greater historically.
Thread Stealer is online now  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #34
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post
Pryor is NOT greater than Mayweather on an all-time ranking list.

He'd give Mayweather a hell of a fight H2H, maybe beat him, but in no way is he greater historically.
So many nuthuggers on this site with no knowledge of ATG rankings. Floyd after Canelo/Guerrero goes up to 20-25. Deal with it, haters.

If he adds Pac to that list, 15?
MVC is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #35
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
What does THIS have to do with anything I just said.

Are you just saying this out of desperation?

You just gotta give Floyd the benefit of the doubt, he has shown to be resilient, and never gives up.

And Floyd ranks ahead of both in ATG rankings.

So you're saying. It's ok to quit as long as you're known and have been in great fights? That's such a shit mindset man. Like I said before, Arguello should have fought it out. He even said "I wasn't that hurt, I didn't want to risk my life"
It was knowingly his last fight he just didnt have it anymore once he was knocked down that last time, why should he risk his life one fight away from retiring, and i dont know what your talking about when has Floyd ever had to show the kind of heart that Arguello did ?
Theron is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #36
ross
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Honestly they're all human no matter how great in their primes. Once the fire is gone it's gone. Sometimes it's mental other times it can be physically , doesn't matter because to be on that level everything has to be on point. Arguello certainly didn't lack heart in his prime which is when I base my opinion on any fighter.
ross is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #37
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit
vCash: 500

Tried his best,put up a hell of an effort but ultimately knew that the fight was slipping away from him and thought best to pack it in before taking anymore punishment.After the way Pryor finished him off in their first fight,I don't blame him.

Boxing fans are so obsessed with this notion that only cowards quit.It's a long-running,puerile stigma in this sport that should have died out a very long time ago.It's a dangerous enough sport as it is - you don't play games and gamble with your health in situations like that.The ref can only do so much to protect you.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #38
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
The thing is... If Floyd is knocked out today by a younger/fresher/faster guy, everyone would bash him non stop 24/7 even though Floyd is past his prime/legs somewhat gone, etc. Floyd is 36...

Arguello was only 30 at the time, he had something left. It wasn't like he was completely shot. He even said in the post fight conference "I wasn't that hurt, I didn't want to risk my life." It just makes it seem like he was there for a paycheck.

I don't think we'll ever see Floyd quit like that. Just saying.
Alexis was a warrior who fought everyone he could and took chances. There is a difference which is no insult on Floyd, but Alexis did fight them all. Yeah Floyd is 36 this year, 4 years older than Duran was when he lost to Hearns, yet people try to say Duran was old when he fought Hearns, yet Roberto was the champion of the WBA at the time at 154. But Pryor was just a great fighter, and I don't think Floyd has fought a hungry young champion like a Pryor yet. Arguello came back in 1986 and fought Billy Costello and won by knockout, but Costello was not as good as Pryor.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #39
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

MVC, you were able to spell Arguello correctly. I'm impressed.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #40
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Tired, a beaten man, too long a career. Some people wanna see a dude fight until they die to prove they have "heart".
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #41
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why is MVC still allowed on this site?

Boring, predictable, trolling threads.

Just opening up the general forum and seeing his name as the OP on about 10 threads.

(Clicks on address bar, leaves forum)
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #42
Derrick_Rose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Hand Slap View Post
MVC I am starting to think you are just against any human being in some deranged way that isn't black. How can you make such accusations about a true warrior. Lets see your idol Floyd take a beating from a young up and comer when he's past prim and see what he does. You're a disgrace.
this

This ****er rides every slick dick in the sport
Derrick_Rose is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #43
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think he he realized that he gave Pryor everything he had... The punches that put him down in the tenth, hurt him. Not as devastating as in the first fight. But, I think he just knew he had nothing left and no answers for Pryor. Given all the wars Arguello, fought ( and there were many) I think it`s reasonable that het gets a break on this one. Had he gotten up he was going to get sreriously hurt, like the way he got pounded out in the first one...As for recycling comment, totally classless...
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #44
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Alexis was a warrior who fought everyone he could and took chances. There is a difference which is no insult on Floyd, but Alexis did fight them all. Yeah Floyd is 36 this year, 4 years older than Duran was when he lost to Hearns, yet people try to say Duran was old when he fought Hearns, yet Roberto was the champion of the WBA at the time at 154. But Pryor was just a great fighter, and I don't think Floyd has fought a hungry young champion like a Pryor yet. Arguello came back in 1986 and fought Billy Costello and won by knockout, but Costello was not as good as Pryor.
Great post... Arguello was gunning for his 4th belt against a true champ.
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #45
Skins
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Alexis got off the floor twice in the 2nd Pryor fight. Got knocked down again by a brutal barrage and knew he was used up and couldn't win so he took the count. No shame in that and it is certainly not quitting.
Skins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum