Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #61
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
arguello at 130? really? He had a short career at 130, as short and as similar as pac's career at 130. Mayweather dominated 130 division for 5 years and established himself as the best at 130
3 years, 8 defenses, a few non title fights. Much more than Pac. In fact those numbers are fairly similar to Floyds...
LittleRed is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #62
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Alright Mayweather Fanboys... How does this equate to the greatest 130 of all tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
You would have a point but you classed Corrales as a good win and the same for Chavez. That's dumb and you're dumb.

Opinion void.
So how should those two wins be classed as??......I say the Corrales win was great given the one sided ass whooping it was on Floyd's part and same for the Hernandez win, the Chavez win is a "very good" win in my opinion...
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #63
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
So how should those two wins be classed as??......I say the Corrales win was great given the one sided ass whooping it was on Floyd's part and same for the Hernandez win, the Chavez win is a "very good" win in my opinion...
I agree. I would class Hernandez and Chavez both as very good wins. Chavez being a slightly better win.

Fortaleza is great and you could class Hernandez same the same. "Very good" at gbe least.

****ing new age Floyd haters try to discredit and trash good fighters just to bad mouth Floyd and they never even seen those fights.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #64
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
Super Feather was not a contested division in his day. He had fights at or around 130, but dose not have a better resume than Mayweather at the weight. Great fighter and a three weight champion, but not at 130.
He was over 126 and under 130 for a good number of his fights, with opponents in the same weight category (or above). And his resume at the weight is as good as pretty much any fighter who landed in that weight category, Mayweather included.

That said, it wasn't an established weight class at the time, hence the emoticon, because he was never "officially"() a junior lightweight.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #65
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
I agree. I would class Hernandez and Chavez both as very good wins. Chavez being a slightly better win.

Fortaleza is great and you could class Hernandez same the same. "Very good" at gbe least.

****ing new age Floyd haters try to discredit and trash good fighters just to bad mouth Floyd and they never even seen those fights.
Yeah, and it's not like his over Famaso, Manfredy, or Vargas were bad or anything. About the only fights that he had at the weight that were questionable were Gerneo, Rios, and Juuko...And all three of those fighters happened to be rated in the Top 10 at the time.

Top to bottom, it's a pretty good run at the weight. The drop-off in terms of quality isn't nearly as precipitous as some other 130lb champions.

Last edited by Drew101; 01-22-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #66
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
He was over 126 and under 130 for a good number of his fights, with opponents in the same weight category (or above). And his resume at the weight is as good as pretty much any fighter who landed in that weight category, Mayweather included.

That said, it wasn't an established weight class at the time, hence the emoticon, because he was never "officially"() a junior lightweight.
He was never officially a junior lightweight because he was a jazz musician, Drew. He played the trumpet for ****s sake.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #67
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post

I don't see anyone Armstrong beat at 127-130 who is noticeably better than Mayweather did.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #68
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
He was never officially a junior lightweight because he was a jazz musician, Drew. He played the trumpet for ****s sake.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #69
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
I don't see anyone Armstrong beat at 127-130 who is noticeably better than Mayweather did.
Benny Bass, Baby Arizmendi, Chalky Wright and maybe Juan Zaurita are all probably better names to have on a resume than Chico or Chicanito. Belloise was a good scalp to take, too.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 AM   #70
Man_Machine
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Alexis Arguello has the best record at 130.
Man_Machine is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #71
DKD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 670

Nelson had a good run at 130, some decent wins.

Pacquiao has better wins than Floyd at 130.

Chavez was better, I think, just didn't stay long enough at the weight.

It's close, it could be Floyd I suppose, but I prefer Arguello.
DKD is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #72
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Alexis Arguello @ 130
W TKO13 Alfredo Escalera, won WBC title from him
W TKO5 Rey Tam
W KO1 Diego Alcala
W UD15 Arturo Leon
W KO13 Alfredo Escalera II
W TKO11 Rafael Limon
W TKO7 Bobby Chacon
W TKO11 Ruben Castillo
W TKO5 Rolando Navarette

Floyd Mayweather Jr. @ 130
W RTD8 Genaro Hernandez, won WBC title and lineal championship from him
W TKO2 Angel Manfredy
W UD12 Carlos Rios
W KO9 ****** Juuko
W RTD7 Carlos Gerena
W UD12 Gregorio Vargas
W TKO10 Diego Corrales
W UD12 Carlos Hernandez
W RTD9 Jesus Chavez

I go with Mayweather here, but it is certainly close and a worthwhile debate.
Escalera >>>>>>> anyone on Floyd's 130lbs resume.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #73
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Arguello, Floyd and Nelson all seem to be mentioned a lot more often than Chavez.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #74
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

I'd pay a lot to see PBF vs Nelson
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #75
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

He's not

Arguello and Nelson have a real claim
KO KIDD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum