boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #196
DoctorIron
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

People talk down about Golota now because he never lived up to potential.


The truth of the matter was that Golota coming off beatings delivered against Rid**** Bowe was a slight favorite against Lewis.
At best the fight was a 50/50 or 60/40 to Lewis.

Nobody predicated that was going to be a ko1, and that Lewis literally took him to school within one round.


When was the last time Wlad or Vitali took someone as dangerous as Prime Golota out in one round?

Golota showed a great jab, beautiful combinations, good footwork, good boxing skills, great power, and good counter punching abilities in his career leading up to Lewis.

Just because Lewis ruined guys like Golota, Grant, Tua don't mean we should under appreciate what they truly were.
DoctorIron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 AM   #197
DoctorIron
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Lewis in his 15th pro fight fought 35-0 Champion Gary Mason. Who was known as a deadly ko Artist and his record matched that claim. 99% KO Ratio.




Vitali in his 15th fight fought Alben Belinski. Who wasn't even a real boxer.

The guy had five fights at the time he fought Vitali and finished his career with 9 total fights.
The guy was an account and actually boxed for fun.

Wlad in his 15th fight was fighting some 17-37 journeyman.
(ironically in his 24 or 25th fight another journeyman beat him)
DoctorIron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #198
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 509
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic Decay View Post
Shot Tyson, substantially faded holy and Klit, which was even. Yeah the former could potentially be better.
Pulev and Povetkin will never be as good as that 'faded' version of Holyfield.
ElCep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #199
DoctorIron
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Anybody who don't consider that version of HOlyfield elite is a fuking moron.

8 Years after Holyfield fought Lewis.. he arguably beat that 7 foot behemoth.


He was very much still elite when Lewis dominated him and won 17 of 24 rounds.

Whatever was LEFT in terms of elite status was beaten out of him by Lennox's big right hand.



****ing haters hating on Lennox have an agenda and they know what it is. I'm sorry that Lewis didn't get to have the same paint job as the Klitschko brothers.
DoctorIron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #200
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCep View Post
Pulev and Povetkin will never be as good as that 'faded' version of Holyfield.
bUT byrd and Haye maybe even Ibragimov are
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #201
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorIron View Post
Anybody who don't consider that version of HOlyfield elite is a fuking moron.

8 Years after Holyfield fought Lewis.. he arguably beat that 7 foot behemoth.


He was very much still elite when Lewis dominated him and won 17 of 24 rounds.


Whatever was LEFT in terms of elite status was beaten out of him by Lennox's big right hand
.



****ing haters hating on Lennox have an agenda and they know what it is. I'm sorry that Lewis didn't get to have the same paint job as the Klitschko brothers.
Yeah sure..., how convenient for you to say that.
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #202
Man_Machine
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

This question doesn't deserve more than a page of comment. Why are we still here?

Lewis is many, many times better, greater, superior than either Klitschko. Beat the face off Vitali (when out of condition and disinterested). Wlad will never look good because he has no one to look good against and was beaten by Sanders, who was under the mentoring of Lewis. Wlad has been beaten by anyone, who is remotely world class and now fights cans to keep the money and his pathetic legacy rolling.

The names Povetkin, Fury and Pulev don't add anything more to his legacy than the last 20+ fights he's had. They are not world class and certainly do not deserve a mention in comparison to the resume of Lewis.
Man_Machine is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #203
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Lewis does have a better win then anything on Wlads resume, and that win is Vitali.

That version of Holyfield he beat, probably wont be top 3 on Wlad's resume in terms of prowness.
Name and recognition? yes...but in terms of ability and risk, that Holyfield doesnt come close to Vitali.


IF you want to make a case for Lewis having superior wins to Wlad. then frankly, Holyfield shouldnt be your first choice of reason.
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #204
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 17,602
vCash: 673
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Wladimir's wins over Byrd X2, Peter X2, Chagaev, Haye, Ibragimov, Chambers, Brewster II, Brock, Thompson X2, and Mercer are nowhere near Lennox's amazingly superior list of Holyfield X2, Vitali, Ruddock, Tyson, Tua, Bruno, Tucker, Golata, Rahman II, Morrison, Grant and McCall II.

Absolutely no case in hell could be made for either Klitschko over Lennox. None. The proof is in the pudding. And it would take several more years at least for Wladimir to come into debate at his current going. Just to throw out an idea, I'd say an ideal yet somewhat ever so slightly remotely possible finish for Wladimir would go something like this, with the hopes that the opponents remain unbeaten until my accompanied date: 2013- Povetkin, Pulev, 2014- Fury, Wilder, Cunningham, 2015- Jennings, Price, 2016- Haye II, retire at 67-3.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #205
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
Lewis does have a better win then anything on Wlads resume, and that win is Vitali.

That version of Holyfield he beat, probably wont be top 3 on Wlad's resume in terms of prowness.
Name and recognition? yes...but in terms of ability and risk, that Holyfield doesnt come close to Vitali.

IF you want to make a case for Lewis having superior wins to Wlad. then frankly, Holyfield shouldnt be your first choice of reason.
Vitali was just the icing on the cake of an already illustrious career.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Holyfield win is superior to any singular win on Wladimir's resume. He was the lineal champion. Cael you have some weird logic; Terms of Ability & Risk? Holyfield was still of the elite at that particular time it just so happened that Lewis beat him in impressive fashion both outings.

Only Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes beat more rated Heavyweight contenders/champions.

Great Heavyweights vs Top 10 Opposition (sorted by wins):

Muhammad Ali: 32-5
Joe Louis: 30-3
Larry Holmes: 20-5
Lennox Lewis: 15-2-1
Mike Tyson: 13-4
Rocky Marciano: 11-0
Evander Holyfield: 11-7-2
Joe Frazier: 10-4
Sonny Liston: 8-4
George Foreman: 7-5
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #206
JediPimp007
Long suffering reader
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
i know MVC is trying to bait a reaction from kli****s

But seriously speaking now, Wladimir already has a more impressive and longer reign then Lewis.

The reason why Lewis still is widely regarded as a greater HW, is because of his wins over Fields and Tyson who were by that point significantly lesser fighters then in their prime.

Wladimir doesnt have those big names in his resume, and for some reason he also rubs ppl. the wrong way which reflects on the anti-klitschko sentiment that persists on this forums.
Oh come on, even the shot to hell version of Tyson that Lewis beat is still FAR better than anyone Wlad has on his resume. The only thing the Klits will be remembered for is being dominant over the weakest ever HW era in boxing history. 90% of the guys they have faced don't even enter the ring in fighting shape.
JediPimp007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #207
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediPimp007 View Post
Oh come on, even the shot to hell version of Tyson that Lewis beat is still FAR better than anyone Wlad has on his resume. The only thing the Klits will be remembered for is being dominant over the weakest ever HW era in boxing history. 90% of the guys they have faced don't even enter the ring in fighting shape.

The 80's were a weaker era, you had better Americans and obviously Tyson but didn't have any Eastern Europeans. Overall the 80's were worse. As far as 02 Tyson being better than anyone on Wlad's resume, irrelevant as Wlad KO's that Tyson anyway. And he struggled a bit with the likes of Nilesen and Botha, so I doubt he walks through Peter, Byrd, Haye or Inbragimov. In fact he might get KO'd.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #208
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediPimp007 View Post
Oh come on, even the shot to hell version of Tyson that Lewis beat is still FAR better than anyone Wlad has on his resume. The only thing the Klits will be remembered for is being dominant over the weakest ever HW era in boxing history. 90% of the guys they have faced don't even enter the ring in fighting shape.

..you must be either re****ed or a troll.
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #209
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
The 80's were a weaker era, you had better Americans and obviously Tyson but didn't have any Eastern Europeans. Overall the 80's were worse. As far as 02 Tyson being better than anyone on Wlad's resume, irrelevant as Wlad KO's that Tyson anyway. And he struggled a bit with the likes of Nilesen and Botha, so I doubt he walks through Peter, Byrd, Haye or Inbragimov. In fact he might get KO'd.
The 80's was a weak era because of drugs. The contenders then were far more talented though.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #210
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ballz Deep
Posts: 1,694
vCash: 811
Default Re: If Vitali or Wlad beats Pulev/Povetkin/Fury, will he rank above Lennox Lewis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
Vitali was just the icing on the cake of an already illustrious career.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Holyfield win is superior to any singular win on Wladimir's resume. He was the lineal champion. Cael you have some weird logic; Terms of Ability & Risk? Holyfield was still of the elite at that particular time it just so happened that Lewis beat him in impressive fashion both outings.

Only Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and Larry Holmes beat more rated Heavyweight contenders/champions.

Great Heavyweights vs Top 10 Opposition (sorted by wins):

Muhammad Ali: 32-5
Joe Louis: 30-3
Larry Holmes: 20-5
Lennox Lewis: 15-2-1
Mike Tyson: 13-4
Rocky Marciano: 11-0
Evander Holyfield: 11-7-2
Joe Frazier: 10-4
Sonny Liston: 8-4
George Foreman: 7-5
yeah that win of lennox over Holyifeld was soooo superior to everything Wlad ever done that holyfield went on to get schooled by Wlad's leftover.


...and im the one who has the weird logic.
Cael is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015