Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #31
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655
Default Re: Wilder = A KO Waiting to Happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post

Buddy, when I turned 13, Muhammad Ali was still HW champ!
And he means during the first title reign.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 AM   #32
Tman6t9
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 300

I'd like to see him against Price or Fury, just to see if any of them have truly glass jaws. They're all suspect, but none of them have really been in a position to get tested yet.
Tman6t9 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #33
SamO408
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Nick View Post
Show some respect for fighters. You're a glass jaw, fat **** old scumbag.
Zakmans old lady put him on queer street with a range finding jab

Leave it to a true china chin **** to mock fighters. Pathetic
SamO408 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #34
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross View Post
Ever seen tony galento? u never know who can pop.
Your comparing Tony Galento a man whose weight fluctuated between 220-240lbs, fought the likes of Joe Louis & Max Baer and finished his career with a record of 80-26-5 to Dustin Nichols a man who usually fights at 400-450lbs with a record of 4-7-0 and has fought absoleutly nobody?
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #35
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber View Post
True that being overweight doesn't mean you can't punch, infact the extra weight probably adds to the power if you have decent speed, like Arreola or Ruiz Jr.

But Wilder should naver have been caught with the punch in the first place. He is reckless and is there to be hit. Maybe it's because he's facing opponents he could KO blind folded and just has no fear.

I think Wilder has natural ability but is being poorly handled. He's learning nothing by facing guys like Greer.

Some would say he is taking a lot of hate, I would say the pressure is mounting for him to step up. If he keeps facing no hopers then the pressure will keep building for him to step up.

He's in his 5th year as a pro, at 27 is in his physical prime and has had 27 fights. He should have stepped up 10 fights ago but hasn't his career is in a holding pattern until he can prove he can fight beyond this level.
It looks like Wilder's consistently poor opposition have led to him becoming ****y and overconfident in his abilities at the expense of learning basic fundamental skills. Rather than showboating and leaping around the ring against guys he could KO in his sleep he should be working on tightening up his shots, improving his footwork, sorting out his defence, things like that. He can't do this because his opponents are so overmatched that they fall down at the slightest touch. Because of this, twenty seven fights in he still has horrendous flaws that will be exploited by the first live body he meets.

The more he continues to fight no hopers, the older he gets and the more ingrained such bad habits become. When he ever does fight someone who can take advantage of his flaws it will come as a big shock to him, and probably come too late to really fix. Better to find out you limitations early so you can work on them while you still can.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #36
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Wilders credentials could be worse.The glass chinned fraud could be promoted by 50 cent.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #37
Guybino
Contender
ESB Senior Member

im more concerned that he will never actually step up, any of the top 20 current HW smash him.
Guybino is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #38
kh80290z
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
It looks like Wilder's consistently poor opposition have led to him becoming ****y and overconfident in his abilities at the expense of learning basic fundamental skills. Rather than showboating and leaping around the ring against guys he could KO in his sleep he should be working on tightening up his shots, improving his footwork, sorting out his defence, things like that. He can't do this because his opponents are so overmatched that they fall down at the slightest touch. Because of this, twenty seven fights in he still has horrendous flaws that will be exploited by the first live body he meets.

The more he continues to fight no hopers, the older he gets and the more ingrained such bad habits become. When he ever does fight someone who can take advantage of his flaws it will come as a big shock to him, and probably come too late to really fix. Better to find out you limitations early so you can work on them while you still can.

totally agree with this, i have also noted the show boasting, i dont mind if he does it beating a top contender, he needs to focus in developing his skills
kh80290z is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #39
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Only a matter of time before Wilder gets Chinned and the ChinCheckers will be here to discuss it when it happens.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #40
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

he may be chinny and his record may be padded, but, lets enjoy the ride there. if and when he gets knocked out, u guys can have your gin and juice and we can have a nice ko reel. i still think there is some potential there. he is fast, he has power and his defense is improving. wlad didnt have a great chin either but he is the best hw in the world right now. if deontay continues to play his cards right, he could get there. goldenboy knows he doesnt have much experience in boxing and his chin aint great, but, they could try their best to get him to the promise land either way they can for him. i hope he gets there. its been a while since we had a great american hw champ rule. i miss those days terribly
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #41
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
he may be chinny and his record may be padded, but, lets enjoy the ride there. if and when he gets knocked out, u guys can have your gin and juice and we can have a nice ko reel. i still think there is some potential there. he is fast, he has power and his defense is improving. wlad didnt have a great chin either but he is the best hw in the world right now. if deontay continues to play his cards right, he could get there. goldenboy knows he doesnt have much experience in boxing and his chin aint great, but, they could try their best to get him to the promise land either way they can for him. i hope he gets there. its been a while since we had a great american hw champ rule. i miss those days terribly
Believe it or not I don't actually want to see Wilder get beaten up by some scrub. I want to see him improve to the point where he can legitimately mix it with the top guys and fulfil whatever potential is there. But you can't fast track someone to a title or hold them back till legitimate threats are no longer part of the picture, and then expect them to magically become great. Greatness is earned, not manufactured.

Golden Boy are shite promoters who are ****ing Jonty's career up big time and he needs to leave them ASAP if they don't make big strides in furthering his career by the end of this year. This might sound like a truism but they simply don't have his best intentions at heart.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #42
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Your comparing Tony Galento a man whose weight fluctuated between 220-240lbs, fought the likes of Joe Louis & Max Baer and finished his career with a record of 80-26-5 to Dustin Nichols a man who usually fights at 400-450lbs with a record of 4-7-0 and has fought absoleutly nobody?

I know. Ridiculous isn't it?? But this is what the Wilder nuthuggers have to do to prop up this FRAUD'S reputation.

Wilder is a JOKE, and a glass jawed joke at that.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #43
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Believe it or not I don't actually want to see Wilder get beaten up by some scrub. I want to see him improve to the point where he can legitimately mix it with the top guys and fulfil whatever potential is there. But you can't fast track someone to a title or hold them back till legitimate threats are no longer part of the picture, and then expect them to magically become great. Greatness is earned, not manufactured.

Golden Boy are shite promoters who are ****ing Jonty's career up big time and he needs to leave them ASAP if they don't make big strides in furthering his career by the end of this year. This might sound like a truism but they simply don't have his best intentions at heart.
Well said, both points.

As I've said before, I think GBP has to be willing to throw some money into this, to actually LOSE money on a few fights in order to get Wilder the opposition he needs. Right now, the only way to get a decent fighters to face him is to give those fighters a huge payday, guaranteed. (think of it as a retirement bonus.)

Evidently, they aren't willing to do this.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #44
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Well said, both points.

As I've said before, I think GBP has to be willing to throw some money into this, to actually LOSE money on a few fights in order to get Wilder the opposition he needs. Right now, the only way to get a decent fighters to face him is to give those fighters a huge payday, guaranteed. (think of it as a retirement bonus.)

Evidently, they aren't willing to do this.
I don't think so. There are plenty of tough journeymen who'd be more than willing to step in with Wilder for a relative pittance. These guys would take him rounds and give him an arena in which to properly test out his skills. Guys like Dominick Guinn or Sherman Williams. Not massive names, but guaranteed to stick in there longer than four rounds at the least. Who knows, even take him to a points decision!

He needs to be willing to lose his worthless 100% KO ratio in order to improve. Putting him in with no hopers at this stage is becoming detrimental.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I don't think so. There are plenty of tough journeymen who'd be more than willing to step in with Wilder for a relative pittance.
Says you. Have you actually offered them the fight for a pittance?

Didn't think so.

Now back to reality .....
Cableaddict is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum