Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 527 80.21%
False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #3301
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,363
vCash: 1551
Default Re: Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

In 3 years time TKO6 would be renamed NC6 when Lewis finally admits the "docter" was on his payroll





(I'm just joking)
dyna is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #3302
H .
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 218
Default Re: Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

Ktfo6
H . is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #3303
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 1119
Default Re: Which result is more memorable? KTFO6 or TKO6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
At least the Pactards dealt with it after a day or two of mourning, whereas that other mob are about to celebrate a decade of denial.
The pactrash brigade have shifted gears. Now instead of posting about how incredible their hero is, they try to degrade every other boxer seen as an "enemy", which is typically just Floyd or JMM.

They are still around, although in much less volume. So refreshing.

KTFO6 more memorable for me. Never before has a fraud been exposed on such a grand scale.

I wonder what would have happened if Lewis/Klit went the full 12.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #3304
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
The referee Lou 'the midget' Moret let Lewis away with constant holding around the neck from the 1st round until the stoppage, if that next to useless dick had done his job the cut wouldn't have happened as it was opened in these clinches with Lewis's left arms around Vit's neck. Happened all fight and is illegal, nothing done.
Klittard moaning about a fighter holding.

LOL
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #3305
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Klittard moaning about a fighter holding.

LOL



Away and find some soap ya clown. Lewis was allowed more license in that fight than the BBC gets in a year.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #3306
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,925
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Away and find some soap ya clown. Lewis was allowed more license in that fight than the BBC gets in a year.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #3307
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

This thread is gold.
I've only just realised nearly 10 years on a NEW excuse has been created.

I missed the "Lewis' gloves were missing padding" a few pages back.

Brilliant.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #3308
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Away and find some soap ya clown. Lewis was allowed more license in that fight than the BBC gets in a year.
With all piss-taking removed, I think it was good to see a fight where the ref allows the fighters to punch and fight their way out of those situations. It's a bit of a lost art in heavies IMO.
Now they just sort of flop into a clinch and stand there aimlessly.

This wasn't a Michael Grant - hold the neck and uppercut - style holding. Both guys were doing it, but only one was fighting during it.

In the late rounds Vittles was doing all the holding.

More guys should punch in clinches. Would have been a better tactic for Haye than that awful collapso thing he did to try and stop Wlad clinching.

Steward spoke after the fight about how sneaking the right hand down in a clinch for the quick uppercut was something they'd worked on in the past.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #3309
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
This thread is gold.
I've only just realised nearly 10 years on a NEW excuse has been created.

I missed the "Lewis' gloves were missing padding" a few pages back.

Brilliant.
Lol, yeah that was a classic for sure. Pretty soon it will be "Lewis had a nail in his glove".
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #3310
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

[quote=JAB5239;14616332]
Quote:


All sports where athletes compete against one another are relevant, you just don't want to admit it because it ruins your pathetic theory that somehow todays heavyweight are physically aging differently than other athletes.



Your list means nothing because you have no chrystal ball to tell you if most will still be fighting in their late 30's, early 40's. Out of your list though it's clearly visable that Vittles, Povetkin and Adamek have all declined compared to their best days. By the way, the average age of your list is just over 31 so YOU cant tell shit by it.



No, it means the division blows because guys only fight 2 or 3 times a year against soft comp allowing them to still be competitive. Take your hero Vitley do right for instance. Do you really think his sorry ass would be competitive now with prime versions of Holmes, Lewis, Tyson, etc.? If you do you're a complete fool.



Why don't you supply a link to where I've said ANYTHING even resembling these remarks? They're the exception, not the rule. What you're trying to falsley pass off is that todays heavyweights magically age different because there is an older crop of fighters at the world class level. This is easily explained by fighting less and against softer comp more often than not.



Good training habbit are without a doubt the key a longer career. But that doesn't stop physical decline that happen to EVERY person on this planet. Heres a couple links to support my case. How about you provide some links that tell how heavyweight boxers are now able to miraculously overcome father time while other athletes cannot?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. How long do world class athletes play their sport?
The average world class athlete retires from his sport at the age of 33. Incredibly, the average NFL player is retired by the age of 28, the average world class wrestler by 24, and the average elite gymnast by 19.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you need more I also found some great articles on how after 30 your lungs dont process oxygen as well anymore which leads to decreased stamina and strength. Of course that doesn't take into consideration PED's, which is a cheat anyways.

Nice schooling you again Spanky!!
How is that schooling if you can go to boxrec or the ring and view the ages of current boxers and most of them just start getting into the mix when they are over 30. You proved that NFL fighters are old past 30, so what? You lost the argument long time ago.
I also follow soccer and most soccer players are old at 28(no matter bad or good players), how does it relates to boxing?
Also, number 8 actually proves my point, that athletes age differently in every sport. Not sure why you wrote that, just to humiliate yourself even more? I think you just copied it from my post, cause I wrote the same thing to prove you wrong. You are obviously mentally challenged or something like that.

here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #3311
BobTheBuilder
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK (from CUBA orginally)
Posts: 1,331
vCash: 630
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

A nice cup of _____________

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Peter ___________________________

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

___________ my god! You killed Kenny

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

BBC news at ____________ O'Clock
BobTheBuilder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #3312
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

[quote][quote=BadDog;14620365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
How is that schooling if you can go to boxrec or the ring and view the ages of current boxers and most of them just start getting into the mix when they are over 30. You proved that NFL fighters are old past 30, so what? You lost the argument long time ago.
It's a schooling because you have no response to the point that the division is softer and the fact fighters fight less often and against softer comp much of the time. Its this that allows them to compete longer, not some magical potion that lets todays heavies hit their prime later.

Quote:
I also follow soccer and most soccer players are old at 28(no matter bad or good players), how does it relates to boxing?
Also, number 8 actually proves my point, that athletes age differently in every sport. Not sure why you wrote that, just to humiliate yourself even more? I think you just copied it from my post, cause I wrote the same thing to prove you wrong. You are obviously mentally challenged or something like that.

here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
It doesn't relate to boxing, it relates to human beings. As I've stated, the body doesn't stop aging because someone boxes. And you've been caught lying now if you say that you wrote number 8 and it proves you didn't even bother reading the links I supplied because I copy and pasted it from that.

By the way, still waiting for you to provide a link saying boxers age differently than other athletes. Whats the hold up?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #3313
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

I use to work with individuals with "special needs" so i can emphasize with the klitllickers . . . actual ****'em TKO 6!
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #3314
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:

It's a schooling because you have no response to the point that the division is softer and the fact fighters fight less often and against softer comp much of the time. Its this that allows them to compete longer, not some magical potion that lets todays heavies hit their prime later.
lol so a bad soccer player will be able to play when he is 40 and a good one will retire at 28? are you serious?
p.s. saying that division is weak is not a fact. It's your opinion only and you are basing your whole argument on your biased and subjective opinion. Not to mention that if the division was weak, then competition would not be softer. If all the fighters are weak then it would be difficult for them to win fights anyway, right?

Example, weak fighter would struggle against another weak fighter as much as a strong fighter would struggle against another strong fighter. So they would receive same amount of damage.

so there goes your whole argument.


Quote:
It doesn't relate to boxing, it relates to human beings. As I've stated, the body doesn't stop aging because someone boxes. And you've been caught lying now if you say that you wrote number 8 and it proves you didn't even bother reading the links I supplied because I copy and pasted it from that.
go to previous pages and I even used same examples to prove how ages are different for every sport. You just pasted my own examples
Quote:
By the way, still waiting for you to provide a link saying boxers age differently than other athletes. Whats the hold up?
Um.. the link is in the quoted text above, there you go again lol
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You also provided various links which prove that athletes age differently in every sport.

are you serious or you are that dumb? Maybe you so dumb that you don't even realize how dumb you are lol

Last edited by BadDog; 01-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
BadDog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #3315
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
lol so a bad soccer player will be able to play when he is 40 and a good one will retire at 28? are you serious?
p.s. saying that division is weak is not a fact. It's your opinion only and you are basing your whole argument on your biased and subjective opinion. Not to mention that if the division was weak, then competition would not be softer. If all the fighters are weak then it would be difficult for them to win fights anyway, right?

Example, weak fighter would struggle against another weak fighter as much as a strong fighter would struggle against another strong fighter. So they would receive same amount of damage.

so there goes your whole argument.


go to previous pages and I even used same examples to prove how ages are different for every sport. You just pasted my own examples
Um.. the link is in the quoted text above, there you go again lol
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You also provided various links which prove that athletes age differently in every sport.

are you serious or you are that dumb? Maybe you so dumb that you don't even realize how dumb you are lol
If used that example it just proves me right. And you have still provided no link that heavyweights prime later than all other athletes. This is common sense, you just don't have any.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013