Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Kell Brooks Comeback fight
emallini is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
doggyland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: London
Posts: 343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
Pretty much I think but clashes with Champions League final already at Wembley, the other date was 27th April @ MEN which hasn't been mentioned that much..

02 holds like 11k more than Wembley and will be sold out

If HBO/Sho want the time - which obviously one will & Eddie has said they've been talking to an American broadcaster then it will probably be late because of the American interest & how much money they pay for it - Haye-Enzo was like 3am I think

I was at Haye - Enzo , can't remember the time it started so it must have been late! I know it was March 2008 though.

Thanks mate
doggyland is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
byron87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North London.
Posts: 352
vCash: 75
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Dieon jumah (spelling?) will definatley be on the undercard against a journeyman.
byron87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: @miguelredders
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 756
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Idiotic planning, if champo league goes to pens, nobody is gonna see any of it!
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
Idiotic planning, if champo league goes to pens, nobody is gonna see any of it!
Yep, if Gareth Davies' article in the telegraph is right, starting at 11pm then nobody will see the start of the fight or any of the undercard..pretty stupid if it's on 25th
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #21
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

if it goes to pens they'll just delay the fight, it'll probably be schedulled a fair bit later than the match anyway to allow for 1 or 2 undercard fights to be shown after the football ends.

dont worry Eddie wont be bothered about the hardcore boxing fans (who dont care about the match) or the people at the event, when he can pander to the casual fan who wants to watch the match first.
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebishop View Post
if it goes to pens they'll just delay the fight, it'll probably be schedulled a fair bit later than the match anyway to allow for 1 or 2 undercard fights to be shown after the football ends.

dont worry Eddie wont be bothered about the hardcore boxing fans (who dont care about the match) or the people at the event, when he can pander to the casual fan who wants to watch the match first.
So don't watch it.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #23
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: @miguelredders
Posts: 4,716
vCash: 756
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
Yep, if Gareth Davies' article in the telegraph is right, starting at 11pm then nobody will see the start of the fight or any of the undercard..pretty stupid if it's on 25th
They are up to something IMO.

They will have dates in front of them, so why pick champo league final night?

Something we are not seeing?

Maybe playing the everybody will be having a good drink watching footy card, and fancy a bit of boxing after the match?

Last edited by miguel2010; 01-23-2013 at 01:59 PM.
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
They are up to something IMO.

They will have dates in front of them, so why pick champo league final night?

Something we are not seeing?

Maybe playing the everybody will he having a good drink watching footy card, and fancy a bit of boxing after the match?
I've looked & the 02 is fully booked for every saturday other than the 25th [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What andrebishop says is right, it'll be set out for 2 undercard fights after the final & then the main so it will probably be a late one in there! As the final is on sky sports as well it would bring other 'casual' viewers who are interested!
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Thinking about it now lads...

The CL final will be on either Sky Sports 1 or 2.

KO is 19:45-21:30 for ex + trophy celebration etc bring programme time to say 10.15

Eddie won't let it clash, therefore cannot be on normal SS2 at the same time - (Davies says 11) - never going to happen as it'll be a big card & will want exposure..

So either the programme for Froch-Kessler will start at 10.15/10.30 + build up, 3 undercard fights or could be more...therefore probably minimum time would be at 1am start time (most likely)

Or..

It's on Sky PPV & clashes with the final - ring walk @ 11 - with lots of casual fans missing out as the public say football > boxing. This would lose huge revenue & a waste of time for Barney Francis & Adam Smith...

Or..

Sky PPV at for ex 1am after final which would also lose interest & revenue of the casual fan therefore I think the first is most likely! BOOM!
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:12 AM   #26
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
Frampton vs Quigg
Ochieng vs Smith
Yafai vs Ward
Rees vs Murray

the thread states "realistic"
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #27
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
Thinking about it now lads...

The CL final will be on either Sky Sports 1 or 2.

KO is 19:45-21:30 for ex + trophy celebration etc bring programme time to say 10.15

Eddie won't let it clash, therefore cannot be on normal SS2 at the same time - (Davies says 11) - never going to happen as it'll be a big card & will want exposure..

So either the programme for Froch-Kessler will start at 10.15/10.30 + build up, 3 undercard fights or could be more...therefore probably minimum time would be at 1am start time (most likely)

Or..

It's on Sky PPV & clashes with the final - ring walk @ 11 - with lots of casual fans missing out as the public say football > boxing. This would lose huge revenue & a waste of time for Barney Francis & Adam Smith...

Or..

Sky PPV at for ex 1am after final which would also lose interest & revenue of the casual fan therefore I think the first is most likely! BOOM!

Eddie won't let it clash?

what if the game goes to extra time and penalties?!
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #28
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
So don't watch it.
don't watch? I'm going to it, as a big Froch fan I'm not missing this for anything still doesn't mean i have to be happy that Hearn/Sky will and do put the 'casual' fans first.
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: Realistic undercard for Froch-Kessler 2

theres talk of Bute's WBC title fight being on the undercard.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013