boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Question Will Ricky Burns duck Adrien Broner if they both win the next fights they have?

The fight will be the first thing out of peoples mouths. It will be unavoidable for both fighters, we all know Adrien Broner wasnt the problem in making this fight in the first place. Ricky Burns and his team were. They didnt want it, for whatever reason, Ricky clearly said they didnt want it, and - "Everyone knows why"

Anyway, I dont want to start a war, so lets give Ricky the benefit of the doubt, so moving on...So providing Burns beats Vazquez, and Broner beats Rees, the obvious fight to make will FINALLY be Burns vs. Broner. Surely?

But if Ricky Burns beats Vazquez and holds two belts, will he refuse the fight unless it happens over here? Or will he and his management team totally duck Broner and look to make other fights instead?

If they both come through, the fight would be at an inevitable stage, and unavoidable. The top two fighters in the division, but will it happen? We have seen this before, and seemingly massive fights have not happened, or have happened well past the sell by date.

I personally dont think this fight will be made if both fighters win the next fight, because Burns and his team will claim the whole 2 belt thing (so predictable) and instead of seizing the moment and having the fight in the new Mecca of Bahxing, Las Vegas. (A dream for any fighter!) Its THE big time. And would be Ricky's first taste and "arrival" fight!

But, I dont even think the Burns vs. Vazquez fight is a forgone conclusion. I reckon "my boy" Broner will destroy Rees, but Ricky is in a 70/30 fight, and I can see Vazquez taking it on points.

That poses another question: Will a loss for Ricky Burns increase the chances of a Burns-Broner fight happening? Will Ricky snap their hands of if offered it again in that sort of position? Out of desperation?

Thoughts.....
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736
Default Re: Will Ricky Burns duck Adrien Broner if they both win the next fights they have?

Burns doesn't need Broner if he wins, Vazquez is more of a test than Broner
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Will Ricky Burns duck Adrien Broner if they both win the next fights they have?

fairplay you spout some **** you lad. 'my boy broner'. ****ing weapon.
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamR21 View Post
Burns doesn't need Broner if he wins, Vazquez is more of a test than Broner
Well I guess boxing is all about opinions, I guess, but I cant agree though mate. Whilst Vazquez is a decent fight and a decent fighter in his own right. Adrien Broner is on another level compared to these bums (thats how Broner sees the "competition") similar to Tyson Fury like that.

The thing is though, he might have a point.

If Ricky Burns beats Miguel Vazquez, Morrison will be ****ing over two belts and using it to try and get Broner in Glasgow.

As if the money team are gonna do that. Its Las Vegas or nout. And Ricky and his team should be jumping at the opportunity to fight in the big time. Win or lose, Ricky can say he was involved in a big fight and a bigger event. Even if he loses, he will capture more fights in the US. It's win-win.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

If both win then Broner needs to lose the may 4th planned date in order to gate Burns.

No way Burns accepts it that soon after Vazquez and thus no fight will happen.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Amazing one

Pointless replying as I've used two threads now to debate Burns/Broner/Vasquez, I'm curious as to why Ricky has these massive problems with Vasquez movement and jab, when he has a great jab and footwork too but Broner is leagues above, with slower feet, wide stance and when walking down doesn't always come in behind jab.

How come Broner makes easy work of Vasquez but not Burns. What what it's worth, I think if both win the fight will happen but if Broner fights in May, it will be Autumn or Winter showdown. Ricky has said, he's not afraid to lose.

If Broner is real deal and wins, Ricky having had 2 belts and won titles in 2 divs will have earned respect thus leading to other big fights a la Froch. I think Ricky wants the big fights, and I'm excited to see how things progress.

Broner is excellent but not unbeatable
Amazing one is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Well I guess boxing is all about opinions, I guess, but I cant agree though mate. Whilst Vazquez is a decent fight and a decent fighter in his own right. Adrien Broner is on another level compared to these bums (thats how Broner sees the "competition") similar to Tyson Fury like that.

The thing is though, he might have a point.

If Ricky Burns beats Miguel Vazquez, Morrison will be ****ing over two belts and using it to try and get Broner in Glasgow.

As if the money team are gonna do that. Its Las Vegas or nout. And Ricky and his team should be jumping at the opportunity to fight in the big time. Win or lose, Ricky can say he was involved in a big fight and a bigger event. Even if he loses, he will capture more fights in the US. It's win-win.
If Burns beats Vazquez though I would rank him ahead as I feel he is better than anyone on Broner's resume by a considerable margin. Broner is arrogant but in all honesty noone can call Vazquez a bum, if they know boxing

I agree though the fight would make more money in Vegas but I think it will be a better event in Scotland or even London
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

If Ricky wins his fight he is the number 1 lightweight in the world and if the fight happens, it happens on HIS terms.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
miguel2010
His hands are his weapons
ESB Addict

vCash: 756

**** me, you are blatantly trying to get a rise out of Billy, give it a rest FFS.

If Broner offered you out would you take the fight in 7 weeks time?

I knw I wouldnt.

Fact is if Ricky beats Vazquez he is in a great spot for negotiations.
miguel2010 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel2010 View Post
**** me, you are blatantly trying to get a rise out of Billy, give it a rest FFS.

If Broner offered you out would you take the fight in 7 weeks time?

I knw I wouldnt.

Fact is if Ricky beats Vazquez he is in a great spot for negotiations.
F*ck am I! Stop trying to ruin another thread by starting something that aint there. I am fine with Billy Nelson.

Did you miss the bit where I said.....and I quote.

Quote:
Anyway, I dont want to start a war, so lets give Ricky the benefit of the doubt, so moving on...
Maybe you should phone up your primary school to see if you can get back in for reading lessons? As usual, you just pick and chose a bit, and then assume that I'm trying to get a rise out of Billy Nelson.

You are WRONGLY mistaken.

Thanks for commenting anyway.

Considering Ricky has never had that sort of offer on the table before, and it would have been the biggest fight of his career, one that everybody was calling for. 7 weeks is ample amount of time to prepare for Adrien Broner. Anyway, Billy Nelson was so confident a couple weeks back, he said to me, he is "100% confident that Ricky will beat Broner, anytime, anyplace, anywhere."

Ricky should have jumped at the chance of that fight. Who's to say the opportunity never comes around again! 7 weeks would have been perfect, he is in great shape, and Billy said, "a fitter fighter you will see not this side of the pond" and he should know!.....But they didnt want the fight! And I defended both Billy and Ricky from the attacks on here about "ducking" Broner. But obviously his management did.

But hey ho.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Craney Craney Craney the difference between Ricky and Broner is Ricky has the ***** to fight in Broners home town,Broner needs daddy beside him and all at GBP to kiss his **** for his feel good factor.
Ricky WILL beat Broner when they meet beleive me.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #12
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

If Ricky holds two belts then it's a fair shout that for him to think he's entitled to have the fight here in the UK. It could sell out a 10,000 seat arena in the UK and it probably wouldn't draw much more than that if it was in the USA. There's only a few American fighters who are genuine draws and despite all his hype I'm not sure Broner is one of those quite yet. I think it's unfair for people to say Burns isn't a draw here in the UK, he may not be a Ricky Hatton or a David Haye but I think he could sell out any 5000-10,000 seat arena and maybe even 20,000 if it was in Scotland.

Just because Broner has Golden Boy and a load fanboys on the internet doesn't mean that he should call all the shots in the negotiations, Ricky should only agree to go the US if they offer a him a **** LOAD of money. Otherwise Broner needs to come here if he really wants it.

Last edited by PaulieMc; 01-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
MyName
Simon Adebisi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7331

I'm sure if Burns wins he will be offered a ****load of money.

And while I don't know how many tickets he sells9altough I'm sure he could sell out a x number arena in Cincinatti now) he does very good numbers on tv ratings.
MyName is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
Leaf Cutter Ant
I CUT LEAVES
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
The fight will be the first thing out of peoples mouths. It will be unavoidable for both fighters, we all know Adrien Broner wasnt the problem in making this fight in the first place. Ricky Burns and his team were. They didnt want it, for whatever reason, Ricky clearly said they didnt want it, and - "Everyone knows why"

Anyway, I dont want to start a war, so lets give Ricky the benefit of the doubt, so moving on...So providing Burns beats Vazquez, and Broner beats Rees, the obvious fight to make will FINALLY be Burns vs. Broner. Surely?

But if Ricky Burns beats Vazquez and holds two belts, will he refuse the fight unless it happens over here? Or will he and his management team totally duck Broner and look to make other fights instead?

If they both come through, the fight would be at an inevitable stage, and unavoidable. The top two fighters in the division, but will it happen? We have seen this before, and seemingly massive fights have not happened, or have happened well past the sell by date.

I personally dont think this fight will be made if both fighters win the next fight, because Burns and his team will claim the whole 2 belt thing (so predictable) and instead of seizing the moment and having the fight in the new Mecca of Bahxing, Las Vegas. (A dream for any fighter!) Its THE big time. And would be Ricky's first taste and "arrival" fight!

But, I dont even think the Burns vs. Vazquez fight is a forgone conclusion. I reckon "my boy" Broner will destroy Rees, but Ricky is in a 70/30 fight, and I can see Vazquez taking it on points.

That poses another question: Will a loss for Ricky Burns increase the chances of a Burns-Broner fight happening? Will Ricky snap their hands of if offered it again in that sort of position? Out of desperation?

Thoughts.....
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Leaf Cutter Ant is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
Webzcas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Craney Craney Craney the difference between Ricky and Broner is Ricky has the ***** to fight in Broners home town,Broner needs daddy beside him and all at GBP to kiss his **** for his feel good factor.
Ricky WILL beat Broner when they meet beleive me.
Game, set and match.

Vasquez is a harder fight than Broner, who is a hype job, who Ricky will expose in good time.
Webzcas is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum