Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: Who should A. Silva fight next?
Lombard 5 18.52%
Rockhold 5 18.52%
Weidman 12 44.44%
Other (please specify) 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #46
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Says it all.
Not really. He was a fantastic wrestler that also wanted to play football, so he chose a Div. III school that allowed him to do that. He was good enough to wrestle wherever he wanted. He had plenty of victories over Div. 1 and Div. II opponents, plus he dominated Ben Askren in high school.

Plus, going undefeated in four years of college wrestling is a near impossible feat, regardless of division.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #47
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Spider makes them all look like cans
#ing A', the Best Middleweights in the World.

But, 10 Title defenses and 16 wins against the best group of Mixed Martial Artist out there is not enough for some. Comparisons to JJ are already happening, and expect even more after JJ fights Chael Sonnen....
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #48
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
**** Rashad getting a shot when he's never fought at the weight before. 'Bones' is fighting two guys in a row that haven't fought at 205 in years now.

Silva just fought Bonnar. Let's get back to him fighting contenders. Okami and Sonnen were rematches. Neither were competitive. Let's see Silva take on the new wave of contenders.

Bisping and Belcher are out of the race. Rockhold and Weidman are coming through. If they fight each other in a couple of months to determine Silva's opponent, fine. But Rashad doesn't deserve a shot at The Spider. And if they were to fight at 205 then the title is put on hold again.

Back to normality gents, please.

agreed with all points, noticed you dont talk about boxing anymore do you think MMA has surpassed boxing...
Ireland is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #49
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Who around 185 just starting out could dethrone or be a future champ-


Anderson Silva could well still be champ by 2015, any young rising stars with just a few bouts come to mind as it seems okami, belfort, weidman etc will alll be disposed of.
Ireland is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #50
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
Who around 185 just starting out could dethrone or be a future champ-


Anderson Silva could well still be champ by 2015, any young rising stars with just a few bouts come to mind as it seems okami, belfort, weidman etc will alll be disposed of.

Chris Weidman isn't going anywhere. Other than him, no one on the middleweight roster can defeat Silva.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #51
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Silva beating contenders is impressive. Whats crazy is that He toys and shows a lack of interest/respect while knocking them out.

I couldnt stand Silva after the Maia and the Leites fights where he showed disrespect to the paying fans while in a global recession but Ive realized that its just who He is.

Ive never seen it in sports where an athlete at the height of his profession shows such disrespect inside the ring/cage and gets away with it based on the skill gap.

And then you realize that this guy was dismantling a feared fighter in Lee Murray a decade ago. Its pretty mind boggling.

Anyone who wants GSP to fight Silva is pretty much an idiot and a closet hater of Georges, Im Canadian and I dont want this fight. Silva will destroy, I mean annihilate Bones in a stand up and even if He (Jones)does take him down, if Vitor can strain his arm, Silva will break it.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #52
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Silva beating contenders is impressive. Whats crazy is that He toys and shows a lack of interest/respect while knocking them out.

I couldnt stand Silva after the Maia and the Leites fights where he showed disrespect to the paying fans while in a global recession but Ive realized that its just who He is.

Ive never seen it in sports where an athlete at the height of his profession shows such disrespect inside the ring/cage and gets away with it based on the skill gap.

And then you realize that this guy was dismantling a feared fighter in Lee Murray a decade ago. Its pretty mind boggling.

Anyone who wants GSP to fight Silva is pretty much an idiot and a closet hater of Georges, Im Canadian and I dont want this fight. Silva will destroy, I mean annihilate Bones in a stand up and even if He (Jones)does take him down, if Vitor can strain his arm, Silva will break it.


Werent you the guy who was convinced Sonnen would beat him second tam round?
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #53
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,025
vCash: 800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Werent you the guy who was convinced Sonnen would beat him second tam round?
I just go with what my eyes show me. I'm not really a fanboy of anyone. I have to be objective to enjoy watching this sport since 1994. I just thought Sonnen had the style and had the best wrestling in MMA at that point. I also hated Silvas atittude at the time. Its obvious now that Silva was injured the first fight even if many people including me dismissed it as an excuse. But the way Silva measured him the second fight proved to the world that as capable as wrestler as Chael is, the first fight was due to Silva visibly in pain and was hurt from the rib injury.

Last edited by chimba; 01-23-2013 at 08:10 PM.
chimba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #54
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
I just go with what my eyes show me. I'm not really a fanboy of anyone. I have to be objective to enjoy watching this sport since 1994. I just thought Sonnen had the style and had the best wrestling in MMA at that point. I also hated Silvas atittude at the time. Its obvious now that Silva was injured the first fight even if many people including me dismissed it as an excuse. But the way Silva measured him the second fight proved to the world that as capable as wrestler as Chael is, the first fight was due to Silva visibly in pain and was hurt from the rib injury.

You were convinced Sonnen would win. I told you time and time again that he would get obliterated, but would you listen?

I hope you've learned your lesson Chimba

Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #55
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
You were convinced Sonnen would win. I told you time and time again that he would get obliterated, but would you listen?

I hope you've learned your lesson Chimba

He didn't actually get "obliterated" at all.

He won every second of the first round, taking Anderson down straightaway and doing his usual top-control grinding shit.

Second round Anderson illegally grabbed onto Sonnen's shorts for 20 seconds or so, in order to avoid the takedown. (Who cares, but it's worth nothing that he did it and we've never seen him feel the need to do that before.)

Then Sonnen tried a ridiculous spinning elbow for the first time in his career, fell down and Silva put him out with one shot.

Not an "obliteration" at all. Be honest and admit that at the end of round 1, you were concerned because the rematch had started exactly the same way the previous fight had gone.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #56
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Spider makes them all look like cans

Probably because they are actual cans.
Will Munny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #57
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 434
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
He didn't actually get "obliterated" at all.

He won every second of the first round, taking Anderson down straightaway and doing his usual top-control grinding shit.

Second round Anderson illegally grabbed onto Sonnen's shorts for 20 seconds or so, in order to avoid the takedown. (Who cares, but it's worth nothing that he did it and we've never seen him feel the need to do that before.)

Then Sonnen tried a ridiculous spinning elbow for the first time in his career, fell down and Silva put him out with one shot.

Not an "obliteration" at all. Be honest and admit that at the end of round 1, you were concerned because the rematch had started exactly the same way the previous fight had gone.

Yer, I still don'y buy into the rib injury either. Even if he did, if a fighter enter the ring he shouldn't have excuses after.
benebox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #58
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

A unification bout with Rockhold holds the most appeal at present. Champion vs champion fights are always a great sell.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #59
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
He didn't actually get "obliterated" at all.

He won every second of the first round, taking Anderson down straightaway and doing his usual top-control grinding shit.

Second round Anderson illegally grabbed onto Sonnen's shorts for 20 seconds or so, in order to avoid the takedown. (Who cares, but it's worth nothing that he did it and we've never seen him feel the need to do that before.)

Then Sonnen tried a ridiculous spinning elbow for the first time in his career, fell down and Silva put him out with one shot.

Not an "obliteration" at all. Be honest and admit that at the end of round 1, you were concerned because the rematch had started exactly the same way the previous fight had gone.

Silva has grabbed the shorts before if my memory serves me right
And in the second Sonnen got nothing for Anderson as Silva tryed to Forrest Griffin him before that elbow. I believe that Sonnen got desperate and tried the spinning elbow
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #60
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Anderson Silva fight next?

..

Last edited by Beouche; 01-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013