Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #31
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Should there be manditory contenders in MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
The talking is all about selling fights, Anderson Silva and JJ is atop everyone's wishlist. I wouldn't say Chael Sonnen earned or deserves another Title Fight, but no other LHW is that deserving either. JJ beat the piss outta the top 4 LHWs over a year, as Anderson Silva has for years. Producing that superfight is better for the Sport and the best thing for MMA right now. The reason Glover, Alexander G and Gegard Mousasi aren't getting Title Fights is because they haven't earned it either... One fighter does not stand above the other, so they are fighting each other. I'd love to see someone rank the UFC LHW roster because it won't be easy! Each division and situation is different, but I'm with Haggis in that "The door was be kicked down".
So since nobody is deserving a title a guy that hasn't fought at 205 for years should get it because he can shit talk ?

Do you understand why so many people are laughing at MMA face right now ?

Why am I asking the question....it's obvious you think that is good for the sport...

And yes, Sonnen is a joke of a fighter, I'm sorry.

The only people that think Sonnen is good are the poeple that laugh at his awful attempt to be funny at trash talking, simple has that.

The guy is a bum, losing each and every time he is stepping up in competition. The only reason were are talking about him right now is because DW keep giving him title shot for nothing.

But since marketing is the name of the game and not fighting, I guess he is a dwarf surrounded by midget.

EDIT: I missed that pearl....Jones/Sonnen....a superfight....GTFO !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
So since nobody is deserving a title a guy that hasn't fought at 205 for years should get it because he can shit talk ?
No, he's getting it because this is how you sell the superfight between Anderson Silva and JJ, we see these events unfold over and over in Boxing. The fight us fight fans and regulars in this Section want to see, and the fight that many on here say Anderson Silva needs in order to prove his worth.

Quote:

Why am I asking the question....it's obvious you think that is good for the sport...
I don't know, maybe where you are from. Like I said in my OP, my main reason is because there will always be a p4p fighter out there who will be jumping into the mix. It's only fair that matchmakers acknowledge the work that got them into The UFC in the first place....

Dream Matches are good for the Sport, and bring in fans that a row of bloody and bruised Contenders can't do. In one night, one event, the Sport can garner the attention that it needs and deserves. Anderson Silva v GSP or JJ is very important, very attractive to most fans.

Quote:

The only people that think Sonnen is good are the poeple that laugh at his awful attempt to be funny at trash talking, simple has that.

The guy is a bum, losing each and every time he is stepping up in competition. The only reason were are talking about him right now is because DW keep giving him title shot for nothing.

But since marketing is the name of the game and not fighting, I guess he is a dwarf surrounded by midget.
Far from a bum, it's quite obvious that you really dislike the guy, are being trolled, and doing exactly the way he wants. You are just eating it up, like the people watching WWE (good people too), and there is nothing wrong with that!

You gotta be somebody to be in The UFC, challenge for a World Title, and beat the Champ for 23 1/2 minutes. They don't give bums rematches for the Title either.

Quote:
JJ and Anderson Silva.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

This is the fight game, so I will have to disagree.

The UFC is the premiere organization in the World, and marketing is half of everything out there.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Quote:
This is the fight game, so I will have to disagree.

The UFC is the premiere organization in the World, and marketing is half of everything out there.
So is the WWF.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #35
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Kick rocks.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #36
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

I'm not even gonna dignify this with an elaborate answer....
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #37
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm not even gonna dignify this with an elaborate answer....
Bullshit, you just have nowhere to go with that my Ne5.

Nothing to offer is more like it. I don't know why your being catty with me, but this is the way of the fight game. Chael Sonnen was ready to step in last year, and JJ declined, fought someone else instead. Did you bump your head and forget all this? Don't you remember a lot of buzz surrounding JJ and Sonnen??
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:

Who was the last guy not named Chael Sonnen to clearly and decisively win a round against Anderson Silva?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #39
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Bullshit, you just have nowhere to go with that my Ne5.

Nothing to offer is more like it. I don't know why your being catty with me, but this is the way of the fight game. Chael Sonnen was ready to step in last year, and JJ declined, fought someone else instead. Did you bump your head and forget all this? Don't you remember a lot of buzz surrounding JJ and Sonnen??
Do you remember that Chael and Hendo are in the same camp ?

Are you brain not working well enough to understand that Chael got a fight on twitter with Jones on purpose to get the fight ?

Can't you understand it's a win/win situation for him and there is absolutely props to give to that retard to have accepted a fight he didn't have anything to lose in ?

I'm not catty with you, for the past 2 weeks you've been ranting on bat shit crazy stuff Rush Limbaugh level madness. You kept bringing Silva P4P status in a GSP ATG thread....you tried to make a case for Silva resume being better then Fedor and GSP....I'm not the one saying crazy shit, you are !

Ask me if I ****in care about the buzz between fighter X and Y if X hasn't done shit in the division of Y for several years. Ask me if I care about anything MMA drama related. Just ask me once if I care about any of that shit and maybe you will finally understand that I see MMA as a sport and not entertainment.

I have better thing to do then watching DW milking all of the stupid retard creaming in there pants for that fight.

How can anyone be interested in watching that joke of a fight except for watching Sonnen get KTFO or subb once again is beyond me....
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #40
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Who was the last guy not named Chael Sonnen to clearly and decisively win a round against Anderson Silva?

First...who cares ?

Second....Hendo rnd 1 if my memory is correct....

Now explain to me how taking a guy down for 4 and half consecutive round without winning and on tops of that getting subbed in the end make you a great fighter ? The only thing it indicates is that you can take someone down, other then that you can't do shit !
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
The Spider

vCash:

Mandatory system or no mandatory system, Bones vs Sonnen is a mismatch. Yes, Sonnen will hype it. But once the bell rings it will be one way traffic.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
First...who cares ?

Second....Hendo rnd 1 if my memory is correct....

Now explain to me how taking a guy down for 4 and half consecutive round without winning and on tops of that getting subbed in the end make you a great fighter ? The only thing it indicates is that you can take someone down, other then that you can't do shit !

First, you gotta go back 5 years and 10 fights to find a guy who won a single round against Anderson (and even then not nearly as comfortably as Chael won round 1 of the rematch), but Sonnen is a bum.

Second, Anderson is the greatest-ever UFC fighter so there's no shame at all in getting stopped by him twice. Especially when you fight well enough to make yourself his career's greatest rival inside the cage as well as outside.

Third, who is calling Chael a great? He is a very good fighter and certainly championship-fight level, but nobody is calling him an ATG.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #43
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Mandatory system or no mandatory system, Bones vs Sonnen is a mismatch. Yes, Sonnen will hype it. But once the bell rings it will be one way traffic.
Sonnen looked drained as **** his last two MW outings, and apparently is a natural 205 pounder at this point in his career.

And he's fearless in the cage. He'll press the fight and get in Jones' face and try to impose his will and make something happen. Which the majority of Jones' recent opponents haven't done - they've hung back and waited to get slaughtered.

Not to say that Sonnen will win, but there's nobody left who is gong to come close to being an even-money matchup at this point. Except for Anderson.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #44
Ne5ville14
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

First, you gotta go back 5 years and 10 fights to find a guy who won a single round against Anderson (and even then not nearly as comfortably as Chael won round 1 of the rematch), but Sonnen is a bum.

Second, Anderson is the greatest-ever UFC fighter so there's no shame at all in getting stopped by him twice. Especially when you fight well enough to make yourself his career's greatest rival inside the cage as well as outside.

Third, who is calling Chael a great? He is a very good fighter and certainly championship-fight level, but nobody is calling him an ATG.

First, next time I already know what's going to be your answer I'll post it the same post I ask the question.

Better yet I won't even bother answering your stupid question.

Second, who said it was shameful ? WTF are you blabering about again ? I asked how taking Silva down for 23 min is supposed to be any indication of how good you are suppose to be as a fighter when A) It's notorious that Silva doesn't have the best TDD in MMA and B) was more dopped then Overeem ?

Third, yes I have to go back 5 years and 6 fight(You should have checked AS wiki page....) because since the Henderson fight, Silva hasn't fought top opposition, simple as that. But I guess the like of Irvine, Leites, Maia, Cote are the type of guy to really test AS ?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #45
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

There's some intersting chat going on between Thracian and a boxing promoter in the training forum that kinda relates to this thread. Some intersting business nuts and bolts stuff:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum