Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #91
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Benn, Eubank, Watson, Collins v Ward? Who has the best chance to upset SOG?

Actually, is John vs. Andre thread-worthy in its own right?

...I believe it just may be.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #92
Leaf Cutter Ant
I CUT LEAVES
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Benn, Eubank, Watson, Collins v Ward? Who has the best chance to upset SOG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Actually, is John vs. Andre thread-worthy in its own right?

...I believe it just may be.
Please .... NO
Leaf Cutter Ant is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #93
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Cutter Ant View Post
Please .... NO

I mean, obviously I was going to make it here and not in the General where most rubes' familiarity with JC will go no further than a quick look-up on Boxrec...

But alright. I'm a man of the peeps.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #94
Leaf Cutter Ant
I CUT LEAVES
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

I mean, obviously I was going to make it here and not in the General where most rubes' familiarity with JC will go no further than a quick look-up on Boxrec...

But alright. I'm a man of the peeps.
We can't have two contentious threads running at once, let this one drop down the page a bit before you bring JC Superstar into the equation.

Showing my age here tell you who would have been a superb 168lbs fighter, Billy Knight, was stuck between divisions all his career.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #95
Mod-Mania
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Yeah a cruiserweight
Excuses, he was not a cruiserweight he was a light heavy when he fought Christie, and Herol Graham was the same size as Christie and he easily outclassed Seys in the very next fight.
Mod-Mania is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #96
Leaf Cutter Ant
I CUT LEAVES
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod-Mania View Post
Ezcuses, he was not a cruiserweight he was a light heavy when he fought Christie, and Herol Graham was the same size as Christie and he easily outclassed Seys in the very next fight.
Go back a page mate, already posted (with clips)
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #97
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Christie couldn't take a cruiserweight punch, big deal. He was still one of the most talented fighters in the business and had great defensive moves.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #98
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

i think all of them will trouble ward,im with the minority on ward,i don't rate him highly at all,he is no roy jones by a very very long way ,who is possibly the best SM since it came into life.
i actually think eubank would be the one with the weakest chance,with all his posturing and posing ward would pick him off at will.
widdy is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #99
Leaf Cutter Ant
I CUT LEAVES
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Christie couldn't take a cruiserweight punch, big deal. He was still one of the most talented fighters in the business and had great defensive moves.
As I've already said Seys was 172lbs, Christie was 164lbs

SIX pounds difference
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #100
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

Christie had a chin made of fine china and no legs for a tough fight.It's why he never made it despite being as skilled as any of the other Brit\irish middles being talked about.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #101
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Cutter Ant View Post
What about Don Lee?
I admit, I'm not familiar with Lee. Let me do some research and I'll come back to you.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #102
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lee was probably the hardest, most dangerous puncher in boxing, on top of being a tall, rangey switch-hitting southpaw. Hagler was far more confident of taking Hearns's shots than Lee's shots.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #103
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He was better than, say, Frank Liles.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #104
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

People forget, Watson was 22 years old and a late substitute (for Herol Graham) when he fought Lee. It was a terrific win, he looked superb!
atberry is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #105
Jamal Perkins
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Interesting that you'd name him the best when both Eubank and Watson beat him. He's the only guy here that lost to two of the others. You think the extra 8lbs makes a big difference here? Plus the American adventure?
Watson beat a very basic version of Benn. That version of Benn was 35% complete. The Miami trained mid 1990 version of Benn was 70% complete. The Benn of 92-95 was 100% and most think he avenged the Eubanks fight only for it to be called a draw. and the benn of 95 destroys any version of Watson so yes he was better much better. Had the most power and handspeed and a very underrated unorthodox bob and weave defence allied with ferocity the other two didnt have.
Jamal Perkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum