Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #1141
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: **** Kirks ESB Championships 2013 ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
I think I might have a solution to the 10-10 round issue.

When you're in a WBK bout, you have to make a backup pick to your original pick wich only comes into play when both have the same result or almost same result. This might be anything between the exact same result to the other guy winning by KO1.

Example 1:

Contestant 1 picks Freddy Feather to KO5 Chris Concrete, with a backup pick of Chris Concrete UD12 Freddy Feather.

Contestant 2 also picks Freddy Feather to KO5 Chris Concrete, but with a backup pick of Freddy Feather UD12 Chris Concrete.

RESULT: Freddy Feather SD12 Chris Concrete, so contestant 2 gets a 10-9 round. While for the normal Kirk Championships his original pick stands.
Aren't pick1 and reserve pick exactly the same ?
Also it looks even more complicated than what I said.

I'll read the rest of your post now...
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #1142
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybc View Post
Ok! I will keep an eye out how this happens over the next couple of weeks! Cheers for the help!
I know they have explained it well, but figured Id give it a shot as well

The Peoples Championship is a title that when the champion has it, can be challenged for by anyone.

So, right now Tackleberry is the champion.

When Tackleberry puts up his predictions for this weekends fights, if he is picking someone to win, who you think will lose, all youd have to do to challenge him for the title is to make a post saying such, and of course putting down the fight you are challenging him on that you think hes wrong about.

The first person to issue that challenge to the champion, becomes the official challenger to the title.

Hope that helps and hope to see you around
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #1143
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Another idea that would work.

So, for the UD's.

We will use Matthysse vs Dallas Jr as an example.

When picking UD's, you will have to say 'Close UD' or 'Wide UD'

Wide UD : If 2 of the 3 judges cards have it 9 rounds or more to 3 rounds or less
Close UD : If 2 of the 3 judges have it 8 rounds or less to 4 rounds or more

So if Matthysse wins a UD, and 2 of the 3 judges gave him 8 rounds or less, Matthysse would have won a 'Close UD' and the person picking close UD would win the round.

For 10 rounds the splits would be 7 rounds or less to 4 rounds or more being close, 8 rounds or more to 2 rounds or less being wide.

I think this is the format I will be going with. Is fairly simple, easy, no personal interpretation as the guidelines for whats close and wide are already set and we would be then going off of official cards, and also maintains the integrity of peoples picks while adding another way to split UD's to help minimize draw rounds.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1144
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Robney your proposal is basically, add a second opinion at your picks just in case they are identically with your opponent(UD vs UD / TKO5 vs TKO5 / TKO2 vs TKO4 - result being TKO3). In cases of equality second opinion becomes decisive. It's an okey suggestion, but for some reason it just doesn't sit well with me. But I'll gladly accept it if Kirk and everybody else like it. Maybe it will grow on me, in time. IDK why maybe it's just picking twice for the same fight, that bothers me a bit.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #1145
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
I think I might have a solution to the 10-10 round issue.

When you're in a WBK bout, you have to make a backup pick to your original pick wich only comes into play when both have the same result or almost same result. This might be anything between the exact same result to the other guy winning by KO1.

Example 1:

Contestant 1 picks Freddy Feather to KO5 Chris Concrete, with a backup pick of Chris Concrete UD12 Freddy Feather.

Contestant 2 also picks Freddy Feather to KO5 Chris Concrete, but with a backup pick of Freddy Feather UD12 Chris Concrete.

RESULT: Freddy Feather SD12 Chris Concrete, so contestant 2 gets a 10-9 round. While for the normal Kirk Championships his original pick stands.

Example 2:

Contestant 1 picks Max Power to UD Sid Softy, with a backup pick of Max Power to TKO11 Sid Softy.

Contestant 2 also picks Max Power to UD Sid Softy, but with a backup pick of Max Power to again UD Sid Softy.

RESULT: Max Power UD12 Sid Softy, so contestant 2 gets another 10-9 round.

Example 3:

Contestant 1 picks Ronny Runner to TKO7 Bert Brawler, with a backup pick of Ronny Runner to UD Bert Brawler.

Contestant 2 picks Ronny Runner to TKO9 Bert Brawler, with a backup pick of Bert Brawler to KO3 Ronny Runner.

RESULT: Ronny Runner to TKO8 Bert Brawler, with Contestant 1's backup pick being closer to the real result as contestant 2, giving him the round (10-9).

Example 4:

Contestant 1 picks Steve Sissy to UD Carl Crusher, with a backup pick of Steve Sissy to KO7 Carl Crusher.

Contestant 2 also picks Steve Sissy to UD Carl Crusher, with a backup pick of Steve Sissy to KO9 Carl Crusher.

RESULT: Steve Sissy UD's Carl Crusher and there's no clear winner in the backup pick, so it's a 10-10 round.

Hope this was clear, and let me know what you guys think
Hmmmm..... good idea Robney, good idea

I appreciate the feedback and idea.

This will be cleared up today.... I dont like issues taking long to wrap up and weve discussed this for a few days now

So, we will either go with this, or go with the 'wide ud' 'close ud' that I posted in my previous post. Either one is fine by me.

Good thing about Wide/Close : Maintains the integrity of the pick
Negative : There could still technically be draw rounds if both people picked close or wide

Good thing about backup pick : Eliminates most draw rounds
Negative: Still could technically be draw rounds, somewhat jeapordizes the integrity of the pick as maybe a guy loses because what he really felt would be the outcome had to be changed.

So, by the time I sleep tonight I will have made up my mind. Thank you all for the input and this will be resolved soon I promise
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #1146
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Another idea that would work.

So, for the UD's.

We will use Matthysse vs Dallas Jr as an example.

When picking UD's, you will have to say 'Close UD' or 'Wide UD'

Wide UD : If 2 of the 3 judges cards have it 9 rounds or more to 3 rounds or less
Close UD : If 2 of the 3 judges have it 8 rounds or less to 4 rounds or more

So if Matthysse wins a UD, and 2 of the 3 judges gave him 8 rounds or less, Matthysse would have won a 'Close UD' and the person picking close UD would win the round.

For 10 rounds the splits would be 7 rounds or less to 4 rounds or more being close, 8 rounds or more to 2 rounds or less being wide.

I think this is the format I will be going with. Is fairly simple, easy, no personal interpretation and maintains the integrity of peoples picks while adding another way to split UD's to help minimize draw rounds.
Why not make UD 117-113≥ (equal or bigger)
And UD 116-112 ≤ (equal or less)

Or just pick UD and say the words in brackets. ( A bit like Over/Under)

Instead Close UD / Wide UD
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #1147
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

JANUARY FIGHT LIST
.................................................................................................... ........................................

LEAGUE SCHEDULER
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PINOY PRODIGY

Assistant: Malden

* Result Commentary by Robney

1/4 - Rances Barthelemy vs. Arash Usmanee - 12x3 IBF Super Featherweight Eliminator for #2 (ESPN2) - Barthelemy UD - 115-113/116-112/116-112 - Not a robbery like a couple think, especially Teddy Atlas, had it 115-113 Barthelemy myself (PinoyProdigy)
1/11 - John Molina vs. Dannie Williams - 10x3 (ESPN2) Molina KO4 - big right hook to the temple.
1/11 - Ronny Rios vs. Rico Ramos - 10x3 NABF Featherweight Title (Showtime) Rios UD - 100-90/97-93/96-94 - close bout as expected, one judge with a pre filled out card obviously.
1/12 - Adrian Hernandez vs. Dirceu Cabarca - 12x3 WBC Light Flyweight Title - Hernandez UD - 118-110/118-108/119-112
1/19 - Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo - 10x3 (NBC Sports Network) - Kovalev TKO3 - Campillo completely outclassed, down 3 times in the 3rd and stopped. Kovalev is the real thing!
1/19 - Roman Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos - 12x3 WBO Super Featherweight Title (HBO) - DRAW - 117-111/112-116/114-114 Burgos rattled Martinez' body with hard shots over the complete length of the bout... WAR MINIBURGOS!
1/19 - Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado - 12x3 WBA World & IBO Middleweight Titles (HBO) - Golovkin TKO7 - Rosado made it much longer as I expected, and didn't go down being bloodied, busted up and rocked a couple of times.
1/19 - Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia - 12x3 WBO Featherweight Title (HBO) - Garcia TUD8 - 79-70/79-69/79-69 - Salido down twice in the 1st, round 3 and 4. Garcia battered Salido until a "accidental" headbutt broke his nose and the fight went to the cards
1/25 - Serhiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera - 10x3 (ESPN2)
1/25 - Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass - 10x3 (Showtime)
1/26 - Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr. - 12x3 Interim WBC Light Welterweight Title (Showtime)
1/26 - Hugo Fidel Cazares vs. Rey Perez - 12x3 NABF Bantamweight Title
1/30 - Daniel Geale vs. Anthony Mundine II - 12x3 IBF Middleweight Title (Australia Main Event)
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #1148
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

*************KIRKS ESB CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012**************
OFFICIAL RANKINGS
Beastsideboxing 7-0 (5 KO)WBK Champion $80
Robney 7-0 (5 KO) $45 Geale UD Cazares TKO10
Mr Butt 7-0 (5 KO) $45 Serhiy Dzinziruk ud Demetrius Andrade tko Lucas Martin Matthysse tko Hugo Fidel Cazares ud Daniel Geale ud aydin ud
Drinquor 7-0 (4 KO) $70
IntentionalButt 7-0 (4 KO)$60 Vera MD10 Dzinziruk Andrade UD10 Hernandez Aydin UD10 Soto Karass Matthysse KO4 Dallas Jr. Cazares UD12 Perez Geale UD12 Mundine
DemolitionDan 7-0 (4 KO) 2010 Champion $55
Sergiy Dzinziruk by SD
Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - Demetrius Andrade by UD
Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass - Selcuk Aydin by UD
Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr.- Lucas Matthysse by KO
Hugo Fidel Cazares vs. Rey Perez - Hugo Fidel Cazares by KO
Daniel Geale vs. Anthony Mundine II- Daniel Geale by UD
Rumsfeld 7-0 (4 KO) $55 Vera SD, Andrade UD, Aydin UD, Cazares UD, Matthysse TKO8, Geale UD
Tackleberry 7-0 (3 KO) 2011 Champion & Peoples Champion $50
David B 7-0 (2 KO) 2012 Champion $60 Dzinziruk UD Andrade TKO Matthysse TKO Aydin UD Cazares UD Geale UD
Brand 6-0 (3 KO) $45
Kirk 6-0 (3 KO)$35 Andrade by UD Aydin by KO Matthysse by KO Cazares by KO Geale by UD
jdr 6-1 (4 KO)$25 Serhiy Dzinziruk UD Demetrius Andrade UD Selcuk Aydin UD Lucas Martin Matthysse TKO 7 Daniel Geale UD
Malden 6-1 (3 KO)$45 Dzinziruk UD10,Andrade UD10,Mathysse KO4,Aydin TKO7,Cazares UD12,Geale UD12
Nellybc 6-1 (3 KO) $45 Dzinziruk UD Andrade UD Aydin KO RD 7 Matthyse KO RD 5 Cazares UD Geale UD
Fighter2R 6-1 (2 KO) $45 Dzinziruk ud. Andrade ud. Aydin ud. Matthysse tko. Geale ud. Cazares tko.
PinoyProdigy 6-1 (2 KO)$45 Dziniziruk SD, Andrade UD, Aydin UD, Matthysse TKO, Cazares TKO, Geale UD
des3995 5-2 (2 KO) $55 Dz SD Andrade KO 6 Aydin TKO 9 Matthysse KO 5 Cazarez UD Geale UD
Bladerunner 5-2 (2 KO)$45 Serhiy Dzinziruk UD Demetrius Andrade UD Selcuk Aydin KO Lucas Martin Matthysse KO Daniel Geale UD
Lufcrazy 5-2 (2 KO) $10 vera ko7 andrade ud aydin ud matthyse ko6 geale sd
WelshDevilRob 4-3 (3 KO) $55
BigBone 4-3 (3 KO) 2009 Champion $25
Drew101 3-0 (3 KO) $55
Honor 3-0 (3 KO) $25 Aydin TKO 9 Geale TKO 10
larsker 3-0 (2 KO)$45
Jordan 3-1 (2 KO) $45 Dziniruk UD Andrade TKO Aydin TKO Matthysse TKO Cazares TKO Geale UD
PimpC 3-4 (2 KO)$25
MyName 2-0 (2 KO) $55
AdrenalineSurge 2-1 (2 KO) $50 Dziniziruk UD Andrade UD Aydin TKO Matthysse TKO Cazares TKO Geale UD
Badlok 2-1 (1 KO) $45 Dzinziruk UD Aydin UD Mathysse KO 5 Cazares TKO9 Geale TKO 8
Boxed Ears 1-0 (1 KO) $25 Geal, UD. Vera, stoppage. Matthysse, stoppage.
boxer1982 1-0 (0 KO) $45
LOW BLOW COMBOS 1-1 (1 KO) $25
punchbug 1-1 (1 KO) $25
bronx 1-1 (0 KO) $45
huki 1-2 (1 KO) Dzinziruk UD Andrade UD Soto Karass UD Matthysse KO 6 Geale UD
BadBot 1-3 (1 KO) $0 Vera MD Aydin UD Matthysse T/KO Geale UD
Bogotazo 0-1 $25
SUPER TROJAN 0-2 $25
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #1149
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
Why not make UD 117-113≥ (equal or bigger)
And UD 116-112 ≤ (equal and less)

Or just pick UD and say the words in brackets. ( A bit like Over/Under)

Instead Close UD / Wide UD
Pretty much the same thing, just figured it would be easier for the person picking the fight to say close or wide as oppossed to their score.

Either way the idea itself stays the same only the wording changes.

So if youd rather list the scores or have brackets or whatnot, how would you feel on the actual idea in terms of helping to split UD's. Its the same as was suggested earlier pretty much. Just instead of doing an average, or picking one card, it will just be whatever 2 of the 3 judges have it.
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #1150
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Pretty much the same thing, just figured it would be easier for the person picking the fight to say close or wide as oppossed to their score.

Either way the idea itself stays the same only the wording changes.

So if youd rather list the scores or have brackets or whatnot, how would you feel on the actual idea in terms of helping to split UD's. Its the same as was suggested earlier pretty much. Just instead of doing an average, or picking one card, it will just be whatever 2 of the 3 judges have it.
I guess Wide UD and Close UD is easier to pick, without you having to calculate the points of a scorecard after all. But you got to mention somewhere on your WBK posts, what Wide UD and Close UD means exactly.

Equal or bigger than 9-3 (9-3/10-2/11-1/12-0 or any other variations 9-1-2)
Equal or less than 8-4
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #1151
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
I guess Wide UD and Close UD is easier to pick, without you having to calculate the points of a scorecard after all. But you got to mention somewhere on your WBK posts, what Wide UD and Close UD means exactly.

Equal or bigger than 9-3 (9-3/10-2/11-1/12-0 or any other variations 9-1-2)
Equal or less than 8-4
For sure.

How do you feel on it. Are you ok with it as an option?
kirk is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #1152
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:

Good thing about Wide/Close : Maintains the integrity of the pick
Negative : There could still technically be draw rounds if both people picked close or wide

Good thing about backup pick : Eliminates most draw rounds
Negative: Still could technically be draw rounds, somewhat jeapordizes the integrity of the pick as maybe a guy loses because what he really felt would be the outcome had to be changed.
Why not just pick based on rounds , UD 12-0/11-1/10-2/9-3/8-4/7-5 and eliminate that even further?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #1153
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

I got $10 riding on Geale is anybody is keen?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1154
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
For sure.

How do you feel on it. Are you ok with it as an option?
Yeah I'm more attracted to it than, Robney proposal (that I respect).
I'm okey with it.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #1155
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Think Im going to go with Vera by SD

gaaaaahhhhh hope I dont regret it

kirk is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum