Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #76
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
In what world is this fight not meaningful?
This one. Kessler is likely in much worse shape and near shot, Froch has a belt but is no one's idea of "the man" at 168, and the last fight was pretty conclusive if you actually score body punching.

Again, I love how you move to another point every time your argument gets skewered.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 04:02 AM   #77
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulent_bob View Post
Not really, it was a joke and actually had nothing to do with you as hard as that may be for you to handle.

The fact that you really do choose to follow and support a backward institution which is openly homophobic obviously touched a nerve.
When you are proud to be part of an organisation which does that while also actively discriminating against women, has protected pedophiles from within its ranks, and supports slavery within its teachings you really need to have a thicker skin.

Do I think I'm really clever? Nope but I'm smart enough to not want to have anything to do with an organisation which refused to take action against any of the above when it had the power to make a difference.

Now as my initial offhand reply was aimed at another poster entirely, would your ego allow us to get back OT?
Oh yes...forgot about that. I shall renounce my faith in the morning. Thanks for letting me know. Will save about 5k on that church wedding I was planning for September. I should have listened to you before when you informed me I cannot be a Catholic if I have had *** before marriage!

Last edited by USA Rob; 01-24-2013 at 04:18 AM.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM   #78
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
This one. Kessler is likely in much worse shape and near shot, Froch has a belt but is no one's idea of "the man" at 168, and the last fight was pretty conclusive if you actually score body punching.

Again, I love how you move to another point every time your argument gets skewered.
Yeh...because you always answer peoples questions!
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #79
flatulent_bob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
vCash: 498
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Oh yes...forgot about that. I shall renounce my faith in the morning. Thanks for letting me know. Will save about 5k on that church wedding I was planning for September. I should have listened to you before when you informed me I cannot be a Catholic if I have had *** before marriage!
I think it was protected *** before marriage, and I never said you can't be a Catholic, I just said you'd be a hypocrite.
But I wouldn't worry you'd be in excellent company in amongst a church congregation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
This one. Kessler is likely in much worse shape and near shot, Froch has a belt but is no one's idea of "the man" at 168, and the last fight was pretty conclusive if you actually score body punching.

Again, I love how you move to another point every time your argument gets skewered.
Yeh...because you always answer peoples questions!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
flatulent_bob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #80
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
Yeh...because you always answer peoples questions!
Which, yet again, wasn't the point I made. You're incapable of arguing logically and coherently, or reframing your argument when someone pulls it apart. That's nothing to do with answering someone's questions!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #81
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,468
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
In what world is this fight not meaningful?
In the world of who's the boss at 168, Sky will lure people in with "the huge unification fight " . It isn't, Kessler owns a diluted version of a world title. These two can hammer the shit out of each other all they want but the fight is not for supremacy at 168. Ward still the main man and would always beat Froch and Kessler convincingly.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #82
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: England
Posts: 11,319
vCash: 15000
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Froch/Kessler is a brilliant fight. It isn't a bout between the best two in the division but that doesn't stop it from being an excellent fight. Two of the best three fighters in the world, who have been in good fights throughout their careers, had a FOTY contender when they previously fought and both have improved their standing in boxing since they lost to Ward. It is far more interesting than any other fight at 168lbs. There's nothing else out there which is even close to being as interesting as this bout.

This will be a very good fight. It might not be between the best two fighters in the division but who cares? That doesn't stop it from being a PPV worthy bout. Fans who buy this will be entertained and that's what matters.
Jack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #83
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
In the world of who's the boss at 168, Sky will lure people in with "the huge unification fight " . It isn't, Kessler owns a diluted version of a world title. These two can hammer the shit out of each other all they want but the fight is not for supremacy at 168. Ward still the main man and would always beat Froch and Kessler convincingly.
So a fight is not meaningful unless the best fighter in the division is involved?
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #84
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So a fight is not meaningful unless the best fighter in the division is involved?
Yeh. If Froch wins this and gets a rematch with Ward we will be told its a mismatch and not PPV worthy. So was Hatton vs Mayweather.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #85
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
So was Hatton vs Mayweather.
You are joking right?
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #86
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
You are joking right?
About what? Hatton vs Mayweather being a mismatch?
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #87
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatulent_bob View Post
I think it was protected *** before marriage, and I never said you can't be a Catholic, I just said you'd be a hypocrite.
But I wouldn't worry you'd be in excellent company in amongst a church congregation.
I tend to agree with you, and would have never taken issue with being called a hypocrite. I took issue to being told I am not Catholic by you because you feel I have to agree and conform to every law and agree with every action taken by the institution of the Catholic Church. By that logic there would be no Catholics.

All people are hypocrites religious and non religious. Its part of human nature. Infact this was discussed by my Priest at Mass on Sunday.

Last edited by USA Rob; 01-24-2013 at 12:53 PM.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #88
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

On a serious note why could sky buy the rights to Dawson v Pascal and put it on the PPV? It would be a marathon night of boxing worth 15 quid in my opinion.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #89
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafflad26 View Post
On a serious note why could sky buy the rights to Dawson v Pascal and put it on the PPV? It would be a marathon night of boxing worth 15 quid in my opinion.
the amount of PPV buys it would add to the fight is probably less than the cost of broadcasting for another 5 hours.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #90
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

New Age promoting my bollocks! I hope ****** slaughters Hearn in his column this weekend.
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013