Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #91
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Froch/Kessler is a brilliant fight. It isn't a bout between the best two in the division but that doesn't stop it from being an excellent fight. Two of the best three fighters in the world, who have been in good fights throughout their careers, had a FOTY contender when they previously fought and both have improved their standing in boxing since they lost to Ward. It is far more interesting than any other fight at 168lbs. There's nothing else out there which is even close to being as interesting as this bout.

This will be a very good fight. It might not be between the best two fighters in the division but who cares? That doesn't stop it from being a PPV worthy bout. Fans who buy this will be entertained and that's what matters.
This,it`s one of the best fights that can be made and will be one of the best fights on British soil this year,it might not be as "meaningful" as Calzagae-Kessler but i don`t give a ****.DFTaylor should stop running this fight down because ppv or no ppv this is a great fight and if this isn`t good enough for him,maby he should try out another sport
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #92
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
This,it`s one of the best fights that can be made and will be one of the best fights on British soil this year,it might not be as "meaningful" as Calzagae-Kessler but i don`t give a ****.DFTaylor should stop running this fight down because ppv or no ppv this is a great fight and if this isn`t good enough for him,maby he should try out another sport
Amazing all the hurt feelings going around. Please show me where I've ever said it's a bad fight?

You won't be able to because I haven't. Why do idiots like you and Rob insist on making the debate about something else entirely?

This is not a PPV fight because Froch is not a star in the UK. It's a desperate move by Hearn to cover significant costs he can't generate from his name fighter.

If Froch WAS a genuine PPV fighter, the negotiations wouldn't have been so difficult and Kessler wouldn't be getting paid quite so much.

Also, go **** yourself.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #93
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Amazing all the hurt feelings going around. Please show me where I've ever said it's a bad fight?

You won't be able to because I haven't. Why do idiots like you and Rob insist on making the debate about something else entirely?

This is not a PPV fight because Froch is not a star in the UK. It's a desperate move by Hearn to cover significant costs he can't generate from his name fighter.

If Froch WAS a genuine PPV fighter, the negotiations wouldn't have been so difficult and Kessler wouldn't be getting paid quite so much.

Also, go **** yourself.
Dummy out.

Toys everywhere.
Marlow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #94
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Dummy out.

Toys everywhere.


Keep telling yourself that and ignore the utterly solid logic of my argument.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #95
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
This one. Kessler is likely in much worse shape and near shot, Froch has a belt but is no one's idea of "the man" at 168, and the last fight was pretty conclusive if you actually score body punching.

Again, I love how you move to another point every time your argument gets skewered.
You`re running the fight down by saying Kessler is near shot,nobody thinks that,he maby isn`t what he was,but near shot nah not a chance.I will be stunned if there are three big fights in the uk which will be better then this by the end of the year.
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #96
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashedward View Post
You`re running the fight down by saying Kessler is near shot,nobody thinks that,he maby isn`t what he was,but near shot nah not a chance.I will be stunned if there are three big fights in the uk which will be better then this by the end of the year.
Plenty of people on here think he IS shot - I just think he's clearly on the slide. His performances in the Green and Magee fights were hardly impressive.

But, once again, please show where I said this was a bad fight.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #97
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Plenty of people on here think he IS shot - I just think he's clearly on the slide. His performances in the Green and Magee fights were hardly impressive.

But, once again, please show where I said this was a bad fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
If this was a big, meaningful fight - then ok. He's not and this isn't.
There you go.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #98
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
There you go.


That is ****ing priceless. You think you've proved a point when the example you used has me saying nothing of the sort. I really think you struggle with your reading comprehension.

I said it wasn't big or meaningful, I never said it wouldn't be good. Try harder, Rob.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #99
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post


That is ****ing priceless. You think you've proved a point when the example you used has me saying nothing of the sort. I really think you struggle with your reading comprehension.

I said it wasn't big or meaningful, I never said it wouldn't be good. Try harder, Rob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Kessler is likely in much worse shape and near shot, Froch has a belt but is no one's idea of "the man" at 168, and the last fight was pretty conclusive if you actually score body punching.
another one for you.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #100
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
another one for you.
Once again, that doesn't at any point show me saying this is a bad fight. I don't think it's meaningful. The two are very different.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #101
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Once again, that doesn't at any point show me saying this is a bad fight. I don't think it's meaningful. The two are very different.
you said the fight is meaningless. that implies the fight is bad. everyone who read that post read it that way which is why so many people took issue with it.

even if you dont think its bad, the fight is still meaningful and its crazy to suggest otherwise

if this fight is meaningless, what fights are you looking forward to this year? like Ash said if your not pumped for Froch vs Kessler, try another sport.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #102
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
another one for you.

you said the fight is meaningless. that implies the fight is bad.

if this fight is meaningless, what fights are you looking forward to this year? like Ash said if your not pumped for Froch vs Kessler, try another sport.
You added more to your post. First, did I say the fight was MEANINGLESS?

No, I said it wasn't especially meaningful. You, as usual, jumped to an extreme - one which I didn't actually say. I didn't imply anything, you inferred everything.

Second, I said right after the fight was made that I was looking forward to this. But I also don't think it's as compelling as the first fight. Why do you struggle to accept I can hold nuanced views on a topic? Not everything is black and white.

Drop the smug attitude. I've been watching this sport longer than you and appreciate its history a lot more.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #103
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
First, did I say the fight was MEANINGLESS?

No, I said it wasn't especially meaningful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
If this was a big, meaningful fight - then ok. He's not and this isn't.
Saying a fight is not meaningful is the exact same thing as saying its meaningless!
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #104
ashedward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Plenty of people on here think he IS shot - I just think he's clearly on the slide. His performances in the Green and Magee fights were hardly impressive.

But, once again, please show where I said this was a bad fight.
I have never said that you have said this is a bad fight i have said that you`re running this fight down which you clearly are.We shall see on the night but i will be suprised if anything tops this by the end of the year.
ashedward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #105
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Default Re: How would you re-invent Sky Box Office PPV

Meaningless

1. Having no meaning or significance.
2. Having no purpose or reason.


Not Meaningful

1. Having no meaning or significance.
2. Having no purpose or reason.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013