Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
Zain786
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Losing lower Belly pouch and Love Handles?

I am around 5.9 ft tall, my body weight is now 130.073lb or 59kg, I used to be 25% Body Fat and am now at around 10 - 13%...I train 5 days a week, I train three days on weights lifting heavy doing exercises such as bent over barbell row, bench press, deadlifts, Kettle Bell squat,Hammer curls, goblet squat...the works...I lift HEAVY and my rep range is usually 3 sets of 6 to 8...my body has undergone a huge transformation and I my arms are toned up completely along with my upper body (chest) and legs.

The problem is that I still have a little bit of a pouch on my lower belly and also love handles, I need this to go away ASAP, I just cannot stand them anymore....I have been doing cardio recently which includes HIT training so im doing 20 secs on treadmill as fast as i can at a speed of around 17 - 18MPH, 3KM on the Bicycle machine and then 1000m sprint on the rower machine...My cardio is around twice a week along with three days weights..I feel very strong and muscular but am losing motivation due to my POUCH and LOVE HANDLES...my NUTRITION is very good..I eat oats in the morning along with a protein shake (Matrix Anabolic), for snacks I tend to eat a Bannana or Apple, for lunch it is usually grilled chicken and brocolli...my diet is good and my protein intake is high at around 150 grams...I try to drink a litre of water a day...I am at university so its hard to keep on drinking water constantly but im doing the best i can, I eat no JUNK FOOD and if i do it will be once a month but generally no...i do ab exercises and what not...crunches, twists, hanging leg raises...

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT, IS IT A WAITING GAME OR AM I DESTINED TO HAVE A LOWER POUCH AND LOVE HANDLES..IS IT A GENETIC THING...MY DAD IS FAT BUT MY BROTHER IS NATURALLY LEAN AND EATS ALL THE JUNK AND DOES NOT GET FAT...WHAT SHALL I DO, CALL IT QUITS OR MAINTAIN WHAT I AM DOING????...I NEED HELP ASAP!

Thanks
Zain786 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Losing lower Belly pouch and Love Handles?

Focus on the cardio, squat jumps / burpees / more core excersizes and ab work.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

Put yourself on a HIIT and Tabata routine for six weeks. Focus on exercises that target the core done at a pace that is from a cardiovascular standpoint, high intensity. Jumping squats and lunges, burpees, mountain climbers, etc.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
joew123

I did P90x, and Insanity, i'm in construction. I figured doing both of them back to back would get rid of them, plus construction. Probably would of if my diet was better. I ditched those and do my own routines now. So for the past year they slowly have gotten better. But diet is key, I learned that the hard way. I now do ab work 2 times a week. It was three but Saturdays are going to be HIIT and heavy bag training now. But everyday i work my abs really. Focus on your midsection. An ab roller, and weighted sit ups and hanging leg raises make a huge difference.
joew123 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You'll lose fat in certain areas (no you can't choose where). Some areas the fat will burn away, others will take weeks to see a noticeable difference. Everybody will see different results at different times in different areas of the body. Take your time, make your workouts intense and it'll go soon enough.

p.s. You don't lift "HEAVY" at 6-8 reps... "HEAVY" would be max effort training.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
joew123

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You'll lose fat in certain areas (no you can't choose where). Some areas the fat will burn away, others will take weeks to see a noticeable difference. Everybody will see different results at different times in different areas of the body. Take your time, make your workouts intense and it'll go soon enough.

p.s. You don't lift "HEAVY" at 6-8 reps... "HEAVY" would be max effort training.
100% true, but i figured dedicating 2 days a week (used to be three) to core work would be a good idea. So far i'm seeing a difference. I don't train for aesthetics at all, but i've been fat my whole life, i just want my belly and man tits gone, and they almost are. Plus my back pain has gotten way better. So for people who just have that little bit left like i do, even though you can't spot reduce, its still a great idea to work them a little harder i think. I know you said your diet is good and i believe you, but diet really is key. I'm the same height as you, maybe a little taller, i'm guessing you have a belly still is because your 130lbs. Try bulking a little bit, then cutting. When you cut you should be cutting the fat and retaining the muscle.
joew123 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

I am of broad build and always carried extra weight around my mid section until recently....I have been doing alot of cardio - running and skipping and found the weight dropping off.

I kind of reached a plateau where I wouldn't lose any more so I change my diet and found that over the next few weeks I lost more.

Ive read abs are made in the kitchen and I beleive that is true.....look to you diet to make changes, cut out sugar, cut out pop/fizzy drinks, cut out chocolate etc etc eat healthier foods like oats porridge for breakfast eat alot of vegatables and it will happen.

Last edited by Emeritus; 01-25-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #8
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 507

go to bodybuilding.com's forum. They specialize in this stuff
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
Theron
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 773

When people lose fat they loose it all over so just keep ding the cardio step it up a bit longer runs at a higher pace sprints ect
Theron is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 AM   #10
DavidGriffin

The ZOX Formula has a highly unique training program comprised of over 50 different exercises. It includes HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) based very specific resistance training, aerobic exercises and yoga exercises which you have to do for specific duration in a specific order and on specific days to lose love handle and body fat....
DavidGriffin is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #11
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Why is every guy on the internet around 10% bodyfat?

Get it checked if you are going to post it. As far as fat, simple eat less, train more.

Hope this helps.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #12
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wow, 5 ft 9, and 130 Lbs is already very lean.

Did you lose a ton of weight? Maybe that's just loose skin.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #13
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
go to bodybuilding.com's forum. They specialize in this stuff
Don't do this unless you want to be a "bodybuilder".

Train for muscular development and performance. Diet for fat loss.

The protein shakes and generally high protein intake need to go. Despite what supplement manufacturers want you to believe you'll get plenty of protein from food. All you'll get from extra protein is calories that bring the love handles..

Of course ab exercises won't hurt, but it's really all about further fat loss at this point, so keep training hard and eating right. That means clean and strictly calorie controlled.

Don't worry about genetics, you're heading in the right direction and you'll get there.

Good luck with the training.
ant-man is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #14
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"LOWER POUCH AND LOVE HANDLES" at 130lbs means you severely lack muscle.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #15
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGriffin View Post
The ZOX Formula has a highly unique training program comprised of over 50 different exercises. It includes HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) based very specific resistance training, aerobic exercises and yoga exercises which you have to do for specific duration in a specific order and on specific days to lose love handle and body fat....
Nice sales pitch for your first post.

Quote:
aerobic exercises and yoga exercises which you have to do for specific duration in a specific order and on specific days to lose love handle and body fat....
Lol. **** off.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing