NOTINDAFACE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: Aldo - Edgar

Edgar. He would look superhuman at this weight against natural 145'rs.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Aldo will win. Edgar has a tendency to get leg kicked and you dont want to be leg kicked by Aldo just ask Faber
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Aldo. Bigger, solid TDD, just as fast, better striking arsenal, and a lot of stopping power.

Not counting Frankie out, though. He has shown multiple times that he is able to overcome the odds, and has perhaps the biggest heart in the game. I'd say his best bet would be to try to replicate a Randy Couture game plan and try to wear Aldo down over five rounds. Florian kind of tried this unsuccessfully, but Edgar is better suited for the job.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

He will catch some of those leg kicks and take Aldo down. He couldnt do much against Bendo when He caught his kicks because Bendo happens to be a better wrestler than He is.

Did you just compare Faber to Edgar?
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I really want Aldo to crush Edgar. But I think Aldo is going to look very average in this fight. Edgar's intelligence and quickness will give Aldo hell. But Jose's power, I believe, will give him a slight edge. Won't be surprised if we see a robbery in favor of Aldo. Hopefully that won't happen. If Edgar gets stunned or hurt he's getting finished which I hope to see.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
He will catch some of those leg kicks and take Aldo down. He couldnt do much against Bendo when He caught his kicks because Bendo happens to be a better wrestler than He is.

Not really just said the he doesnt want to eat Aldos leg kicks or a double flying knee just ask Cub Swanson
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Frankie Edgar. I'm so certain Edgar will win it goes beyond reason. Even though I'm sure Edgar isn't a huge underdog -- **** logic, **** standing to reason, sanity is overrated; Frankie Edgar is defeating Jose Aldo.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:

Bendo is bigger than Aldo for sure. However, Aldo's leg kicks are quicker, harder to catch, and once Frankie does catch them, Aldo's balance is insane. Also, for someone who doesn't have a base in wrestling, Aldo's very good at keeping his legs underneath him.

I think Edgar is going to have a hard time taking him down, for a few reasons, but one being Aldo is smaller and more compact then Bendo/BJ. it is harder to get in and wrap him up.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Aldo via better stand up.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Great Matchup for the fans, and a career defining fight. Frankie Edgar is a Sweet Fighter, a throwback. But, untested at FW and I don't think he is an Elite Fighter.

A dominate one like Jose Aldo. Like Overeem, Jose Aldo is coming off a year lay off. I see the fight starting slow, and Frankie Edgar's speed being a problem. Interesting match up, and possibly a bad one for Jose Aldo.
Next week, can't believe it... Frankie Edgar earns a hard fought decision.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
chrisbonnie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Heart says Edgar, but head says Aldo

its a funny match up. When you add up strenghts and weaknesses, it nearly seems a mismatch in Aldos favour,

But i always go back to Edgars fights with Bj Penn, and not the BJ of now, but the one who we all thought was absolutely unbeatable at 155lbs, and then his fights against that monstrously huge Grey Maynard.

so when you look at them fights against Penn and Maynard, i find it hard to believe he can lose this fight. and you could easily look at his two "losses" to Henderson, and actually call them results the other way round. I personally thought he won both fights, but they where close

Aldo definetly has the advantage while standing. But i think Edgars biggest attribute in this fight if big fight experince, and his general fight intelligence.

Aldo hasnt been tested yet. Id love to see him really pushed to his limits. I wonder how he'll react?

Edgar on the other hand has been neck deep in *hit, yet come out the other end smelling of roses.

i gotta admit, im looking forward to this fight more than any UFC fight in recent memory. I can barely wait. Its going to immense
chrisbonnie is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbonnie View Post
Heart says Edgar, but head says Aldo

its a funny match up. When you add up strenghts and weaknesses, it nearly seems a mismatch in Aldos favour,

But i always go back to Edgars fights with Bj Penn, and not the BJ of now, but the one who we all thought was absolutely unbeatable at 155lbs, and then his fights against that monstrously huge Grey Maynard.

so when you look at them fights against Penn and Maynard, i find it hard to believe he can lose this fight. and you could easily look at his two "losses" to Henderson, and actually call them results the other way round. I personally thought he won both fights, but they where close

Aldo definetly has the advantage while standing. But i think Edgars biggest attribute in this fight if big fight experince, and his general fight intelligence.

Aldo hasnt been tested yet. Id love to see him really pushed to his limits. I wonder how he'll react?

Edgar on the other hand has been neck deep in *hit, yet come out the other end smelling of roses.

i gotta admit, im looking forward to this fight more than any UFC fight in recent memory. I can barely wait. Its going to immense
He was already pushed somewhat to the limit by Hominick. If I recall Mark was on top of him and Mark has 20% of Edgars cardio.

Hominick was Aldos toughest test to date (because He had good stand up albeit slow) and Mark really at the time you could argue was past his best as proven by his subsequent fights.

The way Frankie loses this fight is because He doesnt have the initial punch resistance and with a guy like Aldo, He will get finished.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #14
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
He was already pushed somewhat to the limit by Hominick. If I recall Mark was on top of him and Mark has 20% of Edgars cardio.
If there is area where Mark equals Frankie, it would be cardio.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
If there is area where Mark equals Frankie, it would be cardio.
No He doesnt, He is a low output guy and was as gassed as Aldo himself thats why He couldnt get one final surge. The closest thing to Edgar is Bendo (more economical) and Edgars non stop moving.
chimba is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum