boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933
Default The best test for GGG at each division (that can realistically happen)

So here the best fights in each division GGG is willing to fight in.

154> Lara or Trout are realistic opponents. Because of GGG's profile he has reward for them now.

160> this would be the toughest division but since Chavez is with same promoter its a great fight. Realistically Pirog seems logical choice though

168> Could there be more crowd pleasing fight at 168 then AA v GGG? AA come forward steal may suit GGG but GGG is going to get hit by a hard hitter that is for sure!!
paddymickey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: The best test for GGG at each division (that can realistically happen)

154 - Alvarez
160 - Martinez
168 - Froch
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: The best test for GGG at each division (that can realistically happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
154 - Alvarez
160 - Martinez
168 - Froch
Fights from those three that will actually be made...

154 -
160 -
168 -

Why on earth would anyone want to fight Golovkin? He's a good fighter, can crack a bit and brings nothing to the table financially. Sad fact.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post

154 -
160 -
168 -

Why on earth would anyone want to fight Golovkin? He's a good fighter, can crack a bit and brings nothing to the table financially. Sad fact.
True, I should have read the thread title properly I wouldn't have bothered posting Not exactly a long queue of fighters wanting to fight him.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

154- Trout: Willing operator, ventured into people's back yards and comes across as a true fighter. Fight would be easier to make then other i'd think and his style would trouble Golovkin somewhat. Not a easy fight at all, and intriging one which i think is a big test and realistic.

160- Not sure anyone of the champions would fancy it..

168- Ward won't happen IMO, Nor will Froch, Bute was in crowd on Saturday night but cannot see that either. If Froch beats Kessler i see Mikkel retiring, AA isn't a big test IMHO. I don't see a big test, Maybe Stevenson or Oosthuizen will be his debut at 168lbs for world honors. Not big tests but realistic i'd think..

I think some fighters will let him show himself a little more, plenty of am fights so it takes it's toll to a point and i think you will start to see some fancy it. The more average displays like the other night the more people will fancy chances. He could well do with hustling. Fight poor, and get a big fight. Shame fighters have to do that but i think it's been done before..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post

154 -
160 -
168 -

Why is Martinez fighting Murray then, whats he bring to the table ? Golovkin is being avoided, no two ways about it.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #7
fistsof steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Why is Martinez fighting Murray then, whats he bring to the table ? Golovkin is being avoided, no two ways about it.
True.!!!!
fistsof steel is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
160> this would be the toughest division but since Chavez is with same promoter its a great fight. Realistically Pirog seems logical choice though
They don't share the same promoter, as Golovkin is with K2 and not Top Rank. Top Rank may have gotten options on Golovkin for putting him on the most recent card, but even if he was a full-fledged member of the promotion there's no chance in hell he'd be getting a moneymaker like Chavez any time in the near future. See Lopez-Gamboa for evidence of how Bob usually likes to handle these kinds of situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Uh because he's a Brit in a fight that takes place in Argentina? Not to mention it's silly to use the opponent chosen in a post-surgery fight as evidence that another guy is being avoided.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #9
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I can see Geale-Golovkin happening near the end of the year.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
So here the best fights in each division GGG is willing to fight in.

154> Lara or Trout are realistic opponents. Because of GGG's profile he has reward for them now.

168> Could there be more crowd pleasing fight at 168 then AA v GGG? AA come forward steal may suit GGG but GGG is going to get hit by a hard hitter that is for sure!!
Did he actually say he'd fight @54?

The best fight that can/could be made for Golovkin right now is Chavez Jr, but I honestly think we have seen the last of the kid as a relevant fighter, there's too much distraction, the level of insane un-professional behaviour from this man will catch him up! (Jr)

Golovkin has interest now, he's marked as one of the top fighters in the division, its a matter of time before he starts to get solid worthy fights.

I imagine Trout will be a MW within 12 months, thats a good fight! Martinez, he'll obviously want a peice of him once he's done with Murray. AA makes a lot of sense and is probably the more likely.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 462

Golovkin is a cheap B-side to build up that HBO can feed to Ward. That fight will happen before Ward moves up. Maybe early next year once he recovers and has a tuneup.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum