Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #61
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 651
Default Re: Peter Quillin: "The fight with Golovkin doesn't make sense".

I like Peter Quillin, I think he has a great future as dose Golovikin. Right now there the second and third best at 160. In this matter however H think he's wrong. Like I said there the second and third best middleweights in the world with Martinez being the best. There is a reason that there might be a however. Both Quillin and Golovikin are really Martinez's only two real choices besides a rematch with Chavez. That Martinez has. Why take a risky fight against Golovkin for less money than a fight just as risky but for more money and prestege against Martinez?
ripcity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #62
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Martinez could fight Pirog. Hell GGG and Quillen could fight Pirog as well. Sadly the only champ who wants some is GGG.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #63
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

Lost respect for Peter here a little bit. His statement about GGG is completely baseless and idiotic. GGG is an HBO fighter likely more known than Gaele and Fernando Guerrero in the United States.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #64
ALLEXX
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

2 facts:

1) According to Steve Kim, the GGG-Rosado fight was by far the most viewed on last weeks HBO card, with 813,000 viewers.
Martinez -Burgos had 520,000 viewers
Garcia-Salido had 780,000.

2) From Steve Kim's article:
"I talked late into the night at Jimmy’s Corner with an employee of Madison Square Garden who told me they absolutely consider themselves in the Golovkin business. Judging by the crowd, there were a good number of Kazak’s out in the audience with their flags. Yes, like the Klitschkos (who have done significant business in the Big Apple in the past), it does look like there is something to be had here. He has a fan-friendly style and a constituency in this region.

Also selling a good amount of tickets was undercard fighter Sean Monaghan who, despite limited talent, is a guy who brings his share of people through the turnstiles. Go to any card in New York City with this guy (big or small) and he brings a sizable clan with him. In talking to a few fans who went to the Theater on Saturday night, they noted that partisans of both Monaghan and Golovkin left after their guys finished fighting, not caring too much about what fights followed."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Still not really known in the US?
ALLEXX is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #65
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
2 facts:

1) According to Steve Kim, the GGG-Rosado fight was by far the most viewed on last weeks HBO card, with 813,000 viewers.

"I talked late into the night at Jimmy’s Corner with an employee of Madison Square Garden who told me they absolutely consider themselves in the Golovkin business. Judging by the crowd, there were a good number of Kazak’s out in the audience with their flags. Yes, like the Klitschkos (who have done significant business in the Big Apple in the past), it does look like there is something to be had here. He has a fan-friendly style and a constituency in this region.

Also selling a good amount of tickets was undercard fighter Sean Monaghan who, despite limited talent, is a guy who brings his share of people through the turnstiles. Go to any card in New York City with this guy (big or small) and he brings a sizable clan with him. In talking to a few fans who went to the Theater on Saturday night, they noted that partisans of both Monaghan and Golovkin left after their guys finished fighting, not caring too much about what fights followed."

Golovkin right now is better known to American fans than Quillin is. GBP sticking Quillin with a planned slate of weak matchups in Barclay's is an attempt to help him build up some drawing power, so they can't have him fighting anyone who'd derail that, like Golovkin.

The only reason Golovkin isn't more well known now is his difficulty in securing opponents. If Quillin had taken the fight with GGG after Pirog got hurt, whoever won that fight would be a much better-known commodity now, but Quillin and GBP refusing to take the fight has made the road to stardom for both longer.

Golovkin would beat Quillin down, and Quillin knows it. Otherwise the fight would have happened back then. There was a chance to be on an HBO Main Event instead of on Showtime Danny Garcia undercards, and Quillin passed up free publicity to take the belt from N'Dam, who'd ducked GGG and held a belt that had been stripped from Pirog.

Quillin is having a very well-managed career. Now he's got a belt, hype, and a gravy train of soft touches in Brooklyn.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #66
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Talking of Taylor I want to see him fight GGG.
JT don't diserve this
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #67
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLEXX View Post
2 facts:

By far ....33k more viewers !

Just saying!
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #68
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Well, everyone wants to see it.

Except Quillin, I gather.

Whatever, Golovkin's busy chasing the fights, Quillin's obviously busy running from fights.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #69
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Well, everyone wants to see it.

Except Quillin, I gather.

Whatever, Golovkin's busy chasing the fights, Quillin's obviously busy running from fights.
Quillin last 3 opponents

N'Dam
Winky Wright
Craig Mcewan

Next fight: Fernando Guerrero

Golovkins last 3 fights

Rosado - lmw who was kod by Angulo in 2.
Proska - Lost to an English Postman
Mikoto Fuchigami - what the ****?

Quillin wants Martinez and Geale before Golovkin. Both by far more established champions
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #70
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
Golovkin right now is better known to American fans than Quillin is. GBP sticking Quillin with a planned slate of weakj matchups
McEwan
Wright
N'Dam
Guerrero
And possibly Rubio are weak fighters

You do realize that N'Dam is two levels above anyone Golovkin has faced yet? You do realize that Rubio is fat boy Chavez best victory? You do realize outside of Martinez and Sturm Quillins has probably faced the best competition of anyone in the top 5 at middleweight

Golovkin fans are jokes? I can't wait till this hype job is exposed for the no headmovement, slow punching, pizza face he is.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #71
milkman11
Boxing Junkie
ESB Senior Member

It might not make sense to Quillin but it makes sense to Ward. Oh well.
milkman11 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #72
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
so he's ducking the number 2 rated GGG because he wants the number 1 rated and unified champion?
Rubio is lined up for Quillin if he wins his next fight. If they wanted Golovkin next, the fight would happen. Quillin's team refused a fight with Golovkin already saying he wasn't ready for him.

Quillin is a really cool guy and I'm a big fan but there's no question he's avoiding GGG. It's disappointing but understandable.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #73
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
McEwan
Wright
N'Dam
Guerrero
And possibly Rubio are weak fighters

You do realize that N'Dam is two levels above anyone Golovkin has faced yet? You do realize that Rubio is fat boy Chavez best victory? You do realize outside of Martinez and Sturm Quillins has probably faced the best competition of anyone in the top 5 at middleweight

Golovkin fans are jokes? I can't wait till this hype job is exposed for the no headmovement, slow punching, pizza face he is.
Dude, is Quillin your dad or something?

Wright was basically retired for three years before the Quillin fight. If GGG had fought a former Junior Middleweight who had been retired for 3 years, you'd be going on about it for a year or so.

N'Dam could have fought GGG at any point he was WBA interim champ, but he never wanted that fight. GGG would have stopped him.

Quillin also got outboxed in embarrassing fashion in almost every round he didn't win 10-7 vs N'Dam.

Also, you keep bringing up how Golovkin got "Pizza faced." Rosado got destroyed much, much worse, and that was all while he was in survival mode basically the whole fight. He only lasted that long by running and spoiling. He got outlanded by like a 3-1 margin and basically got demolished off the jab alone.

Lastly, facial damage isn't the be all and end all you make it out to be of determining who won a fight. Even if it was, Golovkin still destroyed Rosado's face much more. I didn't see you claiming anywhere that Pacquiao had got the better of Marquez in their third fight, but guess who's face looked worse after the third fight? Marquez, easily.

Didn't see you calling Marquez a loser who got marked up by a faded Asian midget there.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #74
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

He's hiding some shaky whiskers and he knows Golovkin would expose them!!!!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #75
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Lost everything i had typed out

Ill just leave you Pizza face nuthuggers with this

Your boy WILL be exposed. He was getting tapped up by a C level smaller fighter. Wait till he faces a real top 10 middleweight.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum